Parents monitoring teenagers drving via a black box

Should parents monitor teenage driving habits via a black box?

• Yes (<18 )

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • No (<18 )

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • not sure (<18 )

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes (18+)

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No (18+)

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • not sure (18+)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My mom was recently trying to put a black box in my car. But my dad agreed with me, i had paid for my car,i pay for the gas, i pay for the insurance, i had payed for the registration fees. All they had done was put their names on the papers, and i had the right to choose what went in my car.

So to celebrate this small personal victory im going to play paintball this weekend. And im gonna use my car as a pball tank (cover it with cardboard, put plywood over the windows, cept the small spot on my windshield i need to see) and have my friend shoot out of the sunroof. its gonna kick some arse

Damn, it is sound good to me. Mind if I join you to play paintball? I have a marker, balls, mask, camo, and something like that.

ironhorseredleg said:
Parenting isn't a right; it's a responsibility.

They have abdicated their responsibility. I don't want to speak disparaging of your folks but that's the fact of the matter. Although since you are under 18 if you kill someone or cause massive property damage with that car your folks will BY LAW get stuck with the bills... whether they agree or not.

Whoa ... easy ... let's be clear about this ....

bulldogg said:
They have abdicated their responsibility. I don't want to speak disparaging of your folks but that's the fact of the matter. Although since you are under 18 if you kill someone or cause massive property damage with that car your folks will BY LAW get stuck with the bills... whether they agree or not.
Not meaning to pile on ... but ... young man, as long as your parents have ANYTHING to do with this car (signed the papers), and you are NOT yet 18 (an adult), they can be taken to the cleaners for everything they own I F you were to have an accident where someone was severely injured or killed. Even when you become 18, as long as your parents names are on the papers they will STILL be targets in the event that something were to go wrong.

I really wouldnt mind...I have nothing to hide. The only people who wouldnt want this are the people who have to hide something.

When I saw only a part of a title "parents monitoring teenagers", I was like "wtf? They have no right to do so." but then, I read the rest.... and hey, I think parents should know about a way their teen children drive cars.

Actually, for me it's a bit of hard to imagine, because in my country you can receive a driving license if you're 18 years old /thus adult by laws of my country/ only, and maybe my opinion here doesn't count that much because you actually can't be non-responsible for yourself by law when you drive a car and also because I don't live in America to where was the question pointing mainly to... but whatever. Safety first... :]

today my dad had him drive him to the tattoo parlor, because he was getting his tattoo going up his arm, around hsi back, and then down his other arm
so after he had finished, it hurt sitting in the car so he said "get me home as fast as you can"

we drove 30 miles in bout 5 minutes
all my dad said the entire time was "dont ever let me catch you doing this again, but for now, somethings beeping"
so i slowed down just before passing a cop

I think that falls under it's own category. My Dad would never do that, but my Mum would. She yelled at me to go 60 in a 40 zone my 3rd time driving, because she needed to get back home fast.

I went 90 in a 65 w/o mom noticing...i culda gone 100 if i wanted but the car started shakin, so i didnt...lol...i can get away with murder when she's on the phone...

I think it's a great idea. Insurance companies do it here for young male drivers...brings down there insurance as its huge in ireland if your under 21 male and without 3 yrs no claims bonus. Also do it (I think) in uk with some R drivers. It makes ppl drive safer thats for sure

Sure does, though I think more women need it here than us young lads do...Some crazy chicks in my high school...One girl got a Mercades as her FIRST CAR! Im not even getting my own car...Curse my parents' morals!

Yeah, but with a Mercades she's much more likely to drive safely than with a 20 year old car that's about to fall apart...

Back