Overpaid?

Sooners1

Are professional athletes overpaid? This is an easy question, no politics anything like that, just do you think that pro athletes deserve to make millions of dollars?

At least hockeyplayers are.

We Finns like our hockey and our hockeyplayers but the current state of the NHL is appalling. It isn't right that over 70 cents of every dollar in the business is used in salaries, because the first thing you notice this in is the ticketprices.

I still doubt that even if the NHL-lockout ends, ticketprices would actually be lowered.

well if you think about it, if they're getting paid millions, it's more expensive for people to try and buy a game off now. offering an athlete $100,000 to lose a game would be like chump change compaired to the $28mil they're making that year.

but in short, yes they are overpaid.

I think they are very overpaid... You can earn millions to "play" with a ball or puck but if you are a CEO for a major company people get angry if you earn to much....

I don't understad why..

That doesnt make sence?

The sports industry is the biggest most triving industry in the world.

No way are they over paid.

Well i dunno, at one point Michael Schumacher was getting paid a reported $80 million a year. That really makes A Rod's $25 mil a year look like crap. And all Schumi does is drive an F1 car.

Till theres money in it.

When he started at jordan he had to pay jordan to drive the car. So the gammble payed off

So you guys mean that it's ok to get 50 million $ a year to play ishockey or something but to get 50 million $ a year to be CEO for a multinational company is not ok.. Sports is just playing, entertainment.. running a company is hard work...

Well if the CEO is getting the money illegally I don't think it's fair that he receives that much. But Bill Gates was making way more than that but at least he did it legally.

Well ofcourse I am talking about legal salary. In Sweden there have been a major discussion about CEO salaries and how unfair it is that they have so much more compared to the workers but there are no voices about how much our hockey players earn. Thats what I am reacting about.

So you guys mean that it's ok to get 50 million $ a year to play ishockey or something but to get 50 million $ a year to be CEO for a multinational company is not ok.. Sports is just playing, entertainment.. running a company is hard work...

Its entertainment for the hole world!
Thats alot of people giving money.

You dont want them on that salery anymore stop watching it on tv, buy supports gear and totaly boicot everything to do with it and hope millions others do the same.

Then u'll be happy

Well if it's legal, then I don't have a problem with it. But there is a lot more money in sports to go around. So it makes for the athletes to get a lot of it. They get money from sponsors and their team, so it's a bunch of corporations forking over the cash.

This is a trick, yes and no. I think they are paid outrageous salaries and most of them do not deserve it. Also, some are paid and do. What happened to the day when Johnny U signed to play football for a team jacket? With all the high salaries there will never be a franchise player or another era of a team, like tthe Bulls, Lakers, 49ers, etc.. Most of them lost their passion for the game and now oly play for money and that sucks. Higher salaries mean higher ticket prices, higher prices for merchandise, etc.. all that does is hurt the average fan and make it to where he can only catch his team if it is on reg channels.

Back