Pakistan Army ousts the Taleban?

One of the places I was able to visit on a recent deployment was Karachi, Pakistan. At a university there met and spoke to many students who were pro-West, anti-Taliban, but there was an equal number of pro-Taliban anti-Western students who hero worshipped Osama bin Laden. I wouldn't be surprised if elements of the Pakistani Defence and Public Service are fighting and working on opposte sides either for or against the Afghan governmet, NATO or Taliban. Pakistan is neither a plus or a minus in the overal strategy to defeat the Taliban for the are assisting both sides. BTW by Taliban I mean the bad Taliban. Some "Taliban" should be distinguished from the main organisation as they are willing to negotiate and compromise (as General Richards found when he was CO of NATO forces in Afghanistan).

One of the places I was able to visit on a recent deployment was Karachi, Pakistan. At a university there met and spoke to many students who were pro-West, anti-Taliban, but there was an equal number of pro-Taliban anti-Western students who hero worshipped Osama bin Laden. I wouldn't be surprised if elements of the Pakistani Defence and Public Service are fighting and working on opposte sides either for or against the Afghan governmet, NATO or Taliban. Pakistan is neither a plus or a minus in the overal strategy to defeat the Taliban for the are assisting both sides. BTW by Taliban I mean the bad Taliban. Some "Taliban" should be distinguished from the main organisation as they are willing to negotiate and compromise (as General Richards found when he was CO of NATO forces in Afghanistan).

A very particular serious problem we have here in Britain is one I have warned of many times. We have a very large imported population over recent years from Pakistan, plus an unaccountable number of illegal versions. Our created multi-cultural society ( as opposed to multi-racial)
means that these folk live here choosing segregation for themselves and abhorring our culture.
They consider themselves dual- nationality and their young men pass backwards and forwards to Pakistan as routine. They are encouraged to go and take part in re-education at their Madrassas and thus become malcontents and recruits to terrorism, unfortunately in the name of Islam.

How serious is this imported and exported Trojan Horse scenario for both Britain and the world?

Answers on a post-card.

Ain't that the truth Del Boy?
And because they're an ethnic minority in the UK, it's almost like they have some kind of immunity to serious criticism.

Ain't that the truth Del Boy?
And because they're an ethnic minority in the UK, it's almost like they have some kind of immunity to serious criticism.

Just about untouchable for risk of offence. However, I have to say that sometimes you get lucky and happy.

I just got a total hip replacement. In hospital 10am Saturday 23rd May - out 5pm Tuesday on crutches. Brilliant - painless, perfect I trust. Now all my consultants, surgeons etc, who were fantastic and looked after me like comrades, were Asian. I could not have got better treatment anywhere. I have published my thanks and congratulations in the local paper, saying that they turned what could have been a traumatic business to almost a pleasure, and I told the surgeon the same. Mind you, even as a kid in London WW11, my great old doctor was Dr Bizwaz, and when I grew up and went to sea I used to bring him back boxes of 50 cigarettes. They were very scarce here. So there we are - life in Britain 2009 - bit of an enigma, ain't it?:-D

"Asian" is such a broad based term it almost means nothing.
Just which part of the largest continent do you reckon he's from?

Of course I did not raise the question; and BTW not 'him' but 'them' - even better. My guess would have been throughout these experts - India or Pakistan and nurses from the Phillipines etc; of course this could vary, I am talking of some dozen people . Iraqi or Iranian, who knows? But i was impressed, that is the point ; I have always been very liberal on racial matters, despite the stupid pressures our government has brought upon us, and, of course, the current international terrorism problem. Certainly I am not prejudiced in any way against my fellow man.

Last edited:
well,it is no hidden fact that Pakistani army has been helping many terrorist organization in the past.what matters is they still support terrorist organizations against India. Pakistani army themselves are not willing to fight against Taliban.Few Pakistani army officers were arrested on the charges of helping the Talibanis.
The only thing that unites Pakistan is there hatred towards India.
i cannot understand how come an army of half a million is not able to take their own part of their country.They concentrate towards India as if we pose more threat to their nation than compared to Taliban.until and unless the Pakistanis resolve to act fast the world is not going to believe them.if they wish they can root out the Talibanis within a month.by not doing so they are putting question mark on their professionalism.good luck chaps.(for my Pakistani army friends)

Hooly resurected threads batman!

This horse is dead, put your stick away..hehe

Good point by sidewinder;-) why would pakistani army risk newdelhi's anger..while on other hand facing difficult situation inside the country.At one end pak army is fighting terrorism and losing 3 or 4 solidiers daily.And still my friend you are blaming pak army.Come on how da hell you except third world country's army 2 eliminate talibans in short period of time.while most powerful armies of the world could'nt do it in 9 years.fact is you could bomb them and run away.but what about aftermath results.civilians,urban warfare is more difficult then traditional wars. And we cannot repeat soviet union mistakes again,like create mujahidins and talibans to fight russia.and then leave them alone to fight each other.

well my friend you need to understand few things.the pakistani army is fighting in tribal areas of pakistan,where these talibans are holding their position.what really is worrying is the fact that in the recent past many of pakistani army officials have came under the scanner for helping the talibans.so it defenitely leaves a doubt in my mind that fighting againts your own friend is not easy at all.you really need to take a look why your country is facing such problem.see always keep one thing in your mind that India doesn't want anything from Pakistan,we just want you guys to keep your country clean and be more sensible.make your own future and rewrite your destiny.INSHAALLAH everything will be fine.

So back to the original discussion, is the Pak Army serious about its efforts? Does it have the political backing and will and most importantly will it be able to exploit its gains and hold them.

As for the side discussions - the playground is available, that's where we sort out our issues.

I am of the belief these arrests have all been the CIA. They are merely letting PK take the credit so theres no civilian unrest. PK has also let some SF into the equation.

Possibly.
But you can't do it without Pakistan's approval or else the Pakistanis would reject the claims and say it was the Americans. The Pakistanis have their own factions to deal with and at times appease within their own country. Fighting against Taliban forces in Pakistan is a very delicate matter to the Pakistani government.

Back