Patriotism and perverted patriotism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyfly

You are very right with that we should think that our country is a good place to live....but i dont think that people should think that its the best country....by thinking that you are looking down on other coutries....country is just a piece of land just as any other....but it is the people who make the laws and other stuff. so this is the part where a race comes in....by thinking that your country is better is just as same as thinking that your race is better. that makes you look down on the other races....and that is racism.

Spyfly said:
You are very right with that we should think that our country is a good place to live....but i dont think that people should think that its the best country....by thinking that you are looking down on other coutries....country is just a piece of land just as any other....

I don't see how you can view your country like that. If you don't believe that your nation is the best place in the world to live and you have no love for it, what are you still doing there? Unless of course you are completely apathetic and just couldn't care less where you live.

but it is the people who make the laws and other stuff. so this is the part where a race comes in....by thinking that your country is better is just as same as thinking that your race is better. that makes you look down on the other races....and that is racism.

Wrong answer. Unless you have managed to miss it somehow, you know that RACE has nothing to do with nationality in most areas of the Western world I have friends of Middle Eastern, Asian, African, East Indian, American Indian, and Latino descent (and I'm probably missing a couple there, too), with one thing in common, they are all American, and to the man they share my views on America, but I think you would be very hard pressed to drive home your point that any of us are racist.

As has been said before, every willing citizen of ANY country should believe that, for whatever reason, their own country is the best place in the world for them to live, and should be motivated to do what is right for that nation.

hmmm.....i am pretty sure that i spelled it right....i copy and paste the subjet....perhaps it was a bad ghost...from the past....and the ghost wants to take over the world and starts by screwing around on this site...or what i probably did was just clicked on a new topic instead of reply...but shouldnt there be something blocking from making the same subject?

Spyfly, I think you just started the new topic button. At the bottom, is the Post Reply button, that's what ya want to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back