Opposing JROTC

I dont really know what to say about this. It really kindof pisses me off about how so many people are against the military these days.

Stupid people don't udnertsnad that the military helps make good citizens.

In the city south of me Pomona, Ca, gang violence is rampant. And the JROTC programs have gotten kids who would be in those gangs off the street, and have helped them become better citizens.

I would fight for a JROTC program at my school.

educated many other students about the negative aspects of this training, helped increase parental involvement, and wrote letters to the school board.

So getting fat kids in shape is a bad thing...

Sea_Cadet said:
Stupid people don't udnertsnad that the military helps make good citizens.

In the city south of me Pomona, Ca, gang violence is rampant. And the JROTC programs have gotten kids who would be in those gangs off the street, and have helped them become better citizens.

I would fight for a JROTC program at my school.

educated many other students about the negative aspects of this training, helped increase parental involvement, and wrote letters to the school board.

So getting fat kids in shape is a bad thing...

Must be, Must be...

I'd like to see what the kids (who opposed JROTC) do in their spare time. Other then keep other students from persuing what they want to do. :cen: liberals

airmanpatroler said:
Well there was fieriece opposition against AFJROTC at my school, but that was primarily due to funding and space

But this was because "The Military sends bad messages to kids" BS

I :cen:ing hate the :cen: ing :cen: public nowdays!!! They're all a bunch of left wing tree-hugging panzies! The Royal Canadian Air Cadets are taking some pretty big blows from the public as well, which results in less-militaristic training.

They claim that the military is "evil" and only join for power or money or something like that. Last time I checked I havent seen horns sticking out of our troops helmets!

Xm 8 said:
They claim that the military is "evil" and only join for power or money or something like that. Last time I checked I havent seen horns sticking out of our troops helmets!

maybe we don't look hard enough. lol

Xm 8 said:

The military does not pay that good anyways.

That depends on how you look at it. Soldiers don't have taxes taken out of their pay check. As well the military provides most of what you need. ($100 tax free is better than $5,000 taxed)

clark130 said:
The military does not pay that good anyways.

Coming out of Annapolis, for example, or any of the service academies, an Ensign or 2nd Lieutenant makes about $30,000 a year, not including allowances. Add that to the fact that it's nontaxed, that salary is a damn good deal.

wow....
to bad the most militaristic thing we do is wear a uniform once a week

yep, we're pure evil, and we're going to help in G.W.'s plot to "sell hawaii"

and people wonder why i pretty much hate everyone that isnt in JROTC or another cadet program at my school.... :?

what i don't get is why sell hawaii for money? what if japan decides to attack us from there. new islands are forming because of volcanic activity wich means more airports for there air force or w/e

Back