Rabs

Control room USS Ronald Reagan
009-valiant-shield-2006usn.jpg

Three DDGs lined up
032-valiant-shield-2006usn.jpg

Entire Force
038-valiant-shield-2006usn.jpg

This operation had chinese and aussie observers along.:CG:

Thats the entire force? Other than the three carriers and the bomber, not very impressive...

Thats the entire force? Other than the three carriers and the bomber, not very impressive...

What you see in that picture not including the bomber could easily hold its own against any navy in the world

Ronin said:
Not very impressive? A single air craft carrier is like a small air base. In that pic alone we got 2 of them, and 6 Aegis ships. Then there's that friggin B2!

Mohmar Deathstrike said:
Not very impressive? A single air craft carrier is like a small air base. In that pic alone we got 2 of them, and 6 Aegis ships. Then there's that friggin B2!

Did I not say besides the carriers and the bomber?

Other than that, it really isnt that impressive.

Rabs said:
Then you know absloutely nothing.

Yes, make a claim such as that based on one comment. Thats pretty damn audacioius of you, buddy.

Compared to exercises put on display by the Russians and Chinese recently, that is absolutely not impressive.

I'd appreciate it if you kept the insults to a minimum. I don't need to have an argument with someone like you.

The last wargame China and Russia had was so completely different to this you cant compare them. And thats what they want you to think, that they're better. Take everybit of their propaganda w/ a grain of salt.

No, its not the propaganda aspect that I am refering to, its the sheer impact you want to make with these wargames. Unless I am mistaken, the point of this exercies is to flex some muscle at China, and the best way to make that point is with a grand scale.

And they are comprable, as they are both meant to be a show of force.

Last edited:
Ronin said:

Ah okay. Still though, those AEGIS Destroyers can pack a punch too!
Ronin said:
Yes, make a claim such as that based on one comment. Thats pretty damn audacioius of you, buddy.

Compared to exercises put on display by the Russians and Chinese recently, that is absolutely not impressive.

I'd appreciate it if you kept the insults to a minimum. I don't need to have an argument with someone like you.
Ah, now that you've specified the context, I might agree with you!

Mohmar Deathstrike said:
Ah okay. Still though, those AEGIS Destroyers can pack a punch too!
Ah, now that you've specified the context, I might agree with you!

The Aegis certainly is one mean machine.

And yea, my fault, I didn't specify exactly what I meant by impressive.

USA doesn't have large wargames anymore, they're not necessary towards modern warfare and it sends messages to foreign nations that America is showing off it's force for some reason. If it was scheduled long ago then i think it was a training excercise pure and simple. If it was very recent then it was meant to scare NK a little bit. America even had chinese delegates at this event, so maybe they're trying to spread influence in east asia at this moment.

WarMachine said:
USA doesn't have large wargames anymore, they're not necessary towards modern warfare and it sends messages to foreign nations that America is showing off it's force for some reason. If it was scheduled long ago then i think it was a training excercise pure and simple. If it was very recent then it was meant to scare NK a little bit. America even had chinese delegates at this event, so maybe they're trying to spread influence in east asia at this moment.
Or maybe they wanted to show off to the Chinese how awesome their forces are. In the middle ages, during the height of Venice's commercial and military maritime power, they would invite foreign delegates to their naval shipyards to show them all the ships being built in parallel.

China has lots of influence on NK, more than any other country. Maybe US hopes to show china their capabilities in order for them to relay these concerns to NK. The chinese delegates said that this was a positive step for US - China relationships, so i don't think we were trying to intimidate the chinese.

China has lots of influence on NK, more than any other country. Maybe US hopes to show china their capabilities in order for them to relay these concerns to NK. The chinese delegates said that this was a positive step for US - China relationships, so i don't think we were trying to intimidate the chinese.
What? The North Koreans arent completely retarded they realize our capabilites to defeat there navy, this excersise was most defintely used to intimidate the Chinese. "Hey look, dont try cross the Taiwan straight now ya hear?"

You can be intimidateing without being outwardely aggressive.

Ronin said:

Do you realize how much firepower one boomer alone has? It's enough for the total obliteration of several small countries, then it reloads. A carrier is a large can of whoopass just waiting to be opened by a fool. Everything that you don't see in that picture is literally hell fire on Earth.

Back