Other Side of the Coin

yingying said:
But when you were reading that upsetting words ,you tended to be silent ;and now when you are reading the words of mine and the words of achinese you tend to be very serious. Do you think it is true?

What do you mean exactly? That they made a bouillon with arms in it? I don't know if it is true... but it could be. And that is enough for me. As you said: the world can be "an evil place" and I am not surprised if it is true. Men never seize to amaze me with the horrible things they think of next.

This thread is NOT critical. In point of fact I am stating WHAT I LIKE ABOUT CHINA. Good god how can I make this any clearer?

bulldogg said:
It was a joke, humour, lighten up just a little... see the smiley face?

Back on topic...

The final thing I truly enjoy and the only real reason I am still working and living here is the extremely low cost of living. To put this into perspective let me explain my own circumstances. I live in a three bedroom, two full bathroom western style apartment with hard wood floors throughout, nice crown moulding, built-in cabinets and shelving. Two balconies fore and aft and the total area is 160 square meters. I have air conditioning and a kitchen with gas heated hot water in all my taps and a gas stove with oven. My rent each month is only $125 USD. My utilities including high speed broadband internet, gas, water and electrical come to less than $250 for three adults living there. I have a full time maid which costs me only $75 a month and a driver with a new Toyota Camry on call for $150 a month. I eat like a king and do not want for anything. Aussie beef, French wines, Italian cheeses... you name I buy it. I love to eat. And I spend less than $300 a month on food for three people.

In the end each month I am able to put away in savings at the bank a full one third of my monthly salary. I could not do this on my salary back in the US, even if I cut out all the opulence.

Oh rich guy eh? :p

Back