Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both

• other

• Nulli, you think too much

• Total voters
Actually, I think the type of pain matters in this discussion. If you get sucker punched in the face, I'm pretty sure you aren't thinking, "MMM.. Weakness leaving the body". But if it's muscle failure during an athletic event, you can kinda fight through it mentally.

03USMC said:
Depends. Sometimes pain is just pain.

Yeah that is what was being explained to us in Recruit training. Who had cramps this morning in PT?... well Drink some water it is just pain. At first you hear it and your like whatever if it hurts i am not going to do it... I finally figured it out.. if it hurts enough this time i will be able to do more of it next time i have to do it. It is JUST pain.

If you watched "The Real World" season premire you would have seen exactly what I meant, a guy was blind-sided in the face when he was down, and the bone right under his left eye was fractured. Before he went to the emergency room I'll bet he wasn't thinking about shutting off signals from his face to his brain. Just like when in hockey some kid's slapshot catches me in between padding, and it feels like my whole arm was blown off and me elbow is re-fractured, I am not thinking about how it's a state of mind or any stupid noble shit like that, I wait for it to go away enough so I can continue playing.

nerve pain (ie when nerve receptors have been damaged) would be very hard to intentionally blockout. however, i understand that if something big does happen then the body will go into shock and for whatever reason you wont feel the pain as much. i would like to see a guy get shot and overhear him saying "this is good for me, ahhhh, bye bye weakness"

however, self induced exercise related pain, well that can be worked through and ignored. its fatigue and the muscle tearing ever so slightly and is completely different from actually have a nerve damaged

When it comes to exercise, I feel most pain is weakness leaving the body.

Have you ever noticed that only the out of shape people complain on long runs or a hard workout session? To get into good shape, you must endure a high number on the Suck o Meter.

I'd love to put any of ye lads with a woman giving birth and when shes screaming with pain, ye can just say dont worry honey its just weakness leaving the body! :p lol

Irishone said:
I'd love to put any of ye lads with a woman giving birth and when shes screaming with pain, ye can just say dont worry honey its just weakness leaving the body! :p lol

Hear! Hear! The only thing weak was my knees when the first and second were born. :)

Here's a little topic I picked up. Another reason to fear/love redheaded women.

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/package.jsp?name=fte/redheadedpain/redheadedpain

redheadedpain135.jpg

Redheaded Women Have a Unique Ability

Blondes may have more fun, but redheaded women
have a special quality that is as unique as their hair
color. They have an innate ability to tolerate more pain
than other people.

Whispering Death said:
Ever had sex in a car and didn't realize your leg was in a REEEEAL uncomfortable position until after you completed the act? Same thing.

good example. :)

but nulli, ever have a baby? not that i've had one, but thats not pain you can shut out, nor is it pain that can be considered weakness.

they say women have a higher pain tolerance than men, so maybe when men shut out the pain, they are achieiving the equal tolerance of a woman :)

I am a multiple time world champion breaker (ie breaking boards and bricks), and I know for a fact that pain is a state mind. Through mental training, one can shut out any signal that the body is giving it. I have broken many, many times, and at first at hurts, but then you learn how to shut out the pain. Recently I was at a tournament in New Orleans, where I was defending my title. I broke two bricks with my hand, and my hand got stuck between the bottom brick and the top brick. they both were falling, and the bottom brick hit the floor, and then the top brick slammed onto my hand. My entire middle finger was smashed. It was incredibly painful, but, I blocked out the pain, and got my finger bandaged.

I also believe that pain is weakness leaving the body. through physical training, you build up an indurance. I agree with one of the previous posts, that said something along the lines of, "out of shape people are always the ones complaining after doing something physical".

Re: pain

wife of lips said:
I think to some degree pain is a state of mind. Why is it that men seem to find pain more intense than women

irishone said:
I'd love to put any of ye lads with a woman giving birth and when shes screaming with pain, ye can just say dont worry honey its just weakness leaving the body! lol

Nulli, you think too much.

:roll:

Vitaly said:
If you watched "The Real World" season premire you would have seen exactly what I meant, a guy was blind-sided in the face when he was down, and the bone right under his left eye was fractured. Before he went to the emergency room I'll bet he wasn't thinking about shutting off signals from his face to his brain. Just like when in hockey some kid's slapshot catches me in between padding, and it feels like my whole arm was blown off and me elbow is re-fractured, I am not thinking about how it's a state of mind or any stupid noble shit like that, I wait for it to go away enough so I can continue playing.

Con: broken face, mom died
Pro: hes banging melinda.

thats 3 forms of pain right there.

Back