Pakistan test fires its first Cruise Missile!

TBA_PAKI said:
Rabs said:
So they took our missle and slapped a Made in Pakistan sticker on it.
If it was a US Missile then it would not have 500KM range! :roll:

The two US Missiles that fell on our territory were dead anyways but they provided some technical assistance to our "Cruise Missile Program".

I think that some people do not antiscipated this achievement by a muslim country.

Also there are reports about our next Cruise Missile with 1000KM range! 8)

Why does Pakistan need a 1000KM cruise missile? Its principal threats are India and China. Both of which are well under 1000KM, unless your planning to strike Beijing. In that case you'd be better off your medium range ballistic missiles already have the range and can carry a larger (not to mention nuclear) payload. For example the Shaheen-1 Shaheen-2 or the entitre Guari family?

Lemontree, China is not a member of the MTCR. In fact, The US and other Western countries refused to allow China to participate in MTCR activities. So, how could China violate MTCR?
Boobies,
I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for that correction.
Oh, what is wrong with Pakis trying to keep up with the Indians?

If India is actively courtship with the US to counter China's advancement, why can't China do the same to counter India? Does it make China evil because of your displeasement and conflict with Pakis?
Then with this same yard stick, there should be nothing wrong for Iran to develope nuclear weapons. Wouldn't you say so? But in the US there is quite a furrow over the issue.

mmarsh said:
TBA_PAKI said:
Rabs said:
So they took our missle and slapped a Made in Pakistan sticker on it.
If it was a US Missile then it would not have 500KM range! :roll:

The two US Missiles that fell on our territory were dead anyways but they provided some technical assistance to our "Cruise Missile Program".

I think that some people do not antiscipated this achievement by a muslim country.

Also there are reports about our next Cruise Missile with 1000KM range! 8)

Why does Pakistan need a 1000KM cruise missile? Its principal threats are India and China. Both of which are well under 1000KM, unless your planning to strike Beijing. In that case you'd be better off your medium range ballistic missiles already have the range and can carry a larger (not to mention nuclear) payload. For example the Shaheen-1 Shaheen-2 or the entitre Guari family?
Cruise Missile enjoy certain advantages that Ballistic Missiles don't.

In short, Ballistic Missiles are effective as strategic weapons but Cruise Missiles have deeper role. You have seen the recent war in IRAQ and the use of Cruise Missiles as a precise weapon for attacking deep targets.

SwordFish_13 said:
HI,

I never said they can't make a Missel ............. Cruse Missel development has a Crutial Phase called testing.......... testing and verifing

One Feild test and Serial Production starts. :roll: .......... Come on who are we trying to fool.

Oh, what is wrong with Pakis trying to keep up with the Indians?

Nothin i was trying to eloborate why they need to fire the missel at this time.......... they had got this Missel way back in around 2000-2002 ......... what i meant was by showing in public the Millitary regime of Pakistan told general public that they are doing Somethig to counter India......... the launch was for the Show......
Our Cruise Missile program is "7 YEARS OLD" and this was the first test to get publicity. No army is stupid enough to enter a weapon in to service after 1 test.

This test is a 100% success, meaning that it is ready for service. Their will be further tests in short time to confirm this move!

Back