Opposing JROTC

Joe252 said:
what i don't get is why sell hawaii for money? what if japan decides to attack us from there. new islands are forming because of volcanic activity wich means more airports for there air force or w/e

We're selling Hawaii?!?!

Xm 8 said:
Joe252 said:
what i don't get is why sell hawaii for money? what if japan decides to attack us from there. new islands are forming because of volcanic activity wich means more airports for there air force or w/e

We're selling Hawaii?!?!

NO, NO, No, noobne is selling Hawaii. It was a Sarcastic Joke! (next time make a "joke alert" so people know what to get out of something)

USAFAUX2004 said:
Xm 8 said:
Joe252 said:

We're selling Hawaii?!?!

NO, NO, No, noobne is selling Hawaii. It was a Sarcastic Joke! (next time make a "joke alert" so people know what to get out of something)

:lol: opps

(Back to the matter at hand... :roll: )

The people who don't support JROTC or the military probably don't take much count in this quote:

" People sleep peacably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -Orson Wells

I personally haven't witnessed any malice toward JROTC except on the internet. Anywhere I go people are always very nice and appreciate what we do for the community.

Cadet_Shelton said:
I personally haven't witnessed any malice toward JROTC except on the internet. Anywhere I go people are always very nice and appreciate what we do for the community.

Well same here. But it also depends where you live.

We very recently had a woman here in Alaska write a letter to the editor opposing JROTC. Myself and another cadet were succesful in organizing a counter offensive that has had letters appear in the local news paper for the past 8 days running.

The problem is these people who oppose JROTC are often ignorant of the facts about it. Most have never truely spoken to a cadet or examined the program. Of course, they havent been very succesful in defeating it on a broadscale, which is why we're still here, but remember, a few cadets who rally can defeat any of these assaults on our program, no matter the hostility.

i don't see why so many people are against it. the military is saves these stupid people half the time. at least we want to be someone, and make something of our lives. I mean look at all the kids who become nothing after high school, if they even pass. they should let us have the freedom to at least have this program. everyone has there one beliefs and feelings, doesn't mean everyone else has to suffer because others don't like it. THATS STUPID!!!

wow poeple think that they have it all figured out. half these kids are prolly going into the military with or without JROTC, and the others have a choice wether to join or not. I know that it was my choice to go in, my choice to want to become a marine, its not like its something you get from a thing being at your school. I'm sorry but parents right about now suck, during these times people should more than ever support their troops and the government. Maybe america has more freedom then what it should be when it comes to people like this....

These morons recently staged a protest over at our local recruiting station but then our Naval science Instructor got on the news and plainly said that he has never had a recruiter threaten or badger one of his students.

Cadet Chief Robot said:
I'd like to see what the kids (who opposed JROTC) do in their spare time. Other then keep other students from persuing what they want to do. :cen: liberals

Completely agree

.......WOW. Some people dont know that the military isnt a bad thing...Many people are jealous because the either dont have the physical requrements or they just dont know how to think independently and have to rely on their parents for all thought.

LIBERTY said:
I dont really know what to say about this. It really kindof pisses me off about how so many people are against the military these days.
I know, they(armed forces people) are out there defending them and they don't want a JROTC in there! Why that is happening is because they think JROTC is all like boot camp and dangerous shooting program. When they just go off and judge it like its boot camp and stuff and thats not right. They don;t even know that it is JROTC and it's not a program to RECRUIT anyone. ROTC is but still anyway, some people like JROTC because it gives them something to do too.

Oh well. What language would we be speaking if the Armed Forces hadnt existed during the time of the American Revolution, or other wars that the US has been in? If the military didnt exist, people wouldnt be typing drafts of opposing JROTC because there wouldnt be any JROTC. Many Americans neglect the simple freedom of being able to buy a different type of computer, or being able to type on a website about the military, or being able to live your own life without the government deciding every aspect of it. When the Russians and Chinese came to America for the Olympics in 2002, they were shocked to find that the U.S had more than one brand of shoe and more than one brand of clothing. They said that back in their home country, they couldnt even find a different color of the same type of shoe. Thats how lucky we Americans are. The fact that we have a freedom of choice is huge...but we just take advantage of this freedom..To those who oppose JROTC, I say move to China.

Back