• Both

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

• Nulli, you think too much

• Total voters

C/2nd Lt Robot

Post your philosophy on pain and why. I believe that it's more of a state of mind, like peace. Since you can, more or less, shut out the pain. You can do this by not listening to your body. When you listen to your body then you tend to quit because everything is to hard for the body. But your mind knows the limits of your body. And when you shut out your mind you can do incredible things (shutting out your mind from what you're doing, at least). For instance; I used to run to school everyday last year. It was about two miles and every now and then I would get a runner’s high by, basically, shutting out my mind from the running. And I found that by doing so I was able to get to school faster and I felt no pain or fatigue. The saying "Pain is weakness leaving the body" is also true, IMO. Because, for the most part, when you feel pain your body creates a tolerance to pain in or on that part of your body. And, at times, raising your over all tolerance to pain. Does anyone agree or disagree?

It really depends on what kind of pain, but yes the stuff you get from running, you shut it out.
What you hit is a 2nd wind and running just starts to get a bit automatic.

nulli, the experience you had while running was your brain firing off endorphins which block pain receptors.

Ever had sex in a car and didn't realize your leg was in a REEEEAL uncomfortable position until after you completed the act? Same thing.

anyway, to answer your question you had to define "what is the mind" and "what is the relationship between the mind and the brain" and "what is the relationship between pain and the bran" and "what is the relationship between pain and the mind" all of which will take humanity longer than your lifetime to figure out ;)

Whispering Death said:
anyway, to answer your question you had to define "what is the mind" and "what is the relationship between the mind and the brain" and "what is the relationship between pain and the bran" and "what is the relationship between pain and the mind" all of which will take humanity longer than your lifetime to figure out ;)
I take that as a challenge. :twisted: . It will take humanity the time and effort we are willing to put into it. "It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer." (Albert Einstein)

It's not that you can take the pain away mentally it's that you can look past it to accomplish your goal.

I'm a big believer in gutting thru the pain on humps and runs the whole mind over matter thing. But certain types of pain you need to pay attention to. Say sharp stabbing pains in your knee. :cry: Because some types of pain are a warning from your body that something is wrong.

AlexKall said:
Pain is a state of mind

Its singals to the brain, you can shut these signals off! :D

its true! i was watching the discovery channel and this guy that was a pro in some wierd artform claimed he could block all pain from his body. he had people hit him with sticks and punch and kick him. he even had someone kick him betwixt the legs.

Yeah, if it is serious Pain then you do not want to be the macho guy, because when you do go down, you will be a liability to the rest of your section.

Back