Pacific Islanders to bolster ADF...

Craftsman said:
I think it's strange for a country to have to appeal to other countries for personnel support when we have so many people aged 17 - 35 not coming forward for Defence service.

I don't know Padre, i think we have enough scots to form a foreign legion.

So true, and God Bless each one of them. (I'd insert a smiley wearing a kilt and dancing on two swords if Redleg had one).

bulldogg said:
Cheers Padre, second round is on me. ;)

RAinf, why "bad idea"? I really would like any and all opinions on this.

Bulldog -what are you looking at - Kapooka or Duntroon?

Most likely Kapooka, that's your enlisted Basic and I figure after 10 years out I should be doing Basic again (I heard that snicker guys!). Of course the bloody bastard hasn't gotten back to me for a couple weeks now about my packet... I hate limbo.
Most likely going back to my old MOS as a medic or dental tech, subject to the needs of the service of course. I plan on doing six years at a minimum but will stick around till retirement if its a good fit. The goal is to settle somewhere in the NT eventually, maybe raise ostriches or just cain. ;)

Why dont we just send a training team to the pacific islands and help them build their own guerilla outfit. Or even put them through kapooka here and send them back to where ever they came from. Why do we need them in the ADF? Well, I guess its a numbers issue not a tactical defence issue. Like someone else said, they should look at the reasons why people are failing rather than try to rush more people in. Plus, recruitment is VERY tight, they knock back too many good people.

If I was Minister for Defence, I'd be paying Manpower - AFTER - a recruit gets through CRT successfully, and not before :x

bulldogg said:
Most likely Kapooka, that's your enlisted Basic and I figure after 10 years out I should be doing Basic again (I heard that snicker guys!). Of course the bloody bastard hasn't gotten back to me for a couple weeks now about my packet... I hate limbo.
Most likely going back to my old MOS as a medic or dental tech, subject to the needs of the service of course. I plan on doing six years at a minimum but will stick around till retirement if its a good fit. The goal is to settle somewhere in the NT eventually, maybe raise ostriches or just cain. ;)

Bulldogg, did you know Kapooka in Aboriginal means "where the flies meet." - so bring your fly-swat :p

Cheers Padre, I spent most of my life on a ranch raising livestock so the flies will make me feel at home. ;)

bulldogg said:
Cheers Padre, second round is on me. ;)

RAinf, why "bad idea"? I really would like any and all opinions on this.

I just marched out of the School of Inf and it was the best thing ive ever done, I wouldent say its a bad idea.

And the flies at Kapooka arent that bad, Singleton is where all the flies are.

I'm obviously not Austrialian but I just wanna say...that after reading this thread, my respect for y'all "down under" is as strong as ever.

It's good to hear folk resisting the urge to compromise. It's better to fight along side a few that want to be there, rather than a bunch that want to be anywhere else but there.

This too shall pass (recruiting wowes I mean) and y'all will come out alot stronger on the other side.

Back