Parade Gloss

cpl_clarke

Parade Gloss? Good or Bad? Ive heard many stories of it actually being bad for your boots. If anyone can fill me in on this stuff that would be great. And one other question, Is there a special way to use Parade Gloss as apose to regular Kiwi Polish? Any help would be much appreciated.

Why use something that doesn't work as well as kiwi polish? just stick to the standard kiwi polish.

I have a can of Parade Gloss, but I've never used it. I use Kiwi since I know it works, and I can rely on it.

when i was a cdt. I was the SWO of my sqn and I used parade gloss on my boots, which I also stripped at least twice a month.
The best stuff is the one that comes from Kiwi, as it is still Kiwi brand and it works wonders for a quick shine. the bad thing is that you have to constantly strip your boots after every time you use it.
the one reccomendation for you is to use it sparingly. it does melt in hot weather, so be carful when you use it.
the best way to apply it, is to use just enough to make the cloth a light black. then fully rub it over the boot like you would if you using regular polish. then, you MUST!!! rub it in fully, so that when you look at your cloth after you are done, it should be a light grey. not black, but a light grey!!! after that, use a piece of old panty hose and GENTLY rub it over the area that you just polished.
Thaty is about it for Parade gloss, After you use it for a while, it just becomes second nature.

Thanks for the info on that. One other question i have i how do you PROPERLY strip your boots? Ive heard so many ways and im confused on which is the best. Ive heard of some people taking a lighter to their boots, ive heard of people simply scraping off the polish with a knife which is a bad idea because you might go to far and wreck the leather. So once again any help would be much appreciated.

Both those ways are garbage. Just simply wet your boot with hot water and take a toothbrush and scrub until the polish is off.

pte_clarke said:
Thanks for the info on that. One other question i have i how do you PROPERLY strip your boots? Ive heard so many ways and im confused on which is the best. Ive heard of some people taking a lighter to their boots, ive heard of people simply scraping off the polish with a knife which is a bad idea because you might go to far and wreck the leather. So once again any help would be much appreciated.

Alcohol and a cotton ball is what I use...works good...

thanks for the help. some of those ideas worked good. thanks for the help. anymore information would be nice just for the sake of knowing.

Cheers!
:sniper:

pte_clarke said:
Parade Gloss? Good or Bad? Ive heard many stories of it actually being bad for your boots. If anyone can fill me in on this stuff that would be great. And one other question, Is there a special way to use Parade Gloss as apose to regular Kiwi Polish? Any help would be much appreciated.

Use regular polish to fill in the pores and do the basic shining. Parade gloss should be used sparingly(maybe for a big inspection or some formal function).

I despise Parade gloss.
Most of the kids at basic used that.
Some of them even offered to do others boots with the gloss, for a cost.
It turns out, our grad parade was a fairly hot day, so... there were a couple of black puddles of gloss here and there after the parade.

Stick to the regular stuff, it actually takes some effort. I hate it when people get lazy, and try to find some other meens to making there boots shine.

SS

don't us the polish, looks good for a little while then it goes away. and it actually ruins the boot DON'T US IT. stick with teh kiwi, don't always try and take the easy way out.

ya i heard that if you use parade gloss alot and go into heat the polish will dry up and crack and make a big mess of your boot.

it will it creats a shell, and when in heat/cold for too long, the shell peals off and is pretty funny (if its not your boots lol. just don't try it

Back