Somebody made a new thread about it.
November 16th, 2004  
Young Winston

CHECK THAT VIDEO OUT!!! WOW!!!
November 16th, 2004  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott.moore
Links men we need links. I thought this was started so people could post links to different sites in regards to the current Operation in Iraq instead it has turned into a talk fest with no links. I dont mind the chatter but put your links in.
PLEASE
Agree!

This thread is for news from Fallujah, WITH links/sources please.
--
November 16th, 2004  
DTop

An update on the progress of the investigation.
Quote:
The judge advocate general heading the investigation, Lieutenant Colonel Bob Miller, said that depending on the evidence, it could be reasonable to conclude the Marine was acting in self-defence.

“The policy of the rules of engagement authorise the Marines to use force when presented with a hostile act or hostile intent,” Miller said. “So they would have to be using force in self-defence, yes.”

“Any wounded – in this case insurgents – who don’t pose a threat would not be considered hostile,” said Miller.

Charles Heyman, a senior defence analyst with Jane’s Consultancy Group in Britain, defended the Marine’s actions, saying it was possible the wounded man was concealing a firearm or grenade.

“You can hear the tension in those Marines’ voices. One is showing, ‘He’s faking it. He’s faking it,”’ Heyman said. “In a combat infantry soldier’s training, he is always taught that his enemy is at his most dangerous when he is severely wounded.”

If the injured man makes even the slightest move, “in my estimation they would be justified in shooting him.”
http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3765272
November 16th, 2004  
battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Does anyone here have an email account or something that can take in a file just under 5 megabytes?
Hopefully a mod so they can find a way to have it posted here.

You should try making a new site on www.freewebs.com and posting it there. Either that or add me to msn and send me it.

Msn: Tom_peeps@hotmail.com
November 16th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Well the video's out now on the new thread.

Plus I don't think the Marine who shot that wounded guy should be jailed or punished. There have been too many incidents of "wounded" or "surrendering" guys popping up a nasty surprise.
November 16th, 2004  
Kane

Quote:
Plus I don't think the Marine who shot that wounded guy should be jailed or punished. There have been too many incidents of "wounded" or "surrendering" guys popping up a nasty surprise.
Sorry, but I strongly believe that soldier should be seriously punished. His orders were clear. The commanders gave clear restrictions of not to shoot unarmed Iraqis. That Soldier disobeyed rules of engagement.

Discipline is above else more important than expressing emotional rage.

Quote:
“The policy of the rules of engagement authorise the Marines to use force when presented with a hostile act or hostile intent,” Miller said. “So they would have to be using force in self-defence, yes.”
Judging from that video, there was no possible hostile intent taken place from that man.
November 16th, 2004  
A Can of Man

He could have been lying there waiting for Americans to show up so he could blow up when enough were close by.

Tough call dude.

Then again if you don't punish this, this might prompt others to just shoot at will.
November 16th, 2004  
Kane

Quote:
He could have
He could have, but never had because he was unarmed. Although it would may seem that this Marine have made a mistake, whether he did for intent or by accident this Marine deserves to be punished.
November 16th, 2004  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrecy
Quote:
He could have
He could have, but never had because he was unarmed. Although it would may seem that this Marine have made a mistake, whether he did for intent or by accident this Marine deserves to be punished.

Ever been in Combat Stud?

If you haven't you've got no business questioning the actions of this Marine or any other service member with boots on the ground there.