Palin speech at party convention - Page 3




 
--
Boots
 
February 8th, 2010  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattler

Still worse, from our mainstream POV, would be what we call "Sippenhaft", a word introduced by the German Nazis, that meant that *all relatives* of a person would have to be held responsible and punished if the person in question failed in any respect, related to what you are stating above I find that abhorrent: Why does Mrs. Palin have to be judged as politician over her husband´s perceived failures? Do you really think this is a political argument?
Politics is more about perception than reality, perhaps it is believed that if you can not manage and bring up your own home in what are perceived as societal norms then you are not going to be able to pass on those ideals to a nation.

Lets be a little honest every family has its "loose cannon" but hers seems to be an artillery battery.
February 8th, 2010  
A Can of Man
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB

Lets be a little honest every family has its "loose cannon" but hers seems to be an artillery battery.
LMAO
February 8th, 2010  
mmarsh
 
 
Namvet

How long are you going to have to hear about Bush?

Well figuring that you are the one here promoting an exact carbon copy clone of Bush I think its fair to say: A VERY LONG TIME. It was people like you that voted him into officeTWICE. YOU voted for him, therefore YOU take the responsibility for the mess HE created. I just love it how the far-right takes a dump on America by elected one of the worst presidents in US history and then gets annoyed when someone dares question its wisdom after saddling us with one of the worst presidencies in US History. Stop whining and take some responsibility for your actions.

Healthcare?
You should ask your own party members where they stood on that one.

Epic Bail Outs?
Your drunk and smash your car into a brickwall. But rather than accept responsibility for the accident you instead choose instead to blame the mechanic because the repairs are very expensive. That's essentially the GOP line on the Obama economy.

Bottom Line? Palin supporters are like used car salesman, they keep trying to sell the same lemon twice. Sorry No sale.

And BTW, I am not a democrat but the the crap you are selling stinks to high heaven. I am not going to vote for another Bush clone, neither is anyone else, so find another candidate.
--
Boots
February 8th, 2010  
A Can of Man
 
 
Like I said, I generally support conservative governments. However, I don't support retards regardless of where their allegiances are.

You know it's funny. When protestors were out to demonstrate against Bush, the conservative folks were talking about how they were unpatriotic, how dare they treat the President like that, look at those mobs... blah blah blah and look at what the conservatives are doing now. The same damned thing. So it's unpatriotic if the left take to the streets and it's patriotic when the right take to the streets to express displeasure at the current administration?
Shoot... I don't even think the left were this quick to attack Bush upon inauguration.
February 8th, 2010  
namvet
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
Namvet

How long are you going to have to hear about Bush?

Well figuring that you are the one here promoting an exact carbon copy clone of Bush I think its fair to say: A VERY LONG TIME. It was people like you that voted him into officeTWICE. YOU voted for him, therefore YOU take the responsibility for the mess HE created. I just love it how the far-right takes a dump on America by elected one of the worst presidents in US history and then gets annoyed when someone dares question its wisdom after saddling us with one of the worst presidencies in US History. Stop whining and take some responsibility for your actions.

Healthcare?
You should ask your own party members where they stood on that one.

Epic Bail Outs?
Your drunk and smash your car into a brickwall. But rather than accept responsibility for the accident you instead choose instead to blame the mechanic because the repairs are very expensive. That's essentially the GOP line on the Obama economy.

Bottom Line? Palin supporters are like used car salesman, they keep trying to sell the same lemon twice. Sorry No sale.

And BTW, I am not a democrat but the the crap you are selling stinks to high heaven. I am not going to vote for another Bush clone, neither is anyone else, so find another candidate.
nor would i ever consider voting for another Osama clone. he's an experimental. just a prototype. they have to tighten the loose bolts and nuts in his head everyday. then shove him in front of a camera. look hard and you'll see the hand stickin' out the back of his head. no thanks. he's all yours.

healthcare??? Oregon has a model Osama version. don't get sick. but if you do they will help you with assisted suicide.

why did Mass vote an R into office???? they don't want to pay for Osama bloated deathcare.

Bush??? he had his faults but how many terror attack on his watch???? I don't count 9-11 that was Clintons fault. "its Bush's fault" is now falling on deaf ears as it fades away to its Osama fault.

and your worried about Palin. you have no responsibility here what so ever.



the devil made you do it
February 8th, 2010  
mmarsh
 
 
Well, there are conservatives and then there is the Looney Bin. Palin and her supporters represent the latter.

In truth I lean center-left, and I really hate groups like this because it forces me to go much further to the left than I would normally prepared to be. But given the choice of he liberals and the crazies, its going to be the liberals without hesitation.

I have issues with Obama and might consider an alternative should the right candidate come along. These people however are ideological and religious fanatics and represent everything I abhor. They are the absolute last thing our country needs, they make Obama look like Abraham Lincoln.

Namvet

First of all I'm an American living abroad and because the last president screwed up so badly I no longer have any faith in a certain political party to run things correctly. That very much makes Palin my responsibility. Things were working fine when I left the USA in 1998, then a Republican loon was put in charge...see the result. (Note: not all the Republicans are nuts, only the ones you keep nominating for president are). You might have noticed that even on a military website like this one which tilts heavily to the right. People are not exactly jumping on the Palin bandwagon, that in and of yourself ought to tell you something about her chances. If military folk aint going for vote for her, who is? Find yourself another candidate preferably one hat doesn't remind everyone about the last one. Say we allow Bush to run again vs Obama, who would win? First Consider that Bubonic plague is more popular than Bush these days.

Do you know why MA voted for Brown, because Massachusetts already has socialized health care. Like Vermont, Universal Health care is provided on the State level, therefore they didn't need a Federal Program. Thats why the healthcare debate didnt resonate there. Another thing, Brown isn't a social conservative, hes a social liberal. He's for gay marriage and hes pro-choice, once the fanatics realize this I wonder what the reaction will be. Third point, he isnt going to be senator for long, hes up for reelection in 2012. Hes a republican in a very liberal state, and by then he will be facing a Kennedy or other strong liberal not some weak career politican who didnt bother to actually campaign. By 2012 he will have a trackrecord, and if his record is that of a GOP sheep in a State like Massachusetts hes is going to lose BIG Time. So either hes going to have to be much more liberal than the fringe would like or he will lose in 2012.

Yeah its so hard to blame Bush when he was getting all those 9-11 CIA warnings like "al Qaeda determined to strike at US". Its not like anybody warned him that an attack was coming ahead of time no? Never mind the fact that Bush had already completed 25% of his first term when the attack came, so it wasn't as if he was just starting out. I do find it hilarious that a second ago you were complaining about people blaming Bush (who left office a year ago) and then you make a swipe at Bill Clinton (who hasn't been in office for almost a decade). Seems Hypocritical doesn't it?

As I stated, I am not worried about Palin at all. She's a joke, and even the GOP knows it. Come 2012 she's going to get thrown under the bus so fast she wont have time to even "wink". But by all means vote for her, I bet you case of beer that if she is the GOP or 3rd party nominee Obama wins reelection. Thats a promise. It Won't happen though because the GOP wont allow her to cost them the election a 2nd time in a row. Palins nomination to VP sealed my Obama vote.
February 8th, 2010  
namvet
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
Well, there are conservatives and then there is the Looney Bin. Palin and her supporters represent the latter.

In truth I lean center-left, and I really hate groups like this because it forces me to go much further to the left than I would normally prepared to be. But given the choice of he liberals and the crazies, its going to be the liberals without hesitation.

I have issues with Obama and might consider an alternative should the right candidate come along. These people however are ideological and religious fanatics and represent everything I abhor. They are the absolute last thing our country needs, they make Obama look like Abraham Lincoln.
wethepeople
February 8th, 2010  
mmarsh
 
 
Still trying to shift the blame of 8 years of Bush's failures to the first year of the Obama Administration. Still not buying it.

The only way you are going to make inroads with people like me is for your party to start accepting your obvious mistakes and making amends..not making excuses. I was alive and well during the Bush Administration so was everyone here, your attempts to try and rewrite history do not change the facts. We were not off-planet, we know what happened from 2001-2008.

I'd also like to hear some GOP ideas on solutions to problems, not just throwing barbs at Obama. We have 45 million citizens without Healthcare, how do you plan on covering them? How do you plan on regulating the Health insurence industry, how do you plan on making prescription drugs cheap? Need i ask? Fix the economy.

The stunned silence for answers to these questions is telling and is yet another reason i probably wont vote GOP. You are a party without ideas.
February 8th, 2010  
namvet
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
Still trying to shift the blame of 8 years of Bush's failures to the first year of the Obama Administration. Still not buying it.

The only way you are going to make inroads with people like me is for your party to start accepting your obvious mistakes and making amends..not making excuses. I was alive and well during the Bush Administration so was everyone here, your attempts to try and rewrite history do not change the facts. We were not off-planet, we know what happened from 2001-2008.

I'd also like to hear some GOP ideas on solutions to problems, not just throwing barbs at Obama. We have 45 million citizens without Healthcare, how do you plan on covering them? How do you plan on regulating the Health insurence industry, how do you plan on making prescription drugs cheap? Need i ask? Fix the economy.

The stunned silence for answers to these questions is telling and is yet another reason i probably wont vote GOP. You are a party without ideas.
Quote:
The only way you are going to make inroads with people like me is for your party to start accepting your obvious mistakes and making amends..not making excuses
im rewriting history. that's a laffer. what year is it??? who's in the white house. but of course. Bush. get a grip will ya
February 8th, 2010  
A Can of Man
 
 
You know what? Calling the President "Osama" and that stupid graphic of him morphing into a devil is just unacceptable.
What are you, five years old?

I think you've made it pretty clear you've come here to flame anyone who's not in bed with this far right movement.
 


Similar Topics
Sara Palin 2008 Republican National Convention speech
Code Pinker who attempted to interrupt Palin speech is a top Obama Financier
Convention ends with Satan and immigrants
China plans to invade US!
My new political party.