Pastors Plan to burn Koran endangers US troops

I am still very concerned about the reaction of burning those holy books will cause.

Most Muslims as far as I know, consider the very book, something that is Holy, it is a little more than the words of their God, it in itself is a religious relic of sorts.

You know what concerns me, the level of pandering the West seems determined to put itself through to pretend we are the good guys.

What is more important to our society freedom of speech and expression or keeping a people happy that fly off the handle at anything they don't like?

Why is it we can look at the likes of Bin Laden and sell him as an extremist nutjob that is not indicative of Islam yet Muslims will not look at this pastor in exactly the same light?

I am all for equality in all things but it has to work both ways, I personally think this guy is an idiot of epic proportions but we have built our societies on protecting his right to be an idiot.

Well, we cant afford to be idiots anymore...

Japan has a wonderful car industry, Europe have factories running again, China is Waking up, Russia is ruled by a smart and effective little mafia like organisation (not ruled by a retarded dictator anymore), India is rising too, even the Arabs arent retarded desert dwellers like they used to be and we even start to care about Africa...

Oh, I forgot South America, I always forget these guys... Even Canada starts to matter...

I tell you one thing buddy, the world is falling apart...

Dude when hasn't the world been falling apart, nations and empires rise, fall and rise again and if it is falling apart then perhaps this is the time for strength of character rather than appeasement.

For the record:
Japanese auto industry is strong because it adapted to a changing world without sacrificing its core aims.
Europe factories are running again because Europe now has an economy that is constantly being destroyed by armies marching over it.
China with a couple of billion people to feed and well over half of them poor and illiterate will never reach the quality of the wests products because they can't steal an idea fast enough.
Russia who really cares outside the cities it is still a peasant economy, a problem that has plagued it for well over 300 years.
India (See China).
Arabs, once the oil is gone they will be back to hiking through the desert.
South America, yeah right about the only thing they can export is revolution.
Canada, far too smart to want to be involved with the rest of the world.

It seems the 'burning' has been delayed indefinitely. Perhaps the real reason was this:

WORLD BREATHES EASY AS SAD LITTLE MAN DECIDES HE'S HAD ENOUGH ATTENTION

THE world was breathing a sigh of relief last night as the self-appointed head of a tiny church decided he had had enough attention for the time being.

realtjones.jpg
It wasn't even the real Terry Jones​

Pastor Terry Jones said he would return to exploiting workers in his faith-based furniture business after getting the entire planet to stop what it was doing and listen to his idiotic nonsense for over a week.

He said: "That was remarkably easy. In fact it sort of feels like a wasted opportunity. Oh well.

"I don't suppose anyone would like to buy a dining table?"

But as Jones went back to being a lonely fruitcake, thousands of other people who represent no-one unveiled their plans to be phoned-up by President Obama and told they are a threat to world peace.

Bill McKay, from Grantham, said: "I've just set up the Global Church for Love and Freedom. At the moment it's me, my blow-up wife, our two beautiful DVD players and my invisible friend Stephen.

"It's currently based behind my fridge, but we are hoping to move to the downstairs lavatory if Stephen brings along some of his chums.

"Anyway, this weekend, as an act of protest, myself and my wife are going to set fire to this drawing of Buddha because I hate Buddha. His values offend me and he is also the Devil.

"Now, which microphone would you like me to speak into? Shall we start by talking about the kind of person I am and what motivates me?"

Helen Archer, founder of the International Centre for a Global World, currently based on the passenger seat of her Honda Jazz, said: "To mark the 164th anniversary of the invention of the sewing machine, I am going to take an electric sander to this statue of the Virgin Mary, because it looked at me strangely.

"I will not back down until Princess Anne takes me to see Toy Story 3 and buys me a strawberry Cornetto."

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/...cides-he's-had-enough-attention-201009103078/

You know what concerns me, the level of pandering the West seems determined to put itself through to pretend we are the good guys.

What is more important to our society freedom of speech and expression or keeping a people happy that fly off the handle at anything they don't like?

Why is it we can look at the likes of Bin Laden and sell him as an extremist nutjob that is not indicative of Islam yet Muslims will not look at this pastor in exactly the same light?

I am all for equality in all things but it has to work both ways, I personally think this guy is an idiot of epic proportions but we have built our societies on protecting his right to be an idiot.

That is totally not the way I see the situation, I don't try to convince myself one side is "good" or the other is "evil", I live in a place where policy makers do that for me.

But I do not just seek tolerance, but hope for a quiet coexsistance between the two very different worlds, cause I don't know about anyone esle, but it is nice sleeping peacefully at night, and a lot of people in a lot of places are putting everything on the line for that.

That's what I'm looking at, leave the social and political discussions to those who have the breath for it.

The problem is that you dont get quiet coexistence through acquiescence to anger you just make people understand that anger gets them what they want, you get quiet coexistence from mutual respect and understanding and that requires both parties to participate.

There is no peace without equality...

You cant live with people who think they are superior/act they are superior.

You cant live in peace with people who try to bring down your economy.

etc...

The problem is the economic system, we are waging wars at each others, some by dropping bombs, others by selling cars...

No peace in such conditions. Everybody is trying to sell something... Even religions are for sale.

Separatist/terrorist swine in Kabardino-Balkarya, Russia, tried to blow up a monument to World War II heros. Severely damaged it, temporarily extinguished the eternal flame. 100,000 Korans should be burnt for this. A few mosques along with them maybe too. You may think it is not politically correct to say this, but we in Russia are seriously tired of this crap. Many want not police forces, but the army to come back into North Caucasus and restore order there once and for all. Like Stalin did.

You know, it's not even actual Caucasians who cause trouble there. It is these mojaheds, Afghans, Arabs, Turks. Islamist human garbage. Russia, Israel, China, India, USA, NATO should unite and deal with this once and for all.

Last edited:
You think that you are so much better than this "human garbage"?

After reading your post, I dont think so...

The problem is that you dont get quiet coexistence through acquiescence to anger you just make people understand that anger gets them what they want, you get quiet coexistence from mutual respect and understanding and that requires both parties to participate.

Shortening it with the old adage, force equals force, I was implying that mutual respect and understanding is the way to go, no pre judged assumptions, or one culture seeming inferior to another, the way I see things is as vain as you may perceive.

You think that you are so much better than this "human garbage"?

After reading your post, I dont think so...

Well, I was angry. Still am. They went after a cultural monument there.

And who murdered children at Beslan? Or innocent theatre goers in Moscow? Or market shoppers in Vladikavkaz.

That's their way. Kill civillians. They fight like cowards, if one can call that fighting. Yeah, I am better: my people at least fight and kill face to face.

Define "theirs"... Just give it a try.

The Muslims? the Koran is the holy book of a billion people in the world. Even more.

If we had one billion civilian murderers on earth, we would have noticed it.

And it's easy to kill "face to face" when you have superior armor, training, skills, communications, technology...

I'm not a professional soldier, but take a hunting rifle and give me a tank, and I would fight any professionnal soldier face to face aswell...

Dont play the game of comparison...

Last edited:
Define "theirs"... Just give it a try.

The Muslims? the Koran is the holy book of a billion people in the world. Even more.

If we had one billion civilian murderers on earth, we would have noticed it.

And it's easy to kill "face to face" when you have superior armor, training, skills, communications, technology...

I'm not a professional soldier, but take a hunting rifle and give me a tank, and I would fight any professionnal soldier face to face aswell...

Dont play the game of comparison...

Why shouldn't he? You just did. Pot meet kettle.

Just to show how hard it is to find a good example...

And it's easy to call people cowards when you have modern tanks on your side...

edit:
It's funny somehow, just think about a terrorists calling their enemies cowards because they hide behind tanks, airplanes, satellites etc...

And in the other side, the people fighting terrorists calling them cowards too.

Who is right? both? Neither? Is it relevant?

Last edited:
Separatist/terrorist swine in Kabardino-Balkarya, Russia, tried to blow up a monument to World War II heros. Severely damaged it, temporarily extinguished the eternal flame. 100,000 Korans should be burnt for this. A few mosques along with them maybe too. You may think it is not politically correct to say this, but we in Russia are seriously tired of this crap. Many want not police forces, but the army to come back into North Caucasus and restore order there once and for all. Like Stalin did.
How many bibles should be burnt for the removal of a mass grave in Khimki, which is 5 kilometers from Moscow, which was removed by the Russian bureaucrats in a Russian city to build a trade center and a parking? Or how many bibles should be burnt for Russian alkies throwing their Russian fella onto the eternal flame? Maybe we should move tanks into Moscow and Rostov, like even Stalin didn't do? That will definitely be a panacea.

Just to show how hard it is to find a good example...

And it's easy to call people cowards when you have modern tanks on your side...

edit:
It's funny somehow, just think about a terrorists calling their enemies cowards because they hide behind tanks, airplanes, satellites etc...

And in the other side, the people fighting terrorists calling them cowards too.

Who is right? both? Neither? Is it relevant?
Hide behind satellites? That's crap. Satellites and aircraft were not given by God just for the hell of it. They were created by people's hands, that's the result of a long, hard work. They were created to save soldiers' lives. Does valuing life make you a coward? I better be a 'coward' and 'hide' behind a tank than behind a school.

You can say that if you want...

But it's like saying that poor people are poor because they are lazy... I prefer the religious people who say that it's god who gives wealth and decides who is going to be rich or poor.
I would call it luck rather than god's will, but hey... Same results.

And I dont want to be annoying, but I'm sure that even the terrorists prefer to hide behind tanks rather than schools...

In the Ancient World the Greeks attained intellectual prominence, in the Middle ages it was the Arabic school, then Italy followed by the Northern Europeans, the US and last of all the Japanese the latter mainly in the application of this intellect. No civilisation has a monopoly on achievement.

No doubt the Chinese and Indian cultures will rise to dominance, not least through the sheer number of brains. We must also not forget that a large number of ideas and mathematics already originate from these cultures.

I think what has happening at present is that the US universities keep picking of the cream of the Chinese culture, but these guys are already dominant.

This chart, adapted from EdSource's 2007 Resource Cards, shows the percent of high school graduates in 2005 who completed the courses required for eligibility for the California State University (CSU) and University of California (UC) systems.

elig_ethnic4_07.gif

Last edited:
You can say that if you want...

But it's like saying that poor people are poor because they are lazy... I prefer the religious people who say that it's god who gives wealth and decides who is going to be rich or poor.
I would call it luck rather than god's will, but hey... Same results.

And I dont want to be annoying, but I'm sure that even the terrorists prefer to hide behind tanks rather than schools...
No, you're not annoying because we are discussing the very essential part of philosophy of terrorism. Man, if you just pray, you won't create material values and scientific progress. Material civilization is being created in research institutes and on factories. Let us avoid contraposition of muslims and the western world, we can compare countries like Iran or Turkey and Lybia for example. They all are ardent muslims, they pray, they follow Quran and what...? Iran is one of the most advanced industrial nations in the region, Turkey is the one of the largest economies (if not the largest) in the Islamic world, and where is Lybia?

I mean, heaven helps those who help themselves. Look at Hamas guerillas. They launch their 'missiles' on Israeli cities. Ever thought for what sake? They must realize that they can't fight Israel with such kind of weapons and those methods, but they're still doing that. They know that after they launch a missile an IAF helicopter will come blow the whole place up. Is that how people fight for freedom.. by setting up own fellow citizens? Why does any one need to act in that way instead of making an effort to somehow upgrade their way of life? But terrorists won't recieve a tank only by praying. Jesus himself was a carpenter, he worked with his own hands. So, just to prefer is surely not enough here.

How many bibles should be burnt for the removal of a mass grave in Khimki, which is 5 kilometers from Moscow, which was removed by the Russian bureaucrats in a Russian city to build a trade center and a parking? Or how many bibles should be burnt for Russian alkies throwing their Russian fella onto the eternal flame? Maybe we should move tanks into Moscow and Rostov, like even Stalin didn't do? That will definitely be a panacea.

True, true... I don't know... I don't like Kabardins is all. Nothing against Karachai people, or Cherkes, but Kabardins... can't stand them. Us and them fight constantly, you know. Couple months ago, Kabardins attacked one of our stanitsas, injured a kazak there. Then our men killed one of their youth leaders... And recently there was a fight between children, from a stantista and a Kabardin village, 2 were wounded, not sure who from which side. Just do not like each other, us and Kabardins... Same as with Chechens, but NOBODY likes Chechens. I mean, Ingush, their supposed brothers, threw stones at buses full of Chechens after a soccer match between a Chechen and a Ingush team, it was same day as the anti-Chechen riots in Krasnodar. And let us not forget how much Kazakhs hate Chechens. I've seen videos of anti-Chechen pogroms in Kazakhstan... you know, sometimes I actually feel sorry for those people. Sometimes.

Back