Ouija Boards Source of Evil or just a hunk of wood..??

CanadianCowgirl

Ok, so the discussion on haunted houses/ghosts compelled me to start this topic on Ouija boards. I refuse to play them because they creep me out, mostly because I don't really understand them, and if they really DO work I'd rather not know....

Anyone here ever have any experiences with them??

I disagree, redneck.

Mankind knows less than it would like to believe... We're still discovering new things about our own bodies. And, although, I can't prove that ghosts, God, or the "supernatural" in general exists... I cannot prove that they don't.

A typical Evolutionist argument would be, "Science can prove what can't exist by looking at what does exist" (More or less (The Circle-Square argument)) *Something along those lines.

However, new discoveries in the fields of science merely uncover and explain what has always existed to be true... And, well, we're still making new discoveries.

I dunno... I probably got a little ahead of myself here... Anyway ~ that's why I disagree.

Now, @ CC (sorry if you don't like me calling you CC),
I've been told that Ouija Boards create portals to the spiritworld.. And that sometimes you can let Evil spirits out.

That's only the popular belief that I've been told. I cannot say for myself, since I haven't used one. *I don't plan on using one - better safe than sorry, right?*

But, if you do believe, it's something to be careful with.

If you're asking me whether or not I believe in Ghosts or not, that's different.
But the fact is that people can't form proper sentences or messages with it when blindfolded.

If you're asking me whether or not I believe in Ghosts or not, that's different.
But the fact is that people can't form proper sentences or messages with it when blindfolded.

Yes, it is different; I understand that. But it's not completely different.
Accepting that there are ghosts may fall into the same discussion as accepting the method in which enables communicating or interacting with them.

Like I said, I cannot say for myself that it is true or not; I haven't used one.

As for doing it with a blindfold... I would have to say that it depends on the person and whether or not he/she is doing it "correctly". *If it works at all*

Again... Maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself...

I'd like to know:
Do you believe Humans can interact with ghosts? -- If you believe in ghosts at all.

To a degree, yes. But probably not very well.

I understand.

Some people (in general) have to realize that although fairytales can sound like complete BS, there may also exist facts hidden behind them. (Metaphores, Symbolisms, etc... - Or just plain, undiscovered truths)
The trick is knowing how to seperate the BS from the facts or the meanings behind them.

And, although it's within a person's right to immediately reject what they're told or what they've heard... It's kind of like assuming a child is lying simply because what he says is unlikely... Sometimes you just have to make sure. (-- Kinda. I guess. :???:)

That isn't to say that some fairytales can't be completely false... Because I'm sure there are some out there that are.

Human-beings are clumsy creatures, we can sometimes misinterpret things that are true to seem untrue.

haha yeah I Googled it out of curiosity one night, while working a long 12 hour shift, to see what sort of stories would come up. They were a lot stranger than I expected, lol. Most seemed to be about people not believing it, then playing it as a joke, and ended up causing their homes to be haunted (?) Not sure I really buy this or not, but I'm open minded I suppose. I won't risk it by trying it ;)

It's real and they work. Damn the person who introduced it to you because it's a horrible horrible thing. Believe me or not, many pastors/priests had to do many exorcisms on teenagers/youngadults that got a demon in them from this abomination. People may think it's cool, but what you encounted IS real, and if you think you can control it your madly wrong because it will control you. Don't f up your life, trust me I've seen what they can do.

A gal I work with used one when she was in high school or college (I forget which), and asked it when she was going to die. It said she'd die at 55 by gunshot wound. So now she's terrified of guns. And married to a military man who owns a lot of guns. Go figure. LOL

Personally, I think they're evil. As for the ghost thing........meh. I've never had any experiences with anything "supernatural" so I can't really say. I don't believe, but I don't disbelieve either.

Back