oorah! This Marine is HARDCORE!

Focus Fate

(Taken from Military.com)

"Never Stopped Fighting"

Here's an inspiring photograph and story we recently received:

Marine 1st Sergeant Brad Kasal (in the middle). This photo is from the most recent major offensive in Fallujah. 1stSgt. Kasal sacrificed his own safety to save a room full of fellow Marines. He ended up taking several AK rounds in the leg. Most of his lower leg was blown away but you can't tell it from this pic. He took rounds in the back which his armor saved him from. He took one round through his butt which passed through both cheeks leaving 4 holes in him. And he also took the brunt of a grenade blast. He jumped on top of a younger Marine to cover him from the fire. He killed the terrorist who did most of the damage to him and his men, and despite a massive loss of blood he never stopped fighting. Notice that he's still holding his pistol. He has been put in for the Medal of Honor for his actions on that day. He already has several Purple Hearts for previous battles throughout his career and he has turned some down so that he could stay with his unit. While in the hospital he has met President Bush, Donald Rumsfeld and several other celebrities. He said that Bush came in by himself and had a very long, sincere, and friendly visit with him.

050204_WoundedMarine.jpg

God Bless him! :rambo:

Oh man...I saw a thread on this at another board I went to and that Marine is :shock:.....especially how he's still got his pistol in hand in the picture. I hope he does get up for the Medal of Honor.

:rambo:

aussiejohn said:
So how do you know the guy he killed was a terrorist?????? :?

most know my views on the iraq war. but even i don't think it matters if it was insurgent/freedom fighter/terrorst or whatever. he took heavy fire, was wounded, returned fire, and killed his attacker. and the while protecting his squadmates

impressive

aussiejohn said:
So how do you know the guy he killed was a terrorist?????? :?

What brain fart would cause you to ask that question in response to this type of article? :?

Btw, that's rhetorical, so don't answer.

terrorist, soldier, murderer, who really cares? they're all the same IMO

but if true, that man deserves a promotion and a MoH

cool picture indeed, there need to be more and better videographers from the AP there, but that's asking a lot, some of the insurgent footage is okay sometimes...

Jim Goose said:
cool picture indeed, there need to be more and better videographers from the AP there, but that's asking a lot, some of the insurgent footage is okay sometimes...

Wouldn't be so cool if it was you.

Jim Goose said:
true, i'd feel stupid about being shot all over my ass in a country i didn't belong.

Feeling stupid should come natural to you. How about you show a little respect and save your political rantings for the proper threads. This isn't a request.

well i should have known these forums were under the control of some right wing bush loving fascist and i can't say i didn't have fun while i was here though.

later neo-cons, zionists, was fun. :rambo:

One thing I do feel sorry for him though not only with the chest wounds and such, since he got shot in the rear end for the next few weeks his visits to the heads or latrines are NOT going to be pleasent.
Poor guy...:(

Mod Edit: Do not moderate this board, use the report post option.

Yep he's entitled to his opinion - and so am I of him.

I think the leg will be more of a problem for him than the butt, frankly. Hope his leg can be saved but it doesn't sound like it.

Jim Goose said:
terrorist, soldier, murderer, who really cares? they're all the same IMO

WTF over? How you figure that?

Never mind I prolly don't even wanna know just noticed the flag.

Semper Fi 1st Sergeant.

Jim Goose said:
well i should have known these forums were under the control of some right wing bush loving fascist and i can't say i didn't have fun while i was here though.

later neo-cons, zionists, was fun. :rambo:

Member Jim Goose have been permanently banned.

I think this young trooper will be remembered for some time to come. Way to go Top, you should see the other guy.

Back