Parade Gloss

When I last went out on parade, my OC used parade gloss on her boots and she ended up having to get rid of her boots and get new ones, it really sucked.
I have also had a bit of *bad* luck with my own boots, as for my sister's parade, I was a special guest and shew asked that I be able to march with the flight and I ended up gettting there a bit late so while I got ready I put parade gloss on my boots and when I went out, it all came off and it made like a puddle on the ground of the dias. it weas very embarrassing.

lol that does sound funny though, sucks that it had to have happen to you though. The parade gloss isn't really good for parades hahaha. Which I'm sure everyone will find out sooner or later.

Uhh..Has anyones that heard about KIWI honor guard shoe. It sound like it is very shine than Parade gloss.

I thought I'd explore this thread to see what everyone thinks about polishing with panty hose. They're great if you can get it right, but lucky me, I tried it and it stripped the polish off and dulled the boots. How do you? Buffing the boots, or like a normal polishing cloth in circles?

Thank God I don't use panty hose on my good shoes,but some of the cadets at school say its good to use on your shoes im like yeah right just dull the :cen: out of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
ARMY101 said:
I thought I'd explore this thread to see what everyone thinks about polishing with panty hose.

Nah, I mostly just wore fatigues or my skivvies when I polished my boots.

Personally, since I have to wear my leathers every day, Lincoln wax works extremely well, your shine may have the gray-like tint similar to parade gloss while indoors, but outside it could almost blind you, but maybe thats because I glass my shoes everyday...........

Parade Gloss is perfect when used sparingly on top of normal boot polish. I'll use it maybe every 4 times I polish my boots, and it works great for getting the perfect glass-like shine on the boots.

Just be careful - use too much and the polish will crack, as parade gloss is not near as strong as normal boot polish is.

ah so.. in conclusion.. parade gloss is good for units in cold places? lol..
everyone uses parade gloss kiwi one in my unit.. lol (our unit is one of the worse u can find.. I seen 3-4 year cadets put edge dressing on the shoes so they dont have to shine it...) -____-

don't us the polish, looks good for a little while then it goes away. and it actually ruins the boot DON'T US IT. stick with teh kiwi, don't always try and take the easy way out.

I dont know what its like in other countries but in the UK Parade Gloss is made by Kiwi.

Ive been using it for years, As a cadet and now as a regular soldier and have NEVER had any of the problems described here.

I have used it instead of normal polish and also with normal polish and they have always come up gleaming.

For a deeper shine use small amounts of either Dark Tan or Ox Blood:drunkb:

so the heat wont uhh melt the polish!

If you put a match to it, It will melt..... and burn lol

I don't know where you guys live, but out here in Southern California I have had my shoe polish "melt" after standing outdoors too long for inspections or ceremonies! It's really quite terrible, because this "crust" forms on your shoes that takes a while to polish out!

I don't know where you guys live, but out here in Southern California I have had my shoe polish "melt" after standing outdoors too long for inspections or ceremonies! It's really quite terrible, because this "crust" forms on your shoes that takes a while to polish out!

Same here when I was in NJROTC.

That's happened to me, but that's to be expected seeing we worked 18-20 hours in the sun over the course of two days (for my city's Air Show. National Blue Beret is a different story). But it took me maybe 5-6 minutes to polish it off both boots.

Back