Are you parachute qualified?

Freyja

Banned
How many here are Para-qualified? Either military or civilian.
I have the basic Danish military parachute wing. that´s to say I can only jump with static line. I hope to get on the free-fall course.

How many here are Para-qualified? Either military or civilian.
I have the basic Danish military parachute wing. that´s to say I can only jump with static line. I hope to get on the free-fall course.

Same here, but that was many years ago, when I was young and stupid...:lol:

I am told that free fall is so much fun, but I don't know if I really want to try it...

Its not the fall that I am afraid of, its the sudden stop, you see...

I wouldn't mind getting my jump wings, but in my job there's no need for them. Unless the RCAF starts having a need for Combat Controllers.

I went through airborne school several years ago, but unfortunately broke my ankle on my 3rd (of 5) qualifying jumps. I haven't since had another oppurtunity to go back and get those blasted wings since then.

I am hoping to gain a school slot back there when I go to the Captains Career course in the next 1 1/2 to 2 years.

Did sport skydiving in my wild and wacky youth.
Now way too smart, and way to heavy, for anything like that!
(Did a bit of gliding to.)

I heard jumping was like having sex with God.

I doubt the one that said that jumped with a 60kg pack...At night.

KJ sends..

If so, I would rather be a spiritual virgin for eternity. You couldn't pay me to jump from an airplane. I get light headed on open grated stairs going to the second floor...

You mean like a foursome?
We are talking about the holy trinity here, So basically you will be shagging the old man, junior and spooky.
:p :p :p Holy ****
It's ****ing funny. I´ve not laughed that much in long time.
You are completely bonkers 42RM.

Why Skydiving is better than sex...

1. You can have eight skydives a day and still want more.
2. Finding partners for skydiving is much easier - physical attraction is not as important.
3. Skydiving is much safer, no diseases and no kids.
4. Finding good partners is much easier - everyone knows in advance how good a skydiver you are.
5. It's socially acceptable to do 4-ways, 8-ways, 16-ways...
6. Everyone involved is usually satisfied or not with a skydive.
7. You can ask skydivers if they've put on weight without offending them.
8. You rarely get told by your partner(s) that they've had enough.
9. Solo skydiving is not embarrassing.
10. Everyone is ugly in freefall.

1sm281skydive.gif

:D :cool:

You mean like a foursome?
We are talking about the holy trinity here, So basically you will be shagging the old man, junior and spooky.

Well I didn´t, but your mind took it there in 0.1 second flat..Thinking abit more on it, ofcourse he´s got a QRF, he´s God after all...Hehehe

"I dont care how many skydives you have, until youve jumped from a C-130 moving at 120 knots, with 150lbs of equipment strapped to your body, into the pitch-black night at 800 feet, youre still a LEG!"

Not cool mixing skydiving with being a paratrooper.

Old ladies and sissies can sky dive.

A Paratrooper is a soldier who has volunteered to go anywhwere for any reason.
Many old Paratroopers are skydivers. Many have thousands of jumps.
I know a 78 year old still jumping.
This is a big deal to those of us who have bothered to give up a bit of our lives in service.

Back