Operation Phantom Fury, The Attack on Fallujah

I understand what your saying about respect aussiejohn. It takes allot of courage to stand up to US marines when you know your probally going to die. But you have to remember that our guys are over there getting killed by road side bombs and getting shot in their back. For your short on guys question I know the Indiana NG is getting ready to ship out some MP and infantry units.

I think what AussieJohn means is that you've gotta recognise the fact that it takes a lot of guts or a lot of stupidity to stand up to the shear weight of forces against them. And as it's been said "all the stupid ones are dead", so now only the crafty and brave are left.

Some more news from Fallujah:

FALLUJA, Iraq (Reuters) - U.S. warplanes, artillery and mortars struck areas across Falluja Monday as groups of diehard insurgents held out to the last in the week-long battle.

Read more...

Iraqi interim Prime Minister Iyad Allawi has said he doesn't believe any civilians were killed in the offensive, which has left 38 U.S. soldiers, 6 Iraqi troops and more than 1,200 insurgents dead. But witness accounts contradicted him.

A member of an Iraqi relief committee told Al Jazeera television he saw 22 bodies buried in rubble in Falluja's northern Jolan district Sunday.

"Of the 22 bodies, five were found in one house as well as two children whose ages did not exceed 15 and a man with an artificial leg," Mohammed Farhan Awad said.

anyone see the videos of US marines shooting wounded iraquis in falluja today? one reminded me of the end of ''full metal jacket''

what do you think will happen cos of this?

no doubt more protesters and pressure fromall sides for blair and bush to deal with

beardo said:
anyone see the videos of US marines shooting wounded iraquis in falluja today? one reminded me of the end of ''full metal jacket''

what do you think will happen cos of this?

no doubt more protesters and pressure fromall sides for blair and bush to deal with

One marine shot a wounded terrorist, the marine had gotten wounded himself yesterday, who knows, maybe he just had a split second of rage.

Of course, the world will play it like the greatest sin to mankind.

Ive seen 2 seperate ones today...and have been told of more

and no sry dont have a link saw them on the news on TV

Considering the terrorist are playing dirty, such as faking surrenders with white flags or faking injury and then shooting at the marines once they get close enough, it's no wonder a few marines are edgy.

Plus, i've heard just before the execution one of the marine's buddies just got blown up from a bomb hidden in a corpse.

Links men we need links. I thought this was started so people could post links to different sites in regards to the current Operation in Iraq instead it has turned into a talk fest with no links. I dont mind the chatter but put your links in.

PLEASE

Big_Z said:
I understand what your saying about respect aussiejohn. It takes allot of courage to stand up to US marines when you know your probally going to die. But you have to remember that our guys are over there getting killed by road side bombs and getting shot in their back. For your short on guys question I know the Indiana NG is getting ready to ship out some MP and infantry units.

Thanks for that Big-Z.

My sources tell me that 101st Airbourne may be heading over to Iraq or the Stan next April. Not confirmed as yet.

That video? I bet it will be widely discussed throughout the world. This is bad face for the U.S. Military. So much for liberation..... :?

Back