'Pacman' Jones faces misdemeanor charge

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/15874334.htm

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones was issued a citation Saturday for misdemeanor assault after a Tennessee State student accused him of spitting in her face at a nightclub.
Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron said the citation was delivered to Jones without incident.
Jones is accused of spitting in the face of Krystal Webb, 21, after a verbal exchange at Club Mystic about 1 a.m. Thursday during a private party.
Aaron said Webb told police that Jones tried to dance with one of her friends, and Webb pulled her away. Jones then cursed and yelled at Webb, walked away, then returned and yelled again, at which time he spit in Webb's face.
Webb and other witnesses identified Jones as the person involved, Aaron said.
Police discussed the matter with the district attorney's office Friday and determined that Jones could be charged on a citation that alleges misdemeanor assault.
Jones declined to comment, directing questions to his attorneys. Worrick Robinson, one of Jones' attorneys, did not return a phone message left at his office Saturday.
But Robinson told The Tennessean on Friday that his client wasn't involved.
"I think there may be a case of mistaken identity here," Robinson told the newspaper. "It is my understanding that there were some girls involved at a private party at Club Mystic. I think Pacman was there for maybe an hour, but it was early. The girls had been involved in a verbal altercation with someone, but I don't think it was Pacman Jones. There was an allegation that someone had spit on one of the girls, and Pacman, he did not spit on anybody."
Robinson said Jones left the club around midnight because "he needed to get home."
"Pacman has been trying to avoid any instances or confrontation with anybody," Robinson said. "Unfortunately he seems to be an easy target for people to approach and make allegations against."
Titans spokesman Robbie Bohren said Saturday that the team "had no comment at this point."
The Titans play the Houston Texans on Sunday at LP Field.
In August, Jones was arrested at a Murfreesboro nightclub on charges of public drunkenness and disorderly conduct, both misdemeanors, and is scheduled to appear in court Jan. 11. He was accused of spitting on a woman during that incident as well.
Last year, almost three months after the Titans made him the sixth overall pick in the 2005 draft, Jones was arrested after an incident at another nightclub. Those charges were later dismissed.

Back