--

May 23rd, 2005  
rotc boy

i put it in "quotations" for a reason, i was being sarcastic
May 23rd, 2005  
LIBERTY

[quote="clark130"]
Quote:
The military does not pay that good anyways.
Well actually they do, it all depends on what you do in the military. I was also refering to the benefits of the military too.
May 23rd, 2005  
LIBERTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe252
what i don't get is why sell hawaii for money? what if japan decides to attack us from there. new islands are forming because of volcanic activity wich means more airports for there air force or w/e
We're selling Hawaii?!?!
--
May 24th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xm 8
Quote:
what i don't get is why sell hawaii for money? what if japan decides to attack us from there. new islands are forming because of volcanic activity wich means more airports for there air force or w/e
We're selling Hawaii?!?!

NO, NO, No, noobne is selling Hawaii. It was a Sarcastic Joke! (next time make a "joke alert" so people know what to get out of something)
May 24th, 2005  
LIBERTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFAUX2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xm 8
Quote:
We're selling Hawaii?!?!

NO, NO, No, noobne is selling Hawaii. It was a Sarcastic Joke! (next time make a "joke alert" so people know what to get out of something)

opps
May 24th, 2005  
rotc boy

heres your siiign
May 24th, 2005  
Cadet_Shelton

(Back to the matter at hand... )

The people who don't support JROTC or the military probably don't take much count in this quote:

" People sleep peacably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -Orson Wells

I personally haven't witnessed any malice toward JROTC except on the internet. Anywhere I go people are always very nice and appreciate what we do for the community.
May 24th, 2005  
LIBERTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadet_Shelton
I personally haven't witnessed any malice toward JROTC except on the internet. Anywhere I go people are always very nice and appreciate what we do for the community.
Well same here. But it also depends where you live.
June 1st, 2005  
cPFC/SAJROTC

We very recently had a woman here in Alaska write a letter to the editor opposing JROTC. Myself and another cadet were succesful in organizing a counter offensive that has had letters appear in the local news paper for the past 8 days running.

The problem is these people who oppose JROTC are often ignorant of the facts about it. Most have never truely spoken to a cadet or examined the program. Of course, they havent been very succesful in defeating it on a broadscale, which is why we're still here, but remember, a few cadets who rally can defeat any of these assaults on our program, no matter the hostility.
June 3rd, 2005  
LIBERTY

Ignorance is the only reason people protest these programs.