Paris ready to cooperate with Iran in nuclear power - Page 4

--
Boots

October 24th, 2005  
Ted

I don't know about that. I do know that quite many deliveries were intercepted in the Rotterdam harbour. But what do you do when a private enterprise deals with the devil? Because there were more than just a few companies caught dealing to Saddam.
I am not sure whether you could count that as some government or not?
October 24th, 2005  
Chocobo_Blitzer

No I suppose private enterprises don't count....
October 25th, 2005  
gladius

SADDAM BRIBED THE FRENCH TO GO AGAINST THE WAR.

For the French it was all about money. Alll the crap they were feeding the public about about any kind of morality about staying out of the war is bogus, the French supported Saddam because of the money involved. France was in Saddams pocket.

Memos from Iraqi intelligence officials, recovered by American and British inspectors, show the dictator was told as early as May 2002 that France - having been granted oil contracts - would veto any American plans for war.
http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1167592004

http://www.acepilots.com/unscam/archives/001347.html

A French legislator even told an Iraqi intelligence official that Paris would veto any U.N. resolution authorizing war against Iraq. In fact, France threatened to do just that. But for what, exactly? Iraq's deputy prime minister, Tariq Aziz, told Duelfer that "French oil companies wanted to secure two large oil contracts."
http://www.jewishworldreview.com/mor...rman102704.asp
While Saddam had abandoned his biological weapons programs, he retained the scientists and other technicians "needed to restart a potential biological weapons program," and he "intended to reconstitute long-range delivery systems [that is, missiles] and . . . the systems potentially were for WMD." These conclusions were based on interviews with Saddam Hussein, his closest advisers, and his weapons scientists, along with the kind of industrial equipment the Iraqi government imported and maintained.

Not only that, but Chirac is a presonal friend of Saddam.

http://www.lexnotes.com/misc/jacques_iraq.htm
--
Boots
October 25th, 2005  
zyonchaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabs
Well no actually, The muslims can kill all hte jews and only loose a hundred million muslims. That would be worth it to them. Crazy TERRIOST regimes like Iran should not have nuclear weapons. Responsible countrys like USA, France, Britian, dare i say China can have nukes because there for defensive purposes.

:P :P :P :P :P :P
Rabs mate thats got to be the best bit of fiction i have read in a long time I'm still laughing. Especially the bit about responsible countries, your top 3 read like the whos who of I'm gonna start a war tomorrow what country am I? (well france maybe not, but they do like blowing up nukes on little islands that don't fight back)
The only line you used that made sense and was credible was about muslims can kill all the jews and only lose a hundred million muslims.
your correct in saying that it wouldn't bother them because they see it as an early entry into eternal paradise with allah. But as for the rest grow up man responsible democratic countries do not TELL other countries what they can and cant do why? Because thats called DICTATORSHIP
October 25th, 2005  
Pierrot

pfffffffffff I've seen this picture so many times. I repeat I know France's involved in this story, but you too. And remember -> http://www.spikemagazine.com/splinte...12/history.php

I am fed up with this behavior guys.
October 25th, 2005  
mmarsh

Pierrot is right

Nobody denies that France had dealings with Saddam. Certainly before the 1991 Gulf War and possibly after it as well, although that has yet to be proven.

The issue is before certain self-righteous Americans can get on their high horse and lecture the French about what they did in Iraq they should look in their own closet and see what skeletons are still there. For example the chemicals that Saddam used against the Kurds and Iranians in the 1980's were bought from the Dow Chemical Company in the USA, a deal that was Oked by none other than our beloved Rummy.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story...866942,00.html

There is blame to go around...
October 27th, 2005  
gladius

At least the USA cares about democracy in the region, and is willing to see that it happens, even with the risk of its own soldiers.

For France, ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!
October 27th, 2005  
MightyMacbeth

man...this is messed up. Why cant people live along?

Problem is, its worrying everyone. France and Iran, dont sound good..thats what people think..And sensing war and all. Allegiances and alliances. Siding against each other..And look at the UN.. bloody bizness really
October 27th, 2005  
phoenix80

Quote:
The issue is before certain self-righteous Americans can get on their high horse and lecture the French about what they did in Iraq they should look in their own closet and see what skeletons are still there. For example the chemicals that Saddam used against the Kurds and Iranians in the 1980's were bought from the Dow Chemical Company in the USA, a deal that was Oked by none other than our beloved Rummy
LoL
It makes me laugh as an Iranian who remembers the days of war clearly.

Any way, where were you FRENCH when Americans sold the Iraqis those bad bad things?

And why were you selling Iraqis the best and most sophasticated stuff such as Mirage planes, Exocet missiles, Super etendard jets and other stuff?

No body is buying this BS any more!

And let me tell you some thing:
Germans and Dutch are also as guilty as you french are.

At least Americans sold us what we needed too in 1980s.
October 27th, 2005  
Ted

Christ Almighty, has everybody started to point at the others? Do many of you think that there is one major country who hasn't done any "shady business" overthere?
Yes a lot of European countries have sold toys to the Irians and Iraqies, because business is business. In free enterprise everything is allowed, sounds like American business-ethos to me.

But before we start calling eachother names like Saddam-lovers, why is that that most countries in the region have shot at the Americans with their own equipment? The Afghans recieved "aid", so did the Iranians during the Shah's reign and Saddam when fighting the Ayatollahs. This wasn't done in the name of democracy or altruism.

I have read the word "high- horse" in this thread and I do see a curious mix of moral right-do-er and pragmatic realist playing the cards of international instability. I (and probably some other Europeans as well) do not deny our dirty fingers in the name of monetary gains, but please don't state that the Amercans are free of such detestable principles. That would show a considerable gap in the knowledge of modern history!

And finally: what does this mean?

Quote:
Any way, where were you FRENCH when Americans sold the Iraqis those bad bad things?
Were they supposed to invade the US because of this, or actively intervene in the region with a military presence or start economic embargo's against the US?