Opinion of Re-enacting/Reason?

Patrick

I've participated in two re-enactments...both the American Civil War. I did so to better understand the tactics of that time period. What I realized was that it was extremely chaotic, loud, and one needed to be in considerably good shape.
I would like to get other's opinions on why they re-enact, what their opinions are on re-enacting, and what the differences are between those units considered "hardcore" or those that are a bit more "family orientated".
Thanks for the information,
Patrick

To Honor those who served
..be their voices, because they had no chance of their own
..celebrated their victories
.. cry over their losses
..bring closure to their families
.. tell the truth

Ich hatt' einen Kameraden, Presente !

I have been participating in medieval re-enactment groups for about 20 years and there are a variety of reasons to do them.

1) They are fun.
2) They teach history.
3) They promote physical fitness.
4) They honor peoples accomplishments.
5) They provide the opportunity to learn about your fellow human.
6) They promote team work.
7) They increase your mental awareness.

I could go on, but I hope you get the point. They provide for me a bunch of benefits that help me in myunderstanding of my self and humankind.

I have been participating in medieval re-enactment groups for about 20 years and there are a variety of reasons to do them.

1) They are fun.
2) They teach history.
3) They promote physical fitness.
4) They honor peoples accomplishments.
5) They provide the opportunity to learn about your fellow human.
6) They promote team work.
7) They increase your mental awareness.

I could go on, but I hope you get the point. They provide for me a bunch of benefits that help me in myunderstanding of my self and humankind.

What type of renacment WWII? Well at Knox they do a superb WWII and Veitnam renacment the Patton museum lends the acts vehicles and weapons from the period, like Shermans, White Halftracks, M551's, Ontos, M60's, M113's, ect....

I'm looking into doing the Nam one my self.

Back