Pakistan will be a failed state by 2015: CIA

Sexybeast wrote:

and where is ur source to say 51% of china's something is like western investment??

www.agbioforum.org/v2n1/v2n1a09-pray.htm

Please see Page 4 paragraph 5.

china has no democracy, it is true, however, india's cast system is also disturbing...u know how many ppl being regarded as beasts and untouchble just because their mom are higher cast than their dads......
can democracy solve that problem?

Indeed democracy has solved the problem.

As you are so conversant with India, I am sure you are aware of the Affirmative actions (we call it resrved quota) that are in vogue as also the number of Chief Ministers and Minister who you call lower caste.

It is because of democracy that we have a Moslem President, A Sikh Prime Minister, A sikh Chief of the Army Staff, a Sikh in the Planning Commission, a lower caste as per you Finance Minsiter and I am sure since you know all about India, it would be futile to recount the obvious to you.

But the example you have given of the caste system is ratrher new to me even though I am from India. Maybe since the caste system is not so prevalent, I am not made aware of this unique phenomenon that you write about.

I marvel at you deep knowledge of India. So deep that even I don't know about it and I dare say otehr Indian on this forum or Board.

i bet u never been to china before,
now i tell u , as i have been living in china for 13 years, u can go anywhere, visit anyone, migrate to anyplace as u want since 1990s...

I haven't visited China. But notwithstanding your ideas about the education standards in India, I presume I am not counted in the illiterate tally of yours. I do read English and I do read about China too.

I will confess that most of my information is from US publications. Therefore, these publication must be purveying wrong ideas about China. I presume you would term it, in true Communist (since you were there 13 years) sloganeering, as 'Dollar Imperialism'. Alas, I would not subscribe to that view.

I find that you are from Canada and you state you were in China. Therefore, I surmise that you are a Chinese Canadian.

What does intrigue me is the fact that when China was bumbling along, you hung around in China and then when it started to become a Zam Zam or a land of milk and honey (if one goes by your and some other posts) you quit China to come to Canada which since you don't seem to be euphoric in your posts about, I presume is no patch on the greatness of China.

Odd isn't it that one leave greatness and embraces mediocrity? Or is it the other way around?

Well you know the Father of thier nuclear program has been accused of selling the plans to different nations, so maybe they aren't to far off.

Peter Pan said:
Sexybeast wrote:

and where is ur source to say 51% of china's something is like western investment??

china has no democracy, it is true, however, india's cast system is also disturbing...u know how many ppl being regarded as beasts and untouchble just because their mom are higher cast than their dads......

As you are so conversant with India, I am sure you are aware of the Affirmative actions (we call it resrved quota) that are in vogue as also the number of Chief Ministers and Minister who you call lower caste.

It is because of democracy that we have a Moslem President, A Sikh Prime Minister, A sikh Chief of the Army Staff, a Sikh in the Planning Commission, a lower caste as per you Finance Minsiter and I am sure since you know all about India, it would be futile to recount the obvious to you.

But the example you have given of the caste system is ratrher new to me even though I am from India. Maybe since the caste system is not so prevalent, I am not made aware of this unique phenomenon that you write about.

I marvel at you deep knowledge of India. So deep that even I don't know about it and I dare say otehr Indian on this forum or Board.

now i tell u , as i have been living in china for 13 years, u can go anywhere, visit anyone, migrate to anyplace as u want since 1990s...

I haven't visited China. But notwithstanding your ideas about the education standards in India, I presume I am not counted in the illiterate tally of yours. I do read English and I do read about China too.

I will confess that most of my information is from US publications. Therefore, these publication must be purveying wrong ideas about China. I presume you would term it, in true Communist (since you were there 13 years) sloganeering, as 'Dollar Imperialism'. Alas, I would not subscribe to that view.

I find that you are from Canada and you state you were in China. Therefore, I surmise that you are a Chinese Canadian.

What does intrigue me is the fact that when China was bumbling along, you hung around in China and then when it started to become a Zam Zam or a land of milk and honey (if one goes by your and some other posts) you quit China to come to Canada which since you don't seem to be euphoric in your posts about, I presume is no patch on the greatness of China.

Odd isn't it that one leave greatness and embraces mediocrity? Or is it the other way around?

sorry dude, that article dated 1997-1999,
this is 2005 now......keep up with time man

and i hope u read information about china after 1990s, not just 1960s something k?

the news about Cast system is found on Vancouver Sun newspaper, and i am jsut looking at india in a way u r looking at china, -----never been to there, just look from papers...just like blind ppl touching elephant, thinking it is a stool or a wall something

Peter Pan said:
Sexybeast wrote:

well if u say so, india isnt great either, look at how many indian actually migrate to the western countries but never come back to india due to the state india is? chinese educated overseas or when they make enough money, they come back to china to live.

in fact, alot of indians actually born in the west dun claim they are indian at all, in fact i have been an exchange student to UK, not to mention i am in US, when i meet indians who are born there, they just say their are british or american. but then i have to ask about their origin then they will say they are born here therefore british. do u see india town anywhere?

china is actually slowly turning democratic, u cant deny that, in 30 years ago u cant even go anywhere and business are state owned, now u can own ur own property etc...

around 30% of Indian male cannot read newspaper and 50% of female cannot read. that means around 40% of Indians cannot read. See
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/ch.html
less than 16% of Chinese cannot read (most of are old person and they missed the education opportunity in the old time). See
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/in.html

GDP in 2003
China 1409.852 billion US$
India 598.966 billion US$
See link: http://www.worldbank.org/data/databytopic/GDP.pdf
If based on purchase power (PPP)
China: 6435.838 billion US$
India: 3096.239 Billion US$
see link: http://www.worldbank.org/data/databytopic/GDP_PPP.pdf

Even Indians claim India is a democratic country. But its corruption is worse than China. China government is treating the corruption issue very seriously in recent years. see
http://www.globalcorruptionreport.org/down...nd_research.pdf
Another research report said India's corruption is much worse than China too: http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/topstorie...,238369,00.html
Do you believe Democracy works in India?

These two articles were written by the same foreign visitor (sounds like a biz man) after he visited both India and China in the same year (2000).
His view about India: http://berclo.net/page00/00en-impressions-india.html
His impression about China: http://berclo.net/page00/00en-impressions-china.html
He also described so-called Indian democracy in this article: http://berclo.net/page00/00en-india-1.html
"India is said to be the world's largest democracy. There is no dispute about its size, one billion is large, but I don't think that a country whose major priorities in the last 50 years have favored a small minority at the expense of the majority can be called "a democracy". "

so u believe india's infrastructure is as gd or better than china, ok:

Less than 28 million tons of iron and steel was used in 2003 in India (An important index of infrastructure construction. This is the total India produced in 2003, and India is a net iron & steel exporter)(This is even less than what China produced in 1978 when China began its reform)
China produced around 225 million tons of iron and steel and imported other 35 million tons in 2003 for the construction. China used more iron and steel than Us and Japs combined.
See: http://www.worldsteel.org/media/wsif/wsif2003.pdf
It was reported that China's iron and steel production reached 300 million tons in 2004.

enough said? if u dun, then make a new thread, and i can post even more to convince u, china at the moment is more successful as a country than india in every field. its not relevant here. everyone know the answer except u, perhaps u should make a new thread cos is not relevant here. dun always try to flame up things. go and make a compare thread.

SwordFish_13 said:
HI,

political turmoil, well, its always going to be a problem, but that also applies to india too. tho india would gained the upper hand due to the fact terrorists are mostly in pakistan.

By Political Turmoil it means Like today in 50 years of Independnce pakistan has had 4 MIllitary takeovers ............ these things will continus and will hamper teh Growth . ............... India has Always been Democratic if i remember Correctly ;) :D .

economy, well pakistan's economy is not doing very well, but compaing with india, it has slightly higher GDP tho. not trying to flame up india vs pakistan, but if the economy is not coping well then pakistan's GDP wouldnt be higher at the moment.

:shock: :? emmm what ,

Rank Order - GDP

1.European Union $ 11,050,000,000,000

2.United States $ 10,990,000,000,000

3.China $ 6,449,000,000,000

4.Japan $ 3,582,000,000,000

5.India $ 3,033,000,000,000

6.Germany $ 2,271,000,000,000

7.United Kingdom $ 1,666,000,000,000

~~~~~~

28 Pakistan $ 318,000,000,000
Source

Pakistan is 28 th in the rank what are you talking about ?

Peace
-=SF_13=-

sorry yea, u r right, somehow i have read some very unrealiable source from some unknown website then.

i agree with u on about the military take over, but the point is, there is alot of resistance groups formed in india too, correct me if i am wrong.

but i agree pakistan is not in a gd state. but i dun think pakistan would be a failed state since it has already gone through the biggest hardship, war with india. in fact i think the US would help pakistan to clear the terrorist out in the future, cos u know US is getting too keen in that. US is just doing it one by one.

not to mention, US tend to have a habit of finding excuse to build a base for its own gd. so entering pakistan seems to be very likely.

man these two chinese are eating my brains out , what do you wanna hear ? CHINA IS GREAT , CHINA IS A SUPERPOWER , now please Sh.. up kids and stop crying and don't bring how China is superior compared to India anywhere in these topics or threads I start
Everything you got to say about India this guy has to say twice about how chinese are better , man no one is comparing with you , dude read the thread name , how the heck can you bring something like "How chinese immigrants are better than Indians" in such a topic, do ppl curse chinese so much that you need a forum to tell how better you are , i pity you
When this guy says Pakistan is good in dealing with terrorists one can clearly have a picture of how much knowledge he has
All your posts only say about how china is better than rest of the countries in the world all the threads on this forum, i suggest one should consult a psychiatrist for a severe inferiority complex disorder

Xion said:
man these two chinese are eating my brains out , what do you wanna hear ? CHINA IS GREAT , CHINA IS A SUPERPOWER , now please Sh.. up kids and stop crying and don't bring how China is superior compared to India anywhere in these topics or threads I start
Everything you got to say about India this guy has to say twice about how chinese are better , man no one is comparing with you , dude read the thread name , how the heck can you bring something like "How chinese immigrants are better than Indians" in such a topic, do ppl curse chinese so much that you need a forum to tell how better you are , i pity you
When this guy says Pakistan is good in dealing with terrorists one can clearly have a picture of how much knowledge he has
All your posts only say about how china is better than rest of the countries in the world all the threads on this forum, i suggest one should consult a psychiatrist for a severe inferiority complex disorder

erm......... read it again, who said that it want prove? one of ur fellow indians. it seems one of ur fd cannot take critism.

pakistan is not too bad in dealing terrorists. but u got to know it took US a long time to take out terrorists (and still coping very hard). pakistan is not doing that bad compare with its economy and technology.

Unless you want me to start spring cleaning today, this stops now.

Any further flaming or off-topic posts will receive immediate personal attention.

In another article of HindustanTimes.com http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/...95,00050001.htm Someone listed the chairman of China as dictator. Huh, China is a country of rule of law. Law is a necessity which just like the rule of the forum. if someone didn't obey the rule of the forum, he should be ass kicked by the Admin and the Mods. People might not regard Admin and Mods as dictators. Why does the law be ignored by those people of independent organizations?

Then back to this topic.

Everyone knew that political and religious freedom is good, but I'd emphasize that Freedom of Law is bad. It implys the circumstance of no-law. In his second term, are the bush administration preparing to be spreading of democracy and freedom with unilateral agreement and no warranty and disclaimer of any liability for consequential damages?

“Of course, all of us . . . have our crotchets and our blind spots. I abhor novels written in the present tense”(Mordecai Richler)

I want to hear some comment about Freedom of Law that how do you think of it. American's comment are most welcome.

Off topic
Thank God the modes and admins brought sanity and hijack of a thread. I started reading about "Pakistan a failed state by 2015", suddenly I got confused if I was in the wrong thread.
Back to topic.
The main problem that will hamper economic growth in Pakistan is the very absymal literacy levels:
46% of the population is literate, and only 26% of the women are literate.
The uneducated depend on the madarsas for education which are nothing but jihadi factories. These madarsa educated youth (boys only as girls are not permitted there), cannot be employed in any industry except the jihadi groups.

gingerbeard said:
i see, but acquiring nukes is very hard since nukes would be guarded very well. i think pakistan will eventually figure out that "terrorists" its not their enermy but instead work together, or may acutally fund it and to gain their support it against india perhaps?
Pakistan has been "working" with these terrorists for the last 25 yrs against India. The result is evident in the CIA report.

I meant that someone might say: If there wasn't the rule of the forum, the Admin, the Mods, the Military Forum would be a failed forum.

lemontree said:
gingerbeard said:
i see, but acquiring nukes is very hard since nukes would be guarded very well. i think pakistan will eventually figure out that "terrorists" its not their enermy but instead work together, or may acutally fund it and to gain their support it against india perhaps?
Pakistan has been "working" with these terrorists for the last 25 yrs against India. The result is evident in the CIA report.

the relaionship between nations are far more complicated than that....they dont act like children (most of time) that they will remember some old rotten fact and abandon the benifit of re-cooperate in present...

that is why France and Britian became friends in last century althought they were such enemies 2 or 3 centries ago..

U.S is like that too, pakistan is very important to U.S if americans want to destroy or at least confine terriosts in those moutains....therefore, americans have to forget or pretend to forget some past stories and work with pakistan government..

i bet the least thing americans want is a failed pakistan....it may turns out to be a extreme islamic state, another iran maybe u can say, U.S than will lose a "friend" (i think they can be called friends now right?)

Back