Opinion of the new JSF(joint strike fighter)

Nice for what its intended to do, being a stealthy bombtruck with the capacity to defend it self. A stealth F-16 basically.

The dumbed down export versions will not be worth it though, if you cant get full stealth, why bother? Then you can just buy EF-2000/Rafale/Gripen instead.

It's basically a close air support version of the F-22 Raptor....me likey. Besides, any airplane with a swivel engine is just scary....it just is

It's going to the Navy and will in effect be a cross between the Harrier and the F-22. What's not to like?

It should replace the Tomcat, which is aging and the older models have been suffering mechanical problems for a while.

JagSeal said:
It's going to the Navy and will in effect be a cross between the Harrier and the F-22. What's not to like?

It should replace the Tomcat, which is aging and the older models have been suffering mechanical problems for a while.

Actually the Tomcat is being replaced with the F/A-18F "Super" Bug :(

Nothing will replace the A10 for a pretty long time, the F35 was not designed as a close-support tank buster- the A10 was. JSF will not be able to take the punishment the A10 can.

Didn't the British buy a bunch, and then found out that they're too big for their carriers?

Ah, here we go. heh.

...Wow. Talk about brutal incompetence...spend a lot of money without knowing if the aircraft you're buying will work on your carriers :?

Animal Mother said:
Nice for what its intended to do, being a stealthy bombtruck with the capacity to defend it self. A stealth F-16 basically.

The dumbed down export versions will not be worth it though, if you cant get full stealth, why bother? Then you can just buy EF-2000/Rafale/Gripen instead.
I hear we are getting the full version :D There are still politicians talking about the Eurofighter, but they just need to stfu. EF development started in the late 70s. It'll be outperformed and outclassed by the JSF. Then we're better of with the block 50 F-16s we have now.

Marksman said:
Who is gonna use it?only USA and Brits,or even somebody else?
Read my previous post again, we're going to get it. (There're still people against it, but I don't think the decision will be overturned.) The US wants our nation in the pact, because the technique used to glue the thing together is invented and patented by a Dutch company.

I think the JSF is a good aircraft. It's relatively inexpensive (or so I've heard) and it's a V/STOL. How much better can you get?

NCdt Steliga said:
I think the JSF is a good aircraft. It's relatively inexpensive (or so I've heard) and it's a V/STOL. How much better can you get?
As far as I now, it's not a V/STOL, there is talk about making V/STOL versions. But the standard version will be taking off conventional.

Back