Outstanding entry on the NK Missile

A Can of Man

Je suis aware
A guy who runs a blog translated an article written on the blog of a North Korean defector turned South Korean reporter.

http://askakorean.blogspot.com/

Look for the one with the title: The Best Commentary On The North Korean Missile Launch

No one hates North Korea more than North Korean defectors, and the thing is, their views are very accurate.

My thoughts are, get to the point they CAN hit anywhere else, then try to take SK again. Anyone interferes or defends SK, and they are at risk of getting hit, themselves.

Maybe nukes, maybe chemical, maybe biological. Kim Jong Il doesn't care.

Even in a direct South vs North Korea conflict with no other parties involved, North Korea knows it will lose.
And I don't think you've read the article.

Even in a direct South vs North Korea conflict with no other parties involved, North Korea knows it will lose.
And I don't think you've read the article.
I think you are right about Hmmm not reading the article.
I thought it was excellent article. While N Korea pushing their missile development to gain a ICBM is a serious problem. The bottom line is they don't need it to attack South Korea. It is just Kim's sword rattling for press coverage.

Some people might not know what ICBM stands for. Inter Continental Ballistic Missile. Until South Koreans decides to move their country further away it is not a major issue. As the article states, N Korea has plenty of weapons to strike S. Korea.
Thanks for sharing the article.

Actually guys, I have read it. Twice, in fact. That does not change my mind, but it does clarify that you misread what I wrote.

With this in mind-
My thoughts are, get to the point they CAN hit anywhere else, then try to take SK again. Anyone interferes or defends SK, and they are at risk of getting hit, themselves.

Maybe nukes, maybe chemical, maybe biological. Kim Jong Il doesn't care.

Re-worded: My thoughts are that North Korea gets to the point that they CAN hit any target some distance off (accuracy is not the issue as much as the capability is), then try to take over South Korea again. If any countries interferes or tries to defend South Korea, they the interfering countries, are at risk of getting hit, themselves.

These could be nukes, maybe chemical, maybe biological. I seriously don't think that Kim Jong Il cares.

Like I said, accuracy would not be an issue as much as the capability to send a weapon that distance. Think of the liability behind this.

Let's say the US irks Kim Jung Il and he launches a missile. Ok, here we are, laughing. What ever direction it goes, there are countries between the US and North Korea. And if it comes down there, do you think Kim Jung Il cares? No, it's America's fault.

Draw a line between North Korea and whatever the target may be. Look at the liability issues there. If America steps in to defend South Korea, and North Korea fires a missile at the US, it doesn't have to hit the US to hurt us. Because whatever country is hit WILL point their fingers at us telling us we're responsible because we should have kept our noses out of the NK/SK conlict.

Then we'll have more than NK to deal with.

The best the North Koreans can put on that missile and expect it to have the range that everyone fears is a conventional bomb. And I think you should look at the map. The only country between the US and North Korea is a bit of Japan which is already well within North Korean missile range, ICBM or no ICBM. The rest is the Pacific Ocean.
And I don't think you understand Kim Jong-il at all. He does care. He wants to live and pass on North Korea to his successor. The guy doesn't really want to start a war that will end with flies eating his eyeballs.
If North Korea launches the missile against the Chinese, then I'll actually feel sorry for the North Koreans. Because the Chinese are going to put the F in F*cking them up. In fact, if they did such a thing, probably the international community will have very little choice but to commit their forces against North Korea - countries that would normally stay out of such a conflict.

Well, the media like to soup things up so people watch and actually by doing so we're handing Kim Jong-il what he really wants, which is attention.

Back