Opinions sought on women in the military

Enquring_Minds

Greetings,
As part of a group, I am currently working on a senior thesis for my degree which proposes that
'Women in the 21st century have been presented with a standard of perfection in the workplace that is unobtainable.'

We are looking at numerous industries and one of my focuses is the military. It would be splendid if I could get some feedback on the following questions to assist on determining the validity or the inaccuracy of the thesis as applied to the military.

1/ Obviously, the first question is whether you think this is true of the military? Is the highest level of standard/achievement plausible for women in the military?

2/ Why/why not?

3/ Personally, what would you consider the 'perfect' accomplishment/level of achievement of your military career?

4/ In general, what do you think society believes to be the 'perfect military female'?

5/ What was your motivation to join the military?

6/ What do you think the stereotypical image of a woman in the military is both here in the US and abroad?

7/ What do you think the stereotypical image of a civilian woman is both here in the US and abroad?

8/ What effects or impacts (positive or negative) do these stereotypes have for military personnel?

9/ What are the most noticeable/detrimental inequalities between the sexes serving in the military?

10/ Do you have, or know anyone that has children, and if so, how has it affected your/there military experience?

11/ What do you think needs to be changed, and how could it be accomplished?

If you are interested, respond here or email your opinions to
21stcenturywomenthesis@gmail.com

Thank you, your assistance is much appreciated, as is your contribution to our great country.

Back