Palin enters debate over Ground Zero Mosque

Democrats now divided over Mosque controversy.
Also apparently the St. Nickolas Greek Orthodox Church, right across the street from Ground Zero, isn't being allowed to rebuild after the attack. The Media isn't saying much on this subject.

holding onto HOPE again

After reading these comments, I'm reminded of our freedoms which my son will be fighting for soon.
On the other hand, my sensitive side is asking "if they're aware of the pain this would cause to the many families, not to mention families who have sons, daughters, aunts, uncles... you name it, still fighting for our freedoms after what happened on that horrible day. Would not a compassionate person realize this is way more important than where this building should be? Could they simply not know the pain it would cause to some? I consider these things and HOPE that these are good initentions. Yet, hope is a big word and used quite often lately in my posts.
I can't give it up. I have to see the good in others, or try my best.

I don't know how I would feel if I had actually seen the buildings being hit, or falling, yet I empathize with those who lost family, especially ones still living there and would HOPE that if this is approved they'll be able to walk past with heads held high and hold on to strength. Certainly HOPE that it doesn't hurt someone so much to the point of losing HOPE in the good in others. HOPEfully they can look past this and see what we all are HOPING; that this is done with the best intentions, and not to cause pain. I'm leaning toward not approving because, I feel it wouldn't be worth the pain it will cause so many.
I have no idea what it must have been like to be there that day to see the evil being done and the unimaginable pain it caused; and still is to this day. We are still at war, and I was shocked to read about this. Yet, this is America. Land of the free, which we fight for.
We Rise Above and build again. That's what we do.
God bless all of you and hope you find peace with whatever decision is made.

Last edited:
Doesn't the Church have enough money to do that?
It says they are free to rebuild on the present site if they use thier own money, but can get govt money to build bigger elsewhere. Why is govt money available if they build elsewhere, but not on the prtesent site? Does the Port Authority want the property & this is incentive/bribe to move?

People really need to use their own money for these things instead of trying to draw on the country's money which is already stretched thin beyond imagination.

I understand the sensitivity of the whole situation and I think that it is slightly insensitive to build a mosque so close to such a tragedy - that said - why not? For me 11 Sep was an horrific day, I think it was a day that America truly lost its virginity to world terrorism and it was horrible.

A mosque could be used to heal some wounds and misconceptions and help the healing process, but at the same time the sponsors mus've realised the contraversy that they would create.

On the whole my gut reaction is to say no, not at this moment, but the political and diplomatic ramifications will echo around the world - this is 11 Sep mark 2.

If they say no, then the US is anti Islamic - how's that going to go down in the villages and towns in the Islamic world, that'll gain allies on the fight against Islamic extremism.

If they say yes, then the govt of the day will be pilloried by a lot of the American public for their "insensitivty:.

A great tactic by whoever thought it up to put the US in the hot seat - yet again.

technicality its legal for them to build it right? i mean even the mayor said it was ok.
Yes. however it seems that Moslems have a long history of building Mosques on or near sites of victorys. This is what makes it a political thing. Allegedly the developers were calling this place The Cordoba Project, an apparent refrence to Cordoba Spain. There the Moslems converted the Catholic Church into the world's 3rd largest Mosque in celebration of taking the city.

I wonder what would be said if a bunch of Christian martyrs blew up a building in the middle east killing thousands of people and then came along afterwards and wanted to build a Christian church on the site, do you think that they would allow such a thing.

People really need to use their own money for these things instead of trying to draw on the country's money which is already stretched thin beyond imagination.

Bravo....I think it was all in the plan, to get the government involved that way they'd run with the cost ;) lol...I totally agree with you on this one trece...

rant? or just commentary? seen a few others of his.
Really? You need to ask? Or are you just trying to provoke? It's OBVIOUSLY a rant.

Anyone who could honestly logically comment on the mosque that isn't would see that it is perfectly legal, no matter what the moral ramifications of it are.

While it may not be ethically right, it is certainly within all the laws.

Yes. however it seems that Moslems have a long history of building Mosques on or near sites of victorys. This is what makes it a political thing. Allegedly the developers were calling this place The Cordoba Project, an apparent refrence to Cordoba Spain. There the Moslems converted the Catholic Church into the world's 3rd largest Mosque in celebration of taking the city.

This is so - it is a question of dominance. For Cordoba, you can read Jerusalem. What is more, once established, a mosque cannot be removed.

I'm not an idiot and I don't have any sort of memory loss disease, so no, I haven't forgotten 9/11. But can you honestly tell me that we have not done more damage to them than they have to us? Sure, terrorists are desperate, but I can assure you that their infrastructure is more damaged than ours is. Note how we've moved on past 9/11.

This is so - it is a question of dominance. For Cordoba, you can read Jerusalem. What is more, once established, a mosque cannot be removed.
Domination, that's the thing. Expansion & world domination. Oil money is being used to expand thier area of domination. Amazing how people act like the Crusaders were trying to take land that was always Moslem, when the Moslems took it by force from the Christians in the 1st place.

I wonder what would be said if a bunch of Christian martyrs blew up a building in the middle east killing thousands of people and then came along afterwards and wanted to build a Christian church on the site, do you think that they would allow such a thing.
No they would not but, that is their values, not ours. They do not have as part of their constitution specific laws that separate religion from government function. Very few Muslim countries have a secular government, instead they believe that government serves the people best by being a theocracy. The USA does have Constitutional laws which prohibit the government from acting with religion... which governs our actions.
Is what the group of Muslim illegal NO, is doing this insensative.... hell yes!
Besides, there is already a mosgue on that block that has been there for over forty years.

can you honestly tell me that we have not done more damage to them than they have to us? Sure, terrorists are desperate, but I can assure you that their infrastructure is more damaged than ours is. Note how we've moved on past 9/11.
I wonder why when some organizations such as the KKK, IRA, etc. does something horrible we don't why we don't refer to them as christian terrorist? They proclaim to be Christian but, we willing accept that they are a "nut fringe" and do not represent Christanity as a whole. When the same nut fringe does something and they profess to be Muslim, we have little trouble judging the entire religion for the actions of a few. Has anyone noticed these nuts appear to be mostly Arabic countries. That countries such as Guyana, Suriname (in South America), Indonesia, Malaysia (many countries in southeast) have not plagued the world with violence.
A quote from another NUT;
The British, the Americans, the Catholics and, the Jews are ruining the world, we take these 'policies' to protect Christianity!! -Adolf Hitler

Back