Panavia Tornado IDS Low Apporoch Low flypast and Landing at Penzing Airbase

MUC-Spotter

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjSUj07s6jI"]Panavia Tornado IDS Luftwaffe 44+61 Low Apporoch Low flypast and Landing at Penzing Airbase - YouTube[/ame]

Hehe I recall looking at one in the Luftwaffe Museum and laughing wih one of the staff that some of their collections were more modern than our air force and had more fire power.

The South African Air Force still operate C47 Dakota albeit with turbo prop engines. They operated the Impala until the wings kept falling off.;)

What is grounding these pilots?

I am assuming they are failing some test.

A carder of them went to UK for training with the RAF, every single one failed, and NONE of them had the required IQ. The RAF sent them packing and told the SAAF never to send them such low standard candidates again.

Yet the SAAF let them fly aircraft

So just low recruitment standards, is that part of this racial quota thing that is stuffing up your rugby as well or did a couple of Zuma's mates want to be pilots?

So just low recruitment standards, is that part of this racial quota thing that is stuffing up your rugby as well or did a couple of Zuma's mates want to be pilots?

That hit the nail on the head, affirmative action at its best. The majority of white aircrew were passed over for promotion in favour of less qualified personnel time and time again, so they took the package and resigned. The same is happening in the Police.

One affirmative pilot taxi'd an Airbus into a dead end, instead of waiting for a tug he tried to do a three point turn (I kid you not) on reverse thrust, he put the aircraft down a steep slope. Unperturbed he used full forward thrust to try and climb the aircraft up the slope, dust and rocks sucked into the engines, the air frame stressed beyond its design parameters. Result one written off multi million dollar aircraft.

This is the sort of senior officers that blight the SAAF:-
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/nov/30/south-african-officer-pink-slippers

People are in charge of organisations that shouldn't be in charge of a dolls pram.

Back