'Paris-syndrome' and I'm not talking the heiress

no offence to the french but i must now laugh my arse off:p :p
after what happened 6 months or so ago, (riots in the ghetto streets ect...) the illusion of a beautiful france was shattered for me

I agree its not the friendliest city in the world (even most French admit this), I wouldnt say people are rude however, thats largely a myth. It's still a nice place to visit. Oh, And their are TONS of Japanese that visit every year.

My guess its culture shock, Japan and France (all of Europe) are polar opposites. When I first moved here from NY it took me 2 years just to adjust. Japanese society tends to be more closed so it must be like taking a fish out of water for some of those not used to it.

Last edited:
sounds to me like the japs ideas of paris and france werent exactly based in reality. and how do you explain that paris being rude could make one think he was louie the 14th? just odd.

Let's just say that French shoud clean 1up dog sh!t in pari.

Disgusting isnt it? Even most Parisiens think its nasty. To be fair its not only in France, I have seen even worse in other cities. Its just dog owners have this mentality that cleaning up after their dog should be someone else problem. When I was growing in NY it was exactly the same problem.

Then Guliani passed strict laws making it a $200 or $500 fine everytime you didnt clean up.

Fixed the dog poo problem in 3 months.:p

And other plobrem is japanese restaurant in pari are almost false japanese restauraunt.
Korean and Chinese are running them.
If Parisienne thought they are delicious,russian in vladiostok is much more gourmet than parisienne.
I choose eating snake instead false japanese food.

Last edited:
Disgusting isnt it? Even most Parisiens think its nasty. To be fair its not only in France, I have seen even worse in other cities. Its just dog owners have this mentality that cleaning up after their dog should be someone else problem. When I was growing in NY it was exactly the same problem.

Cultural difference - In my country you are considered a non responsible dog owner if you do not clean up after your dog. Perhaps the people "on the continent" have some other opinions on this.

Well, I don't walk my furball. She goes throught the doggie door into my backyard. She has a little corner in the backyard that I clean up with the garden hose everyday.

Back