Pathfinder

--

September 19th, 2004  
Delta210

Topic: Pathfinder

While with Landing Force 6th Fleet, our artillery battery went ashore in Tunisia for a training excerise. We went to the beach in LCUs while our guns were flown in by CH-53s. The plan was to route march to the LZ and meet up with our equipment. Our platoon started out, making good time across the sand, for what was supposed to be about a 20 minute march. After 45 minutes, we started questioning the platoon sergeant, who was a Gunny with 17 years in service. He took great exception to our questioning of his map reading skills and told us so in no uncertain terms. Satisfied that he had put us young Marines in our place, he turned around and started to go over the map once again. That is when one of the Corporals walked over and, none to subtly, pointed out to Gunny that the map was upside down. To say Gunny was a bit humble for the rest of the march would be an understatement.
September 20th, 2004  
sunb!

Topic: Amusing

A good one! I always such things amusing, especially when the guy in responsible for the map read the GPS coordinates in the wrong order
September 20th, 2004  
c/Commander

Gotta love Marines... Ooorah!
--
January 15th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

well, stuff happens...
January 15th, 2005  
Charge 7

How much did he pay you not to tell that to the Lieuy?

Or should I say, what did he threaten you with if you did?
January 16th, 2005  
rotc boy

we all make mistakes, bet he felt bad enough as it was
January 19th, 2005  
AmericanSweetheart

Topic: Don't you love the Marines?

Marines make me giggle sometimes! Ahahahahahahahahaha
November 7th, 2007  
Team Infidel

marines.... gotta love'em
November 8th, 2007  
A Can of Man