Organic Foods No Healthier Than Regular Food - Page 2

--
Organic Foods No Healthier Than Regular Food

August 1st, 2009  
bulldogg

Organic just means the farmer took a dump in his field rather than using processed fertiliser.
August 1st, 2009  
A Can of Man

I never bought them anyway.
August 2nd, 2009  
bulldogg

I do organic gardening.
--
August 2nd, 2009  
A Can of Man

Yeah I keep some plants indoors. Beans and mint right now.
August 2nd, 2009  
major liability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solideo
What to say about that... If I am a full complete investigators laboratory od a prestige university and comes a famous beer company paying me to find all great and wonderful things that liquid element has paying me and my equipe a lot of money for a year investigation...I am for sure I will find lots of benefits for beer drinkers, because I look for the best of it.

Otherway, if the study is asked for Anonims Alcoholic rehabilitators and the payment is the same, the same scientific laboratory will find all the worst of the same beer.

Best
"Scientific" propaganda starts with the answer and works from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
Organic just means the farmer took a dump in his field rather than using processed fertiliser.
Some of the fertilizer they use should really not be used. Processed municipal sludge, for example. Do not want people manure (and probably traces of their medication) in my food, thanks.
August 2nd, 2009  
A Can of Man

You realize that we moved to artificial fertilizer PRECISELY because animal and human fertilizer was unhealthy right?
A good deal of my relatives were farmers even up to about ten years ago (since then most have moved onto other things) but I remember how cow and human faeces were used as fertilizer way back in the day and the eggs of parasites would find their way into the vegetables and hatch inside your stomach when you ate it. At least that was the general belief.
But that's why a switch to artificial fertilizer was made: natural fertilizer is friggin' disgusting.
August 2nd, 2009  
-- Dusty

Exactly. 13thRedneck may be Korean, but he's a true redneck!

People totally miss the micro-bios in human sewage that has lead to a number of illnesses. Cow manure, that's one thing. Human manure, save it for the elections. That's all it's good for!
August 2nd, 2009  
A Can of Man

Didn't spend much time but I have spent SOME time working on farms and stuff.
Seriously, now that people have brought it up, the only folks who'd eat that organic stuff are people who've never seen a farm.
It's like the advocates of wet rice farming... they're the ones who have never set foot inside a wet rice paddy! That stuff is a nasty mosquito factory. Thank GOD they made a move over to the dry rice farming. It's cleaner, uses less water and makes for less mosquitos (though on a farm, you'll just never win).