Optical Camouflage

bet it will never see use in military operations.
i imagine it would be far too expensive to be issued to anyone but the highest level special forces and even then im skeptical

Locke said:
bet it will never see use in military operations.
i imagine it would be far too expensive to be issued to anyone but the highest level special forces and even then im skeptical

The IR absorbing camoflage technology is already present so there are no reason for this to be developed and tested for military usage. Though I agree with your post on the economical aspect.

Cammo Technology

Is anyone aware of the development of camouflage technology that enables the clothing worn by a person to mirror its surroundings a la the movie Predator thereby rendering the wearer principally invisible? I heard something about this several years ago once from a semi-reliable source. Thanks.

yes there is a thread some where here on the website. i cant remember where exaclly, but if you do a search you might find it. the cammo that you are talking about is still in the very beginning of developement and i cant see it being used in a combat role, because it just doesnt work all that well, and all the equipment would have to have cammo on it too or you would just look like the invisibleman.

There was some guy at Tokyo University who devleloped an "invisibility jacket," but considering they had to use a projector and carefully control background conditions, I think it is pretty much useless for combat. I don't think light-warping tech is anywhere near advanced enough to provide Predator-style cloaking, but I'm sure we'll have active camo that changes its appearance depending on the surroundings like a chameleon in a decade or two.

There was something on the history channel about fake muscles worn over the skin that would give you super human strength. Have you boys heard about that?

CanadianCombat said:
yes there is a thread some where here on the website. i cant remember where exaclly, but if you do a search you might find it. the cammo that you are talking about is still in the very beginning of developement and i cant see it being used in a combat role, because it just doesnt work all that well, and all the equipment would have to have cammo on it too or you would just look like the invisibleman.

major liability said:
There was some guy at Tokyo University who devleloped an "invisibility jacket," but considering they had to use a projector and carefully control background conditions, I think it is pretty much useless for combat.

Gentlemen, I have found both of those threads that you all have mentioned. Since those threads are related to the new thread started by System Bolaget, I merged them into one thread. Enjoy

Doody

Back