Operation Phantom Fury, The Attack on Fallujah - Page 6

--

November 14th, 2004  
DTop

I am a military man and I will never have a modicum of respect for animals that are responsible for kidnappings, torture, beheadings, car bombings of innocent civilians, etc.
How can anyone respect those responsible for the following latest incident which is merely the latest in a long line of atrocities? Not me.

Quote:
By EDWARD HARRIS, Associated Press Writer

FALLUJAH, Iraq - U.S. Marines on Sunday found the mutilated body of what they believe was a Western woman during a sweep of a street in central Fallujah.

The body was lying in the street covered with a blood-soaked cloth. Marines fear the body may have been boobytrapped and called in dogs to sniff for explosives.

Although the body has not been carefully examined, a Marine officer who spoke on condition of anonymity said he was "80 percent sure" it was a Western woman.

Two Western women are known to have been kidnapped in Iraq (news - web sites).

Margaret Hassan, 59, director of CARE international in Iraq, was abducted Oct. 19. Teresa Borcz Khalifa, 54, a Polish-born longtime resident of Iraq, was seized last month.

Kidnappers of both had demanded among other things that foreign troops leave Iraq.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...q_woman_s_body
November 14th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

But US is equally responsible! what about the countless abuses by the US!!!

Just kidding.

But yes Dtop, I agree. aussiejohn, that's hilarious that you ask us to give respect to these "brave insurgents" they are terrorist, nothing is brave about facing incredible odds so you can murder civilians. They don't fear death at all, anyways. They bask in the thought of martyrdom...
November 15th, 2004  
Young Winston

Are they all terrorists?

Sure, I read the papers and get a fair idea of the atrocities. The Fallujah operation has been "well advertised" for months, so the insurgents knew the US was coming in after the US election. They would have been making their own plans on getting a lot of their people out. I think there leadership group is reasonably intelligent (even though we may disagree with their motives and the actions of some). Give them some respect for there planning ability and never underestimate your enemy. Emotion can cloud your judgement.

Well I guess you guys are going to do it tough then. I still think you are short by at least 2 divisions in Iraq. Your trained up Iraqi units are still too unreliable.

Enjoy your new real estate.

I actually do want to see you guys win!
--
November 15th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

They're not stupid, they seem to have a pretty good network of cells capable of launching multiple attacks across the country, though the amount of damage they're capable per "operation" seems pretty low, to me anyways.

I'll never use the word respect, though. It doesn't matter to me, whether those in Fallujah are fighting for "liberation" or something, it doesn't matter, because they gave the terrorist sanctuary with themselves. That soils any "noble resistance" in my eyes. Not to mention that their cause goes towards a totalitarian regime much like, or even worse than Saddam's.
November 15th, 2004  
Young Winston

OK I guess we will agree to disagree on the respect bit.

Do you think you have enough divisions now Fallujah is going to soak up a lot of US soldiers for security duty?
November 15th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

We're not supposed to garrison much of it for long, the Iraqi army is supposed to take control. I have no clue for how long we will stay..
November 15th, 2004  
Damien435

Russia is the greatest teacher we have for dealing with Iraq, look at how they mishandled Chechnya when fighting once again broke out, they landed on the Chechens with both feet, unfortunately for them it was not that Chechens who were fighting them, it was Muslims coming up from the Middle East, foreign fighters, sound familar? We could afford to take use extreme force against Falluja because it was for the most part abandoned and the parts that were not under Iraqi control were under control of the insurgents, not many civilians. I would also like to see the soldiers in Iraq doing for a**kicking but unfortunately that will most likely have dire consequences, we will see what happens when I get there.
November 15th, 2004  
Young Winston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
Russia is the greatest teacher we have for dealing with Iraq, look at how they mishandled Chechnya when fighting once again broke out, they landed on the Chechens with both feet, unfortunately for them it was not that Chechens who were fighting them, it was Muslims coming up from the Middle East, foreign fighters, sound familar? We could afford to take use extreme force against Falluja because it was for the most part abandoned and the parts that were not under Iraqi control were under control of the insurgents, not many civilians. I would also like to see the soldiers in Iraq doing for a**kicking but unfortunately that will most likely have dire consequences, we will see what happens when I get there.
Perhaps then Damien (the forums very own Bomber Harris!) the US should have carpet bombed Fallujah!

Which soldiers should get an "a** kicking"?

Can at least one of you guys with the military brains give us all a cold and sober assessment of the trained up Iraqi units that are to take over security in the recently gained real estate?

I read a media report (not sure I can trust it) of a US officer stating that when they go into an operation with these Iraqi units these boys spray bullets everywhere, hitting the locals as well some of the designated targets. Obviously, he was not impressed with what he had to work with!
November 15th, 2004  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiejohn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
Perhaps then Damien (the forums very own Bomber Harris!) the US should have carpet bombed Fallujah!
Not enough insurgents in Falluja to warrant such an action, remember, their were still something like 120,000 civilians stuck in the city, we are not trying to kill everyone in Falluja, just the insurgents, aka the ones with the guns.
November 15th, 2004  
Young Winston

Damien,I added some more to my post.