Palestinians: Aggressors, Not Victims

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1ovdA1VZ-c"]Jew Settlers Stoning Palestine Christian Children walking to school - YouTube[/ame]

I understand you want to be reasonable, Monty B... I do too. I understand both sides of this conflict did bad things. But, throwing stones at children...

It makes me really mad especially because I come from a very anti-Semitic society myself, originally, Russia. Over there, if you go out wearing a yarmulke, you can get beat up. in some parts of the country, you may even be killed. If anybody should know about racism and discrimination and mistreatment and hatred and violence, it's the Jews, they have been victims of it for so long in many different countries. So, why do they now choose to practice it themselves?

Last edited:
It comes back to rather obvious analogies like, "Did the fact that Hitler achieved almost 100% employment make him one of the good guys"?... No it didn't, not even vaguely.

No but not every German was Hitler either.

I understand you want to be reasonable, Monty B... I do too. I understand both sides of this conflict did bad things. But, throwing stones at children...

It makes me really mad especially because I come from a very anti-Semitic society myself, originally, Russia. Over there, if you go out wearing a yarmulke, you can get beat up. in some parts of the country, you may even be killed. If anybody should know about racism and discrimination and mistreatment and hatred and violence, it's the Jews, they have been victims of it for so long in many different countries. So, why do they now choose to practice it themselves?

I rarely try to be reasonable on this matter I am just offering a defense in the role of devils advocate as Spike pointed out earlier.

One thing I would also suggest is that it is wrong to confuse a dislike for Israel's policies with antisemitism as the two are not the same unless you believe Israel represents all of Judaism and I am pretty certain it doesn't.

I will say that I am in line with MontyB

If you are prejudiced it is difficult to be objective. One has to accept that one's opponent sometimes has the right to do what they do. Outright violence is never justified, but your opponent also has the right to defend themselves. Within the walled boundaries of the law - of course.

No but not every German was Hitler either.
I did say quite clearly, "One of the good guys" not all of them. Implying that, an individual having helped a little old lady across the road does not excuse the him, should that helper be found to run a child slavery ring. This ideal works for individuals and Nations alike.

Of course there are less guilty Israelis, even totally ignorant Israelis, but overall, the nation of Israel is just "toxic", there's no other word for it.

I will say that I am in line with MontyB

If you are prejudiced it is difficult to be objective. One has to accept that one's opponent sometimes has the right to do what they do. Outright violence is never justified, but your opponent also has the right to defend themselves. Within the walled boundaries of the law - of course.

Prejudice is merely the combination of one's experience and knowledge, everyone is prejudiced just to a greater or lesser degree depending on their experience. Most people are prejudiced against mass murderers and child molesters, but that in no way can be construed as a bad thing. Yes I know, their mothers may love them, but that really doesn't come into the equation.

As I have said here a number of times, over the last 20-25 years my opinion of Israel has done a 180degree turn about, and that was as a result of my objectivity, definitely not my prejudices.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry about the breaks, I've been interrupted twice, The neighbour's chimney was (is) alight
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:
Prejudice is merely the combination of one's experience and knowledge, everyone is prejudiced just to a greater or lesser degree depending on their experience. Most people are prejudiced against mass murderers and child molesters, but that in no way can be construed as a bad thing. Yes I know, their mothers may love them, but that really doesn't come into the equation.

True however the fact that most people are prejudiced against criminals does not make all criminals the same, my desire to punish mass murderers and child molesters is no where near the same as it is to punish jay walkers and speeders crimes of which most of us are guilty of.

In this case no matter what you think of the Israeli occupation there is still the possibility that the person being arrested may have actually deserved it and there is nothing in the video provided to tell us what the real story was.

I am not arguing anything here but the information that was in that one video separate from every other video that has been posted.

Let me put it this way then.

There is not a single justifiable, legal or moral reason why Israel should occupy any part of Palestine,... therefore everything they do there is illegal by default.

Illegally occupying the land of another in direct contravention of a dozen or more International Laws, against the wish of it's people is about as bad as it gets especially when we see how it has been achieved and the practices used to maintain it.

No, I'm not going to go soft on them, and if it were your country I don't think that you would either. It's just too easy to for people to look the other way because it does not directly affect them.

Last edited:
Let me put it this way then.

There is not a single justifiable, legal or moral reason why Israel should occupy any part of Palestine,... therefore everything they do there is illegal by default.

Illegally occupying the land of another in direct contravention of a dozen or more International Laws, against the wish of it's people is about as bad as it gets especially when we see how it has been achieved and the practices used to maintain it.

No, I'm not going to go soft on them, and if it were your country I don't think that you would either. It's just too easy to for people to look the other way because it does not directly affect them.

True but they do occupy Palestine and as such are responsible for its security therefore they must police it.

Just to back that up...The occupying power has the duty to restore and maintain public order and safety in the territories controlled by its forces, in accordance with Article 43 of the Hague Regulations.

In order to carry out this duty, the occupying power is entitled to "take such measures of control and security in regard to protected persons as may be necessary as a result of the war", in the language of Article 27 of the Fourth Geneva Convention. Such measures may include the use of force. However any use of force in circumstances outside combat, whether by soldiers or police officers, must be consistent with international law enforcement standards, including the 1979 UN Code of Conduct for Law Enforcement Officials (Code of Conduct) and the 1990 UN Basic Principles on the Use of Force and Firearms by Law Enforcement Officials (Basic Principles).

Article 3 of the Code of Conduct reflects the principles of necessity and proportionality: law enforcement officials "may use force only when strictly necessary and to the extent required for the performance of their duty." The Commentary to this article specifies that the use of firearms is an extreme measure:

" Every effort should be made to exclude the use of firearms, especially against children. In general, firearms should not be used except when a suspected offender offers armed resistance or otherwise jeopardizes the lives of others and less extreme measures are not sufficient to restrain or apprehend the suspected offender. In every instance in which a firearm is discharged, a report should be made promptly to the competent authorities."

According to the Basic Principles, law enforcement officials faced by disorders, including violent assemblies,

"shall not use firearms against persons except in self-defence or defence of others against the imminent threat of death or serious injury, to prevent the perpetration of a particularly serious crime involving grave threat to life, to arrest a person presenting such a danger and resisting their authority, or to prevent his or her escape, and only when less extreme means are insufficient to achieve these objectives. In any event, intentional lethal use of firearms may only be made when strictly unavoidable in order to protect life."

Last edited:
If you are there illegally you may have obligations, (all of which the Israelis flout anyway), but as far as I'm concerned, you have no legal "Rights".

It's like so much of the PC Bullsh!t, where an armed intruder falls down the stairs in your house can sue you for his injuries and trauma etc.

Last edited:
MontyB, I am sorry, but in Canada, no riot police would come after unarmed people with M-16th, or whatever was it those soldiers were carrying.

Hell, we had riots here in Vancouver not all that long ago, the Stanley Cup Riot
riot2.jpg

115192-vancouver-riots.jpg

None of the cops were toting submachine guns
IMG_9743a.jpg

Televising-Stanley-Cup-riot-trials-a-stunt-critics-say.jpg

2baa3eef73bcf679e849a3e5c5d4ff9d.jpg
riot-mason17nw1.jpg
canucks_riotcops_0.jpg
1307807361582_ORIGINAL.jpg

And I know some of the guys who were out there that night, on the front lines. My neighbour is in our local RCMP detachment, he and some of the other cops from here (Richmond), along with more from the suburbs, Mounties and Delta PD, were sent Downtown to help VPD restore order. None of those good men (and some women) threatened people with assault rifles to get their way. They used mostly good old truncheons
110616pov04.jpg
110615-VAN917.jpg

and dogs
riot15.jpg

hehe

One guy, I saw, in the photos, that had what looks like a rifle
01-vancouver_riots_cop.jpg

That's in the photos. Haven't seen any cops carrying those on the streets back then myself (I was there when it went down, I was working a as security guard in the mall on West Georgia street where most of the riot happened lol I always am in the ****ing right place in right time lmao).

Don't compare the incomparable, Canada is not Israel. Thank God.

Last edited:
You may want to look a bit closer as there is more than one armed policeman in those pictures.

I think it is also worth pointing out that the Canadian police force are not an occupation force in Canada and therefore the populace is by and large not fighting them on a daily basis.

If you are there illegally you may have obligations, (all of which the Israelis flout anyway), but as far as I'm concerned, you have no legal "Rights".

It's like so much of the PC Bullsh!t, where an armed intruder falls down the stairs in your house can sue you for his injuries and trauma etc.

Well I hope I am at least putting up a better defence than the usual crowd. :)

It is far easier to defend an action than it is to deny the action ever took place.

Last edited:
Well I hope I am at least putting up a better defence than the usual crowd. :)

It is far easier to defend an action than it is to deny the action ever took place.
I'm not trying to detract from your rather spirited defence Monty, but really you haven't got much in the way of competition.

I find it unusual the way both VD and D.J. both collapsed in a heap and just "shot through". I at least expected VD to make up some other excuse. Perhaps he realised he's just been lying all along too?

The merry go round driver had no option as no one would even answer his drivel.

I'm not trying to detract from your rather spirited defence Monty, but really you haven't got much in the way of competition.

I find it unusual the way both VD and D.J. both collapsed in a heap and just "shot through". I at least expected VD to make up some other excuse. Perhaps he realised he's just been lying all along too?

The merry go round driver had no option as no one would even answer his drivel.

Well I have tried to explain to VD in particular that his strategy was wrong on numerous occasions but it seems he preferred to stick to the script rather than show initiative and all that has got us is 50 pages of unrelated gibberish.

For probably 12 months now, I have been sick of having to reiterate every point over and over again with every new Hasbara Troll that comes along. I wish they could just read the preceding comments and realise that they don't have anything new.

Nevertheless I see the problem is too important to just ignore, as I have seen other sites where one or two of them get together and they appear to breed on one another's ignorance, and before you know it, there is a dozen of them there, all massaging one another's egos.

For probably 12 months now, I have been sick of having to reiterate every point over and over again with every new Hasbara Troll that comes along. I wish they could just read the preceding comments and realise that they don't have anything new.

Nevertheless I see the problem is too important to just ignore, as I have seen other sites where one or two of them get together and they appear to breed on one another's ignorance, and before you know it, there is a dozen of them there, all massaging one another's egos.

Well to a large degree I thought DJ had the potential to put up a coherent fight but he gave up the ghost fairly early in the process perhaps he was smart enough to understand that it was a battle going nowhere.

However I think your argument has its flaws as well, the emphasis on Israels legitimacy has over shadowed the plight of the individuals there.

In the end I really don't think there is an end to this conflict without some form of catastrophic event as the Palestinians are not going to give up and they are not going to leave and I do not believe Israel genuinely wants a two state solution validated by the fact that it continues to settle occupied land therefore there are only two possible outcomes both of which create a humanitarian problem the only question is for whom.

I have no idea where it's going to end up, as whatever happens i think the Palestinians are going to get "roostered" by the International community.

There is no doubt that Israel lacks any form of legitimacy, and I'm sure you know why that is. They are just playing the same game as children do, they steal something and hope that they can steal enough and hold enough people to ransom for long enough, that they can come out of it with "something" that they were never entitled to in the first place.

There is no way I will ever give up my beliefs on this matter, as every time Israel or it's proxy agents claim ownership or commit another crime they just further convince me that I'm right. They have lied, tortured, beaten, murdered and disenfranchised the legitimate owners just so they could put their head in the fire, there's no way that I'm either going to sympathise or agree that their willingness to do this, makes them any more legitimate.

To be brutally honest, if the Palestinians can't get everything they are entitled to. I'd rather see their major cities turned into a green glass desert and we start again. For as so long as that is the case we will have Global Islamic extremism. It's just costing the free world far too much.

Last edited:
Well there is still years of fighting to go as I doubt we will see a solution in our life time and in that time the fortunes of war invariably change.

Back