Palin the Big Spender

Pfffff..... I love reading this stuff :) And I am so happy I live where I live. You know, we even have political rallies where content does matter. Why do they do nothing else but to slander eachother? I reckon this is the naive little boy in me ;)

Pfffff..... I love reading this stuff :) And I am so happy I live where I live. You know, we even have political rallies where content does matter. Why do they do nothing else but to slander eachother? I reckon this is the naive little boy in me ;)
It's the American way; Don't vote for me because I'm good, vote for me because I'm not him.

We've discovered it's easier to slander opponents than actually be good ourselves. Then, when you stink, you can say "Well I didn't promise you anything."

I have to say it's very unfortunate it's gone to this sort of thing.
In the end all it does is make them ALL look like poor choices. Heck maybe they are. Who knows. But why hasn't anyone in any of the camps said, "Listen up, let's try being constructive."
I guess it's because the tearing apart and mud slinging works.

Actually, John McCain has reached across party lines more than one time... Hell, one of his keynote speakers was a Democrat...

TOG. Why don't you just move out of the United States? It seems like you're desperately unhappy here with our politics and our government, so just go somewhere else where the government is chosen for you...I hear China hasn't changed governments in a couple of years.

I love how you talk about slandering like it's a disgusting thing, but you're the one posting it.... Hypocrisy much?

It's not all about slander Ted, that's just what's seen in the media a lot. When it gets time for the debates and speeches, you'll see the candidates views on the issues.

By the way... I wasn't aware that a youth shelter was considered wasteful spending... How stupid of me.

No Rob... TOG does not hate the United States. I am sure he loves his country but just wants it to be run differently.

By the way... I wasn't aware that a youth shelter was considered wasteful spending... How stupid of me.

Did you actually read the article?

"Then there was the $15 million rail project, intended to connect Wasilla with the town of Girdwood, where Stevens has a house."

That would be wasteful.

Here is some perspective for you Rob, off the second page of that article.
"In fiscal year 2002, Wasilla took in $6.1 million in earmarks -- about $1,000 in federal money for every resident. By contrast, Boise, Idaho -- which has more than 190,000 residents -- received $6.9 million in earmarks in fiscal 2008."

That is irresponsible. Wasilla has 3% of the population of Boise, but got 88% of the funding it did? That is completely irresponsible fiscally.

I did. And the first earmark was 500,000 dollars on a youth shelter. I wonder what the transportation hub was. And guys... Cmon, sewage repairs? That's not wasteful spending. And right above your citing was "Soon after, the city benefited from additional earmarks: $500,000 for a mental health center, $500,000 for the purchase of federal land and $450,000 to rehabilitate an agricultural processing facility." Metal health centers are wasteful? An agricultural processing facility? That's almost 3 million of it right there.

I did. And the first earmark was 500,000 dollars on a youth shelter. I wonder what the transportation hub was. And guys... Cmon, sewage repairs? That's not wasteful spending. And right above your citing was "Soon after, the city benefited from additional earmarks: $500,000 for a mental health center, $500,000 for the purchase of federal land and $450,000 to rehabilitate an agricultural processing facility." Metal health centers are wasteful? An agricultural processing facility? That's almost 3 million of it right there.

What about: "Then there was the $15 million rail project, intended to connect Wasilla with the town of Girdwood, where Stevens has a house."

And what do you think of the comparison between the annual earmarks for Boise and Wasilla? Obviously there is a discrepancy there that is fiscally irresponsible.

Obviously there is, but I'm just trying to point out that a lot of it is NOT wasteful. There's a difference between wasteful spending and fiscal irresponsibility.

Obviously there is, but I'm just trying to point out that a lot of it is NOT wasteful. There's a difference between wasteful spending and fiscal irresponsibility.

3 Million out of a total of 26.9 million dollars is not a lot at all. I do agree that the 3 million was for good causes. But lets look at it. 3 million dollars over 4 years is 750000 dollars a year. With those numbers, Wasilla would have had 19% of the budget of Boise, which is possibly fine depending on the amount of upkeep they were behind on. 88% though? That is fiscally irresponsible.

I dare not compare the United States' budget to the rest of the world, but no one in the country has much room to talk about fiscal responsibility...

I dare not compare the United States' budget to the rest of the world, but no one in the country has much room to talk about fiscal responsibility...

True enough. But this fact is coming after Palin said how against earmarks she was. Obviously, she was not all that much against earmarks.

Obvious Hypocrisy.

Back