Pakistan Army conducts War Exercise near Jhelum

2nd Lieutenant

According to military sources large number of troops are participating in the exercise. 30th Corps Commander Lieutenant General Raheel Shareef visited the field area and witnessed the exercise. Corps commander was briefed on the tactical setting of the exercise by the field commanders on the occasion.
Raheel Shareef witnessed the firing of Artillery and heavy Infantry weapons during the exercise.
He appreciated the morale, skilful planning and conduct of exercise and highly commended the tactical skills as well as accurate firing standard of the troops. He lauded endurance and standard of professional readiness of Soldiers. During this exercise Director General Military training and General Officer Commanding (GOC) were also present.:bravo:

I have been on many exercises on Salisbury Plain. I got fed up with long range snipers waking me up with their big guns and Vulcan Bombers dropping their payload. A chap needs his sleep after all said and done.

Tuck me in Sergeant Major zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.:sleep:

Last edited:
Ah! Salisbury Plain!
Did you remember to enjoy the lovely scenery while you were there :)

I remember falling in trenches that some daft buggers never filled in.

I do remember there was a pub somewhere near there, I got a pint and a sandwich out of the Station Commander, a Group Captain no less, while I was a mere Leading Aircraftsman.:thumb:

When I got back on unit and told my mate's they were gobsmacked.

Another training area we use to use with the TA (apart from the Brecons, where I dug trenches and didn't fill them in to get my own back :wink: ) was Frog Hill. For the life of me I can't remember where Frog Hill was.

Last edited:
I'll be in Karachi soon on EX with Pakistani's before heading to AO. No offence intended, but Karachi isn't the most favourite location for Aussies and on my last visit there in '09, still remember a PN Leut. trying to convince us Osama Bin Laden was a stooge of the West harbouring somewhere in the US. Hope to catch up with him again soo to have a chat about that :smile:

Back