oorah! This Marine is HARDCORE!

Yep there's a man whose actions have spoken louder than any words. He's a man that all of us can be proud of.

Folks often forget the ferocity of war, that there are men like him sacrificing so much, almost on a daily basis... such sefless men are at the pinnacle of excellence.

Focus Fate said:
(Taken from Military.com)

"Never Stopped Fighting"

Here's an inspiring photograph and story we recently received:

Marine 1st Sergeant Brad Kasal (in the middle). This photo is from the most recent major offensive in Fallujah. 1stSgt. Kasal sacrificed his own safety to save a room full of fellow Marines. He ended up taking several AK rounds in the leg. Most of his lower leg was blown away but you can't tell it from this pic. He took rounds in the back which his armor saved him from. He took one round through his butt which passed through both cheeks leaving 4 holes in him. And he also took the brunt of a grenade blast. He jumped on top of a younger Marine to cover him from the fire. He killed the terrorist who did most of the damage to him and his men, and despite a massive loss of blood he never stopped fighting. Notice that he's still holding his pistol. He has been put in for the Medal of Honor for his actions on that day. He already has several Purple Hearts for previous battles throughout his career and he has turned some down so that he could stay with his unit. While in the hospital he has met President Bush, Donald Rumsfeld and several other celebrities. He said that Bush came in by himself and had a very long, sincere, and friendly visit with him.

God Bless him! :rambo:

That is an amazing story and it's wonderful to know that there are people in our armed forces with that much courage and determination. God Bless the USMC and all of the other branches.

Jim Goose said:
well i should have known these forums were under the control of some right wing bush loving fascist and i can't say i didn't have fun while i was here though.

later neo-cons, zionists, was fun. :rambo:

this coming from a guy living in a islamo-facist dictatorial nuclear hungry ayotollah theocracy?

anyway, nack to the point... this guy rocks... its amazing to see that in todays warped world some people have the fortitude to go above and beyond and risk their life for their comrades... MOH!

****edit, found a lentghier piece
http://www.blackfive.net/main/2005/02/brad_kasal_a_us.html

"God Bless the USMC and all of the other branches."

Heh, i have wondered about what if God was on another side? ;)

Or takes he any side at all? I heard bible denies service in any armed service, which is one main reason why Jehovah's wittnesses don't serve in any army for example.

Sea_Cadet said:
I almost thought this was about Chesty Puller, that kid is gonna be confined to his bed for awhile.

First Shirt usually isn't a kid, probably more than likely 03, Sooners. and my age.....

Either way, Semper Fi First Sgt, way to show them even an old Marine isn't something to mess with..... :shock:

I just hope he can keep his legs and have function restored in them... screw the medals man... I just want him to walk again.

last i heard they had his leg in a halo, hope for the best with that. he went straight in after high school and has 19 years service that makes him about 37, add maybe a year for time delay of stories etc.

What a great thread, it marks the passing of yet another hippie cool-aid drinker from our forum and the celebration of a man who is the pinnacle of what every one of us wishes we have inside of us as warriors.

Whispering Death said:
What a great thread, it marks the passing of yet another hippie cool-aid drinker from our forum and the celebration of a man who is the pinnacle of what every one of us wishes we have inside of us as warriors.

hell ya to that!

Also, I too hope he can use his leg again. Thats actually what I thought of when I read that it had been shot up badly. He deserves to be able to walk again! Oorah!

rocco said:
the_13th_redneck said:
I just hope he can keep his legs and have function restored in them... screw the medals man... I just want him to walk again.

well said

He probably wants his leg back just so he can go back out and hunt the rest of his enemies down. I hope I display courage like that when I join up.

C/Cpl. Chirico said:
we need another MOH recipient, there havent been many recently, and this country needs heroes.

Yeah, I believe none since '93 for the heroic actions of Master Sergeant Gary I. Gordon and Sergeant First Class Randall D. Shughart

Back