From paratroopers: Did Israel recieve any WMDs from USA?

SHERMAN

EDIT:1217 was asking me(with a smile...) if we(Israel) got nukes from the USA...Mark came to the rescue, here it is:

Well, now your off-topic completely.....Well, I doubt the US sold us any WNDs...

No..a nuke is not concidered ammo..LoL

BTW, US Code prohibits the sell of weapons:

TITLE 42 > CHAPTER 23 > Division A > SUBCHAPTER VIII > Sec. 2122.
Sec. 2122. - Prohibitions governing atomic weapons

It shall be unlawful, except as provided in section 2121 of this title, for any person to transfer or receive in interstate or foreign commerce, manufacture, produce, transfer, acquire, possess, import, or export any atomic weapon. Nothing in this section shall be deemed to modify the provisions of section 2051(a) or 2131 of this title

Whats 2121?

(c) Sale, lease, or loan to other Nations of materials for military applications

The President may authorize the Commission or the Department of Defense, with the assistance of the other, to cooperate with another nation and, notwithstanding the provisions of section 2077, 2092, or 2111 of this title, to transfer by sale, lease, or loan to that nation, in accordance with terms and conditions of a program approved by the President -

(1)

nonnuclear parts of atomic weapons provided that such nation has made substantial progress in the development of atomic weapons, and other nonnuclear parts of atomic weapons systems involving Restricted Data provided that such transfer will not contribute significantly to that nation's atomic weapon design, development, or fabrication capability; for the purpose of improving that nation's state of training and operational readiness;

(2)

utilization facilities for military applications; and

(3)

source, byproduct, or special nuclear material for research on, development of, production of, or use in utilization facilities for military applications; and

(4)

source, byproduct, or special nuclear material for research on, development of, or use in atomic weapons: Provided, however, That the transfer of such material to that nation is necessary to improve its atomic weapon design, development, or fabrication capability: And provided further, That such nation has made substantial progress in the development of atomic weapons,

whenever the President determines that the proposed cooperation and each proposed transfer arrangement for the nonnuclear parts of atomic weapons and atomic weapons systems, utilization facilities or source, byproduct, or special nuclear material will promote and will not constitute an unreasonable risk to the common defense and security, while such other nation is participating with the United States pursuant to an international arrangement by substantial and material contributions to the mutual defense and security: Provided, however, That the cooperation is undertaken pursuant to an agreement entered into in accordance with section 2153 of this title: And provided further, That if an agreement for cooperation arranged pursuant to this subsection provides for transfer of utilization facilities for military applications the Commission, or the Department of Defense with respect to cooperation it has been authorized to undertake, may authorize any person to transfer such utilization facilities for military applications in accordance with the terms and conditions of this subsection and of the agreement for cooperation

Thats it in a non-nutshell...and its not a secret. :D

We may as well have given them away for free under Clinton! He pretty much sat on his hands while the Chinese walked off with our technology.

Well..have to agree silent driller..but I believe it was happening long before Clinton.

At least theres a big difference between spying and getting the way to build one, versus our country deliberatly selling a complete weapon to anyone.

Thank God for small favors. :D

I remember we're not supposed to have nukes, and that that's why the US officially have 'm stored on their 'own' base in the Netherlands. It's more a fenced off part of a Dutch base, with US soldiers guarding it. Funny thing, the envirement freaks don't seem to know about that. They've been protesting against the AH-64 because it uses uranian shells, which it doesn't, but they never said anything about the nukes.
BTW what I said about the nukes is what I remember from a conversation with the (Dutch) second officer in command of that base. I'm not sure which base it was... maybe one of you guys knows?

Sorry 1217:

Even though its probaly common local knowledge that american nuclear weapons exist in their local area or city...its official US policy to neither confirm nor deny the presense of the weapons at all.

And Im surprised at you: Didnt your mom tell you about the great diplomatic victory that Queen Beatrix had when she and her fellow countrymen decided against ground launched cruise missles in the Netherlands, and made the US remove them?

By the way, I think she was the best Queen of the century. When I met her when she came to the US Base, She was a knock out, and yet so Smart. The netherlands got a good Queen When they got her.

:D

Mark Conley said:
Sorry 1217:

Even though its probaly common local knowledge that american nuclear weapons exist in their local area or city...its official US policy to neither confirm nor deny the presense of the weapons at all.

And Im surprised at you: Didnt your mom tell you about the great diplomatic victory that Queen Beatrix had when she and her fellow countrymen decided against ground launched cruise missles in the Netherlands, and made the US remove them?

By the way, I think she was the best Queen of the century. When I met her when she came to the US Base, She was a knock out, and yet so Smart. The netherlands got a good Queen When they got her.

I didn't say anything about ground launched cruise missiles. These are supposed to be dropped from a plane. Old fashioned, but it works. ;)

Thanks for the compliment about our queen. I met her two a couple of years ago, and I also think she's a nice and smart person. I wish I could convince those dumb :cen: :cen: that think we should become a republic, but now I'm way :eek:fftopic:
What do you mean with "When they got her"

What do you mean with "When they got her"

loL Just a bad choice of words. What I should have said was Queen Juliana was suceeded by a great daughter. The people of the Netherlands have a good leader and representation with Queen Beatrix.

Back