Parents who beat their children

yes. it's teaching her that to do bad **** gets attention.
I must agree. Distract her by all means, but one should never reward bad behaviour even if it is not understood by the child, this is how we as human beings learn. Otherwise the child will never learn the difference between good and bad, and will later be confused when corrected by others.

ok, how about this

when i do pick her up, i tell her that what she is doing is a bad no-no. she might not understand, but it dows get er out of m y hair for a while

question: how would you punish a 1 yesr old for taking everything off of your desk and keep on doing it while you sit there and fight her?

(my) answer: because she wants attention, i pick her up and love on her.

now, is that spoiling her?
Put her in a play pen.

People need to start EARLY in teaching their child to behave. Putting her in a play pen and ignoring her (within viewing distance & yes, even if she is screaming) is not going to kill her or mess her mind up.

(Then again, it depends how long one is working, a person must use common sense, I just wanted to throw that in there so no one thinks I'm saying drop a kid in a play pen for 8hrs while doing paper work).

ok, how about this

when i do pick her up, i tell her that what she is doing is a bad no-no. she might not understand, but it dows get er out of m y hair for a while
That is like saying, "mommy said don't play with knives, yes, yes little sweetie" while shaking it in her face and wiggling it around like a toy.

(IMHO).

pixie, she already knows the burner is hot (she tried but fell short of touching the burner because of the heat) and no, i'm not going to put a knife in front of her. she knows that some things are a no-no. she also knows that if a drink is spilled, she grabs a towel and cleans it up (very smart little lady) and she also knows that throwing everything off of my desk is a no-no.

i have had people come into my house and yell at my children for various things. even last night my brother-in-law comes into the house and my husband tell the girls to go to bed, my brother in law (who hates kids to all extent...even if he does have a child himself) yells at my girls to no end. he bellows and i think (personally) that it is emotional abuse. the girls have a lot of resentment towards him...
i think i out winded myself...i'm sorry.

she knows that some things are a no-no. she also knows that if a drink is spilled, she grabs a towel and cleans it up (very smart little lady) and she also knows that throwing everything off of my desk is a no-no.
That's good then. :)

p.s. I didn't say you were going to put a knife in front of her; I was using that as an example in a general way.

i have had people come into my house and yell at my children for various things.

yells at my girls to no end. he bellows and i think (personally) that it is emotional abuse. the girls have a lot of resentment towards him...
i think i out winded myself...i'm sorry.
That guy sounds like a jerk.

Anyone who is a decent parent knows screaming at children won't get you anywhere. (Though yelling does happen in some families, I think it depends on what is happening, and how exactly one is pitching their voice, etc. Sorry if that sounds like BS, lol, but that is how I feel).

That guy sounds like a jerk.

Anyone who is a decent parent knows screaming at children won't get you anywhere. (Though yelling does happen in some families, I think it depends on what is happening, and how exactly one is pitching their voice, etc. Sorry if that sounds like BS, lol, but that is how I feel).
trust me, i know what you mean. and no...yelling ain't gonna get anybody anywhere.

and yes, he is.

raising your voice and yelling (IMO) are two different things. i have been known to yell, and i have been known to be called out on it. but what he does is absolutely nonsense. i wish i could somehow call him out on it.

i wish i could somehow call him out on it.
If you don't call him on it who is going to? Those are YOUR children.

You either make yourself and him feel uncomfortable by saying something or you sit back and listen to him scream at your children.

I can tell you which of those scenarios I'd be doing, and it wouldn't be sitting back. (And I am not the kind of person who confronts people on a whim IRL).

One rule I do have in my house for my kin, in laws or anybody else, only me and my wife tell out two what to do, my own mother doesn't tell my kids what to do in my house, in her house yea, but not in mine
Your brother in law should show you the same respect

(I`m 14).

I personally hate my cell phone. My mother got it for to stay in touch when I`m out of the house. I`m constantly receiving calls for everyone, gettings texts, it drives me nuts. I`d love to dispose of my electronic leash, but alas I cannot.

Many of my friends work just to keep their cell phone (their bills are that high) and I find that ridicolous. Heck, I`m seeing so many kids with blackberries, I cannot believe my eyes.

Personally, everyone I hang out with my mother is okay with, and I make sure of that so she feels okay so she doesn`t have to call me. I`ll call her every now and then to tell her when I`ll be home etc etc.

As for beatings, my mother would hit me from time to time (slap on the face) if I did something real bad. I learned fast. Too bad NCOs in Army Cadets can`t hit cadets anymore for performing poorly at drill, our recruits need a lesson! (I help out, however they just don`t care...)

Last edited:
dunno...

One of my friends (he's 17) has one, but that was because his mother's boyfriend, who is rich as all get-out, gave it to him because the mother's boyfriend didn't want it. I call that fair play.

Not that Blackberry!!!
blackberry_8800.jpg

THAT blackberry.

I must disagree to an extent... In this day and age where old is getting younger BlackBerries are a very useful tool. In a day and age where 18 year olds are expected to already have the rest of their lives planned out, BlackBerries can help keep a hectic schedule straight... I don't even have one, but I use my cell phone's calendar on a daily basis... I would be lost without it. E-mail is also a very integral part of my life, I can get notes from missed classes, I can inform teachers of an absence on the go, and a number of other things... Sure, there's no reason for a 10 year old to have a BlackBerry, but I consider myself still a kid, and I could actually really benefit from one.

Oh Ok after i read my post I wondered what you were saying LOL, ( yea fingers bigger than keys)

But I agree kinds don't need blackberries, in fact I don't think ANYBODY needs those dam things, I was sitting at a red light today and the poor guy next to me got rear ended bu a teenager who never knew the light was red due to texting on his blackberry.
Personally, what I would have done to him I can't say on here.

Back