Do you support the Patriot Act?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• only if changes are made

• Total voters
I will support it if changes are made. I did a quick scan of the full text version of the bill. THere is a lot in there about coordinating between government agencies.

The one thing I am totally against in that bill is the way the government can search your home and monitor your phones with ease. Some one called it the "sneak and peak" warrant. The Forefathers of the USA specifically addressed the issue in the Bill of Rights.

Amendment IV
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

its an invasion of privacy and personal rights, but at the time of the bill's legislation, nobody really cared. The Patriot Act should be redifined.

I have nothing to hide, I personally do not care about such "civil rights". I choose living over the quality of living. Such "rights", In this world we live In, are a privledge.

Three times has the US restricted cibil rights, and three times have they been restored as the emergency was over.

Back