Votes: 15 34.9%
  • No, I don't own firearms

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • No, I have not fired a firearm before

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
I figure since gun rights are talked a lot on this forum why not have a simple poll.

Of course I voted Yes, I own firearms

Last edited:
I owned a couple but not any more. :-( They don't let you have semi auto's here.

Yes, I own firearms.

No. 1 MKIII Enfield....coming soon.

Last edited:
Yes, I have fired a firearm before

AK-47, G3A2, MP5, Cobra Colt, Glock, .38 Cal Revolver

:m16shoot::m16shoot:

I own too many (so my Wife says). I still have the single shot .22 that I had at about age 10 years old. The only problem I have is trying to decide which caliber to use if a burgler breaks in.

I own too many (so my Wife says). I still have the single shot .22 that I had at about age 10 years old. The only problem I have is trying to decide which caliber to use if a burgler breaks in.
LMAO a .22 Aussies gun of choice :cheers:

One of the best for killing Roos.

I own 47 of them, all licensed and registered and if I can find an MP44 it will be 48.

I own 47 of them, all licensed and registered and if I can find an MP44 it will be 48.

I thought you're against the guns? :| Correct me if I'm mistake. I've seen you debated with 5.56 on some gun controls or something.

I thought you're against the guns? :| Correct me if I'm mistake. I've seen you debated with 5.56 on some gun controls or something.

I am not against guns as such I am just against unregistered ownership.

I would be exceedingly surprised if you find a post where I advocate the banning of private ownership.

I have a war surplus lee enfield that i use for hunting (far too rarely though)

plus i am qualified with the Steyr rifle, and GPMG.

i support gun rights, but at the same time, dont want just any nutbar to be able to have one. gun ownership is a privilage to be earned, rather than a right IMHO

i would expect that this would be much the same postion that monty will take

(jeez monty...you gun hording psychopath! quite the dark horse lol. im guessing you have your collectors/dealers licences?)

Last edited:
Hehe yes I have a collectors license with the pistol and restricted endorsements and I have been considering trying for a dealers license but I just can't justify it.

To be honest the collection started because I wanted to keep two WW2 Pistols (German and Italian) the uncles had "acquired" during the conflict but it really took off when a couple of us built some black powder mortars at work one day.

And yes I agree with your position on this one.

Last edited:
I own nothing now due to our gun laws, but did own 27 modern military (1940-1970) weapons at one particular time. I tried to stick with the classics,

9mm Owen Gun with fake stock (original lost)
Stens (several at different times)
Thompson 1928A1 with horizontal foregrip
MP40 (Schmeisser)
PPSh41 (Couldn't get ammo, and didn't want to rechamber it).
SMLE No1 MkIII* & No5, MkI,
1942 8mm Mauser Kar 98K (Made by BRNO),
.30 Carbine (AT&T and Inland Division of General Motors)
30-06 Garand M1 (my favourite),
8mm FN49,
FN FAL 7.62
SKK carbine
Chinese Type 56 (AK47 copy)
Colt AR10 (7.62) and AR15 (5.56)
.30 Browning M2 (C) (adapted from a fixed wing mounting)

That was the backbone of my military stuff, a lot of other pieces passed through my hands but were sold on for one reason or another. My non military stuff came and went with the exception of my .22 BRNO Mod1 and a standard grade 12G Browning auto. My son now owns my BRNO and it still shoots well after having fired over 7000 rounds that I can account for.

9mm Owen Gun with fake stock (original lost)
Stens (several at different times)
Thompson 1928A1 with horizontal foregrip
MP40 (Schmeisser)
PPSh41 (Couldn't get ammo, and didn't want to rechamber it).
SMLE No1 MkIII* & No5, MkI,
1942 8mm Mauser Kar 98K (Made by BRNO),
.30 Carbine (AT&T and Inland Division of General Motors)
30-06 Garand M1 (my favourite),
8mm FN49,
FN FAL 7.62
SKK carbine
Chinese Type 56 (AK47 copy)
Colt AR10 (7.62) and AR15 (5.56)
.30 Browning M2 (C) (adapted from a fixed wing mounting)

Whoa....:shock: Anyway, how did you got a PPSH41 in Australia? Did your govenment took most of your military firearms? If so, why?

Anything is available if you know who to ask. But to be honest I didn't ask, but had been invited to the home of a friend of a friend where it was first shown to me. He had a workshop under the rear of his house and it was stuck up in the sub floor framing with all sorts of other stuff. He'd had it for years and was always going to do something with it but never did. $200 and it was mine.

It's not good form to ask where some things come from and he didn't volunteer any info so that was it.

The Government got a few pieces of rubbish, the remainder was "dispersed" before the crackdown. Because of my previously registered collection, and the fact that I was still a licenced pistol shooter, I became squeaky clean as I always expected a knock on the door at 0400. I now have nothing on my premises and never will have.

The government changed all of the laws regarding firearms after a nutter shot 31 people in Tasmania. So once again the law abiding owner got the kick in the goolies because of the actions of one person with a previous record of mental instability, which the Government of the day was too lazy and incompetent to do anything about. It's far easier and cheaper to ban a class of firearms than build and maintain a decent mental health system.

Last edited:
Wow senojekips, if they robbed all those wonderful firearms from me I'd get to thinking maybe it's time to start the revolution.

The Government got a few pieces of rubbish, the remainder was "dispersed" before the crackdown. Because of my previously registered collection, and the fact that I was still a licenced pistol shooter, I became squeaky clean as I always expected a knock on the door at 0400. I now have nothing on my premises and never will have.

The government changed all of the laws regarding firearms after a nutter shot 31 people in Tasmania. So once again the law abiding owner got the kick in the goolies because of the actions of one person with a previous record of mental instability, which the Government of the day was too lazy and incompetent to do anything about. It's far easier and cheaper to ban a class of firearms than build and maintain a decent mental health system.

That is why I don't agree with you MontyB

I am not against guns as such I am just against unregistered ownership.

I would be exceedingly surprised if you find a post where I advocate the banning of private ownership.

Senojekips was a legal law abiding citizen. He jumped through all the hoops and yet he was still punished because of some nutter. Registration leads to confiscation. Why should I give the government any information about my firearms? Oh, because the registration is for the safety of the children???? Nope.... History has proven over and over again that REGISTRATION LEADS TO CONFISCATION.

The Soviet Union did it, Nazi Germany did it, Turkey did it, Guatemala did it, China did it, etc.... Do you want me to list every nation in the 20th Century that had a firearms registration system in place that later did a confiscation and abuse of it's citizenry?

I will not allow City, County, State, or Federal Government keep a list on me. I am not an item that should be registered and cataloged. I am a human being with freedoms and rights. One such right is the right to keep and bears arms. That right is a higher right. It is not a right given to me by the government. It is a right that is given to me for simply drawing breath and being human. No government or person will strip me of those rights.

The Soviet Union did it, Nazi Germany did it, Turkey did it, Guatemala did it, China did it, etc.... Do you want me to list every nation in the 20th Century that had a firearms registration system in place that later did a confiscation and abuse of it's citizenry?

Canada, you forgot Canada! :pirate2:

Back