Operation Phantom Fury, The Attack on Fallujah - Page 7

--

November 15th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

No clue how many Iraqi units will be occupying Fallujah....
November 15th, 2004  
Big_Z

I understand what your saying about respect aussiejohn. It takes allot of courage to stand up to US marines when you know your probally going to die. But you have to remember that our guys are over there getting killed by road side bombs and getting shot in their back. For your short on guys question I know the Indiana NG is getting ready to ship out some MP and infantry units.
November 15th, 2004  
AussieNick

I think what AussieJohn means is that you've gotta recognise the fact that it takes a lot of guts or a lot of stupidity to stand up to the shear weight of forces against them. And as it's been said "all the stupid ones are dead", so now only the crafty and brave are left.
--
November 15th, 2004  
Redleg

Some more news from Fallujah:

Quote:
FALLUJA, Iraq (Reuters) - U.S. warplanes, artillery and mortars struck areas across Falluja Monday as groups of diehard insurgents held out to the last in the week-long battle.

Read more...
Iraqi interim Prime Minister Iyad Allawi has said he doesn't believe any civilians were killed in the offensive, which has left 38 U.S. soldiers, 6 Iraqi troops and more than 1,200 insurgents dead. But witness accounts contradicted him.

A member of an Iraqi relief committee told Al Jazeera television he saw 22 bodies buried in rubble in Falluja's northern Jolan district Sunday.

"Of the 22 bodies, five were found in one house as well as two children whose ages did not exceed 15 and a man with an artificial leg," Mohammed Farhan Awad said.
November 15th, 2004  
A Can of Man

I think it would be a very hard sell to make anyone believe that no civilians were killed in that fighting.
November 15th, 2004  
Big_Z

I like how they threw in the artificial leg bit.
November 15th, 2004  
DTop

Al Jazeera, now there's a reliable and objective source of truth
November 15th, 2004  
Young Winston

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTop
Al Jazeera, now there's a reliable and objective source of truth
Like CNN!
November 15th, 2004  
Redleg

Or almost any other news source out there...
November 15th, 2004  
beardo

anyone see the videos of US marines shooting wounded iraquis in falluja today? one reminded me of the end of ''full metal jacket''

what do you think will happen cos of this?

no doubt more protesters and pressure fromall sides for blair and bush to deal with