Palin Makes The Case for Someone Else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palin isn't on the Republican team for having brains or experience, she is there to capture the disgruntled female vote who may have gone for Hilary. Public impression is everything in politics, particularly right wing American politics. People vote for a face and personality not policies. I doubt if she has any considered view on Global warming or Creationism other than what is good for the party and by being sufficiently vague she will ensure that those that have been indoctrinated with the twin obsession of materialism and evangelical Christianity will vote for her on both issues.

Lets face it if Reagan or Bush can get voted in anything goes.

Last edited:
To this I pose the question, so what? Does the Democratic Presidential nominee have any more experience in foreign policy? Or global warming? All he was is one more drop in the bucket.

Who here can answer what the Bush doctrine is?
Who here can answer what the Clinton doctrine was?
This ought to be interesting.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080912/ap_on_el_pr/palin_interview

In this ABC interview, she flip-flopped on global warming, didn't know what the Bush Doctrine even was, and defended her international foreign relations experience by being close to Russia.

The mayor of Detriot (who is currently sitting in jail) is 500 feet from Windsor, Ontario. Does that make him qualified to be President?

I think she should have got a question like "How old is the Earth, Sarah?" Answer: 6000- 10000 years. That would have been easy for Sarah!

I feel sad for the USA. Very Sad! If ever you needed a great leader it is right now!

But no one here is standing for the possible Vice Presidency of the most powerful country on earth. I suppose it is not too much to expect of a person in this position, to at least know a little about past and present politics of the country they are intending to represent.

If I was running for Vice President I would need to know this but seeing as I'm not even running for class Vice President of my High School I really don't see it necessary at the present time.

When you want to be VP of the US you need to know the foreign policy of your pedecessors.

To this I pose the question, so what? Does the Democratic Presidential nominee have any more experience in foreign policy? Or global warming? All he was is one more drop in the bucket.

Actually he does

Hes on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and actually acknowledges the existence of Global Warming. That's two advantages.

Remember McCain is 73 and in bad health. I heard someone mention on TV that based on the past history of previous presidents McCain has a 1 in 3 of NOT surviving his FIRST TERM.

Now the question is do we want someone so close to the most important job in the world with experience and views that are frankly either extremely ignorant or extremely radical.

Most of you in the past complain about extremist liberals viewpoints. I agree, but this is the other extreme and its just as bad. That's what you all don't seem to get.

I don't like extremist on either end of the political extreme. That's why Palin worries me far more than McCain does.

Palin isn't on the Republican team for having brains or experience, she is there to capture the disgruntled female vote who may have gone for Hilary. Public impression is everything in politics, particularly right wing American politics. People vote for a face and personality not policies. I doubt if she has any considered view on Global warming or Creationism other than what is good for the party and by being sufficiently vague she will ensure that those that have been indoctrinated with the twin obsession of materialism and evangelical Christianity will vote for her on both issues.

Lets face it if Reagan or Bush can get voted in anything goes.

So public impression means nothing to Democrats?
So public impression means nothing to their candidate?
So Democrats do not vote for face and personality and not policies?
So no democrats, like Palin, are in no hurry to jump onto the bureaucratic bandwagon which currently acompanies the question of Global Warming?
So she has no interest in the Global Warming issue, even tho' she lives closer to it that most, and enjoys an 80% approval rating in that area.?
So no Democrats are committed christians?
So the Democrat candidate is not a committed christian?
So no Democrats are materialistic?
So the Democratic candidate is not materialistic?
So someone from a country who elected a package of old communists and trots feels competent to challenge Reagan and Bush - both American patriots , and giants compared to such as Blair, Brown, Prescott, Blunkett, Reid, and Clarke, who have sold us down the river by raising the red flag over their offices and prepared the way for the Sharia flag to be hoisted over Westminster by 2020?
How can those with such a voting record lecture and denigrate USA voters?

I will respect the decision of the American people , and welcome the man who gets their vote as the most powerful man in world with the most responsibility in the current climate. Whichever candidate that is.

IMHO, Americans should vote as Americans, in the American way, and for the America they know and love.

Last edited:
Actually he does

Hes on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and actually acknowledges the existence of Global Warming. That's two advantages.

Remember McCain is 73 and in bad health. I heard someone mention on TV that based on the past history of previous presidents McCain has a 1 in 3 of NOT surviving his FIRST TERM.

Now the question is do we want someone so close to the most important job in the world with experience and views that are frankly either extremely ignorant or extremely radical.

Most of you in the past complain about extremist liberals viewpoints. I agree, but this is the other extreme and its just as bad. That's what you all don't seem to get.

I don't like extremist on either end of the political extreme. That's why Palin worries me far more than McCain does.
But see, there's that whole word there... Committee. Aka a group. Aka not one persons decision. It's not two. It's one... Now I do acknowledge Global Warming. I just think no one has any right to criticize Palin's lack of executive experience when Barack Obama has no more.....

Exactly! It's like putting someone who's never been in war in the middle of Iraq. They've gone through the training, but you just don't know how they will respond to actual war... Ever seen Saving Private Ryan?

However, McCain has military leadership exp, including in a combat zone, being able to make proper decisions under that kind of pressure is clearly a positive sign for his decision making he would make as the Commander in Chief. None of the other have wartime leadership exp. No doubt in my mind who is more qualified. To argue it is just wishful thinking.

Palin has more Exec exp than either of the dems
Frank Stare, former mayor of Newark, Ohio, has more "Exec exp" than Palin. By that logic he should be president.
Exactly! It's like putting someone who's never been in war in the middle of Iraq. They've gone through the training, but you just don't know how they will respond to actual war... Ever seen Saving Private Ryan?
So instead let's use a person who has limited experience in the second least populous state in the US. That would be like putting someone who was a Highway Patrolman for 3 months in Iraq.

I'd rather have that than someone who we've never seen under ANY executive pressure at all.... You wouldn't?

And by the way, the Mayor of Newark, Ohio, isn't running for President OR Vice President.

However, McCain has military leadership exp, including in a combat zone, being able to make proper decisions under that kind of pressure is clearly a positive sign for his decision making he would make as the Commander in Chief. None of the other have wartime leadership exp. No doubt in my mind who is more qualified. To argue it is just wishful thinking.

Wrong, his leadership experience in the military came after his tour in Vietnam. And secondly he wasn't a squadron leader for very long. Furthermore the job as CnC is only PART of the job and not the most important; especially this election. Obama has much more experience in politics than Palin, and Biden has more than McCain does.

What Americans want is a leader out of the economic mess and that problem by far helps the Democrats. Economics is and has always been the worst issue for the GOP. McCain admits that hes not an economist.

When you get down to who knows how both the country and world works, BOTH democrats have more experience. McCain only has experience in defense and National Security thats it. A Palin will being a mayor for a town of 7000 doesn't count for much. Palin was governor of a state of less than 600K, for less than 2 years, Obama was a state senator of a state of 18 Million for 10 years.

There is simply no way you suggest that Palin has more experience, its laughable. BTW, not even the GOP states this.

A person who has been in DC 4 years on the Senate Foreign relations commitee for exceeds the Mayor of Wasilla.

Last edited:
No it doesn't. Barack Obama didn't influence ONE vote either way. Barack Obama never made "the call" he voted. Along with numerous other people. Are you suggesting that anyone who's been a senator can be the President?! That's ridiculous. There is a HUGE difference between being a part of something bigger and being the only one to choose what to do. No matter what the population of the city or state. Quite honestly, it's laughable that you think senatorial experience is good enough. The GOP doesn't state this because they don't think it does anything for the election.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back