Over 140 killed in Iraq!

Redleg

The fire is everything
Staff member
Today has been the bloodiest day in Iraq since President Bush declared an end to major combat operations.

According to Iraqi officials over 70 has been killed in Baghdad and over 110 in Karbale.
(The official US numbers are 58 in Baghdad and 85 in Karbala)
Over 500 people are wounded, so the number of killed can rise....

Several suicide bombers attacked almost simultaneously in both cities, and the terrorist did also use mortars for the first time against Iraqi civilians.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/03/02/sprj.nirq.main/index.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3527221.stm

It's a tradgedy, somone in the iraqi government needs to standup for the iraqi people and point the finger at radical muslim elements.

What most sucks about thsi whole thing is the fact you have two groups of radical muslims in this country. You can't give it back to the Sunnis because it won't be any different than Saddam reigning and you can't give it to the Shi'ites because then they will want revenge on the Sunnis for all the persecution they endured under Saddam. And if they have a two party system they will get even less done than ours is now. I say kill all of them but the pacifists. Thats the only way to stop the violence. Unfortunately the more you then would kill the less pacifist people would become and you would end up with genocide on your hands. This whole situation really sucks.

Ah the joys of war. (note the sarcasim)

To much blood shed and not enough results. These terrorists aren't afraid to die because they believe their god will protect them. Politically most politicians are currupt anyways, so it doesn't matter which party is in controll as long as people don't die for money, revenge, power, or something like that.

I think that we're trying to do the right thing in a sh**ty situation. I would like to share something with y'all:

THIS COUNTRY IS IN BETTER SHAPE THAN IT WAS BEFORE WE GOT HERE.

Thanks. Just thought y'all might wanna know.

Yes well...

Yes, master_gunner, your probably right. But you need to see this with the eyes of a middle-east local. The Palestinians got more rights, jobs, education under the Israeli military then they ever had under the Jordanians or the Egyptians. It did not matter. People in this area are very patriotic and will never exept outside rull. We two thought the Palestinians will realise we are better then what they had before. It did not help.

I know, I know. It's sad... they would rather have nothing, and live like animals, then have someone come in and fix things for them... Don't laugh, but I am reading a REALLY good book: The Idiots Guide to the Middle East Conflict (any snide remarks... I thought so.) VERY eye opening, and confirmed my support of the Israelis. Some really good facts in there, and NO COMMENTARY on who is right/wrong.

lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, i got alot of snide remarks, so lets just pretend i wrote them all down(to lazy to acctually do it...)...

"The Idiots Guide to the Middle East Conflict ", lol...

dragon_master_gunner said:
I think that we're trying to do the right thing in a sh**ty situation. I would like to share something with y'all:

THIS COUNTRY IS IN BETTER SHAPE THAN IT WAS BEFORE WE GOT HERE.

Thanks. Just thought y'all might wanna know.

Yes it is, and thank you for your work. Check this out, master_gunner, I'm sure you've already seen it, but it lays out our accomplishments as of January pretty well:

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=912

Back