Is only American or European can defeat the aliens who invade the Earth?

What?

9043fed8f2d3572c6325296f8a13632760d0c3d6.jpg

Yeah, we are evil bastards, but quite nice occasionally

personally I lean towards the Aliens from the movie Aliens being the toughest movie one so far.

AliensMoreThanHuman.jpg

Personally, I think the "Alien" movies has got to be the creepiest and scary for me, with the exception of the Predator vs Alien ones...

As for the rest of it, well, its rather entertaining, thats all.

BTW, did anyone recall the movie Starman- Jeff Bridges played the leading role, I think. That is one one good extraterrestial movie...

OK, so he *is* spamming, but then its nothing dangerous, the site is a Chinese vid site, a bit like liveLeaks (google translated version following):

http://translate.google.es/translate?hl=es&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fo-ov.com%2Fshaque%2Fv%2Fid%2F437.html

So what? I was really getting pissed that he was kind of cross-posting through all the threads he had opened just to keep the ball rolling and to promote the link (which he deleted from his last posts, you can only see it still in the quotes: But hey, he learned!) but since my rant he has stopped doing that (he is still transporting the content from the other threads, but now in his own words (and MontyB: Never would I challenge someobody for not speaking perfect English, but in a response to a challenge from him and in expressively dedicated "troll mode" I think this was fair deal).

Back to the thread:

In the 60s I read a lot of SF short stories, and at this time the "alien invasion" was part of quite a lot of them, with interesting twists (well worthwile to read up on e.g. Theodore Sturgeon again). I remember some "invasions" that went wrong (from those stories) under aspects we dont usually nowadays apply when talking about it:

1. One story, had the aliens look for "Mickey Mouse" (as that was the clip they had captured on their planet and determined to be the dominant race on this planet), they completely ignored humans

2. Another one where humans were completely ignored (not completely: They got qalified as "interesting parasites of the dominating species" by the alien scientists) was when the unsuspecting aliens encountered a "dominating species" that did not communicate with them (or only on a very reduced, "honk!" like level) as they had decided cars were the obviously only species that did coherent movements from A to B on this planet and hence had to be the species to make contact with.

3. Another one had the guys watch us first from an orbit, and they decided they would not make contact as "the process of electing Earths´president" seemed too viciously violent to them, even though they thought the "new president", Cassius Clay, would have qualified for contact personally.

4. One where they decided to make contact ended in disaster for them: After Earth scientists had detected and deciphered a radio message that seemed heavily compressed (it was 1000x the speed of normal comms) and hade made contact via response, a meeting on Earth was arranged some years later. But, when the alien fleet (they had IIRC had to leave their planet by emergency and were the last of their species) was at the point of arrival, and the Earth politicians all were waiting at the arranged coordinates, all they got were some reports over radio of how the aliens got attacked by giant monsters and got slaughtered and what Hijos de Puta were the Earthlings for setting up such a trap: They were only 5 mm large, and their space ships had landed close to some cats on a farm who had fun massacring them all...

And so on. In the 70s this changed a bit, when the more "inner" invasions were explored by writers, the before mentioned Theodore Sturgeons´ "Green Monkey" from the "A Touch Of Strange" book being the most memorable I have read in this respect (and, overall, the most impacting short stories collection I have ever read until today, SF or not, nobody could compress ideas into a 5 minutes read at the same time inciting your imagination like he did... its ´50s, though, and maybe not the best example for ppl like Philp K. Dick in the 70s).

I remember there was a political formation in the US arguing that TS was writing about homosexuals when referring to his protagonist and banning him from publishing, but anybody understanding his Hemmingway style and his strictly SF background would have got the gist instantly if not blinded by some ideology, and in the end he got well published in Europe (UK and Germany): Aliens beneath us (and the US citizens mistaking them for gays)!

The best part is when this "all understanding" (but misinterpreting) US guy explains to the protagonist how to survive between men: "My advice to you: Be a man. Not any old man, not mankind, but manhood. To do this you dont´t have to play pro football and grow hair on your chest and seduce every third woman... -snip-... All you have to do is hunt, fish (or talk about it) and go bug eyed when the girls go by. If a sunset impresses you so much you have to express yourself, do it with a grunt and a dirty word. -snip-". To which the protagonist answers: "It seems you hate human beings"... :)

Luckily today its available on the net (I lost my hard cover copy), so if you feel like reading up on what had me impressed as a teenager (it was not *that* part, precisely, but rather the forearm part), here you go (this is the whole "Touch of Strange", all the rest also well worthwile reading, if not strictly under the invasion respect, sorry, one page seems to be missing):

http://books.google.es/books?id=3vs...page&q=Theodore Sturgeon green monkey&f=false

So much for aliens, they are here, with or without forearms.

My 2c.

Rattler

Last edited:
Personally, I think the "Alien" movies has got to be the creepiest and scary for me, with the exception of the Predator vs Alien ones...

As for the rest of it, well, its rather entertaining, thats all.

BTW, did anyone recall the movie Starman- Jeff Bridges played the leading role, I think. That is one one good extraterrestial movie...

Normally, I do not appreciate sequels, nonetheless, when it comes to the Aliens, the four movies are so different. When I am thinking about it; have any of you seen the Aliens feeding on their "preys"? They are some sort of animals; they have a mouth (in the matter fact two in one). I prefer movies like Paranormal Activity, The old classical "The Exorcist", and the trilogy "the Omen". But that is off topic here.
I am thinking about a TV show with a similar title "the Starman",

NaNo! NaNo!

G

Hey ,fool,this thread start by me ,if you don't like disscuss this topic ,you can get out ! All right ,dude? OK, MY english is not fluent as you ,is it OK? I am a Chinese ,so my Chinese language skills are more proficiency than I speak English, Are you satisfy?

You want show off your GOOD English than you spanish language skill ,like the Singapore idiot show off how Singapore had a big moneys than our Chinese ,right ? Ha ha! Yes ,Singapore people speak fluent English than our Chinese ! But Singapore is a good dog beg American master drop some bone! They had no any self-respect! Nobody consider Singapore as a Great country!

Do you understand ,dude? want to continue show off you good English?? Are you self-abased in speak spainish??

Oh, why people of spainish learn to speak English? Numerous Spain-Mexicans illegal immigrants inhabit USA now, Each pair of Spain-Mexicans husband and wife birth many chirldren. The chirldren join USA families. It need no long times the illegal Spain-Mexican immigrants will captrue the territory of USA. Maybe all people of the United State are able to speak spainish language in 50 years. Why people in the world bother to study English? :rock:

OK, so he *is* spamming, but then its nothing dangerous, the site is a Chinese vid site, a bit like liveLeaks (google translated version following):

http://translate.google.es/translate?hl=es&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fo-ov.com%2Fshaque%2Fv%2Fid%2F437.html

So what? I was really getting pissed that he was kind of cross-posting through all the threads he had opened just to keep the ball rolling and to promote the link (which he deleted from his last posts, you can only see it still in the quotes: But hey, he learned!) but since my rant he has stopped doing that (he is still transporting the content from the other threads, but now in his own words (and MontyB: Never would I challenge someobody for not speaking perfect English, but in a response to a challenge from him and in expressively dedicated "troll mode" I think this was fair deal).

Rattler

Last edited:
Normally, I do not appreciate sequels, nonetheless, when it comes to the Aliens, the four movies are so different. When I am thinking about it; have any of you seen the Aliens feeding on their "preys"? They are some sort of animals; they have a mouth (in the matter fact two in one). I prefer movies like Paranormal Activity, The old classical "The Exorcist", and the trilogy "the Omen". But that is off topic here.
I am thinking about a TV show with a similar title "the Starman",

NaNo! NaNo!

G

Come to think about it, the Alien creatures do not prey on the humans, the humans were more like incubators for procreating- all that bursting through the chest were just gross and creepy.

I read through rattler's input and I do find it rather interesting. As I mentioned before, we were always given the notion that aliens are big, gigantic 'monsters'- they can be the opposite, actually. Not all aliens are malicious- some have been potrayed as hilarious as they try to understand us.

Ghostrider- yeah, I remember Mork and Mindy. If you recall 3rd rock from the Sun is equally fun to watch. What about my favourite MArtian?- remember that?

I also can understand rattler's input with regards to micwoe- something just don't smell right with that dude. I felt the same way, too. In fact, I was expecting a note from the mods for my inputs- the truth is I just cannot help myself. It is okay to feel good about who you are and where you come from, but when you do it and put others down just so you can feel good about it, that is where I draw the line and start to be nasty, as politely as I can. I hereby apologise to Monty and others who felt that I may have step over the line in this thread.

I also notice that we do not get many members from China. Maybe the mods can give some input on this?

Hey ,fool,this thread start by me ,if you don't like disscuss this topic ,you can get out ! All right ,dude? OK, MY english is not fluent as you ,is it OK? I am a Chinese ,so my Chinese language skills are more proficiency than I speak English, Are you sactisfy?

You want show off your GOOD English than you spanish language skill ,like the Singapore idiot show off how Singapore had a big money than our Chinese ,right ? Ha ha! Yes ,Singapore people said fluent English than our Chinese ! But Singapore is a good dog beg American master give some bone! They had no any self-respect! Nobody consider Singapore is a Great country!

Do you understand ,dude? want to continue show off you good English??

He is like a pimple that just would not dry up, doesn't he?

I am trying my best to be polite, but this small little boy just simply do not understand politeness when it is extended to him. Perhaps it is in his blood to be obnoxious.

Micwoe, you are someone who will argue with a signpost.

I also wish to state that I would like to say sorry to this small little boy-

I am sorry if you have an inferiority complex. I am sorry that your English proficiency is not up to parr with the rest of us. I am sorry that my country is wealthier than yours (your words, not mine). I am sorry if aliens decided not land in your country. I am sorry if you do not have the capacity to understand what is said.

Finally, I am sorry that your country has you for its citizen...

I truly am...

Come to think about it, the Alien creatures do not prey on the humans, the humans were more like incubators for procreating- all that bursting through the chest were just gross and creepy.

I read through rattler's input and I do find it rather interesting. As I mentioned before, we were always given the notion that aliens are big, gigantic 'monsters'- they can be the opposite, actually. Not all aliens are malicious- some have been potrayed as hilarious as they try to understand us.

Ghostrider- yeah, I remember Mork and Mindy. If you recall 3rd rock from the Sun is equally fun to watch. What about my favourite MArtian?- remember that?

I also can understand rattler's input with regards to micwoe- something just don't smell right with that dude. I felt the same way, too. In fact, I was expecting a note from the mods for my inputs- the truth is I just cannot help myself. It is okay to feel good about who you are and where you come from, but when you do it and put others down just so you can feel good about it, that is where I draw the line and start to be nasty, as politely as I can. I hereby apologise to Monty and others who felt that I may have step over the line in this thread.

I also notice that we do not get many members from China. Maybe the mods can give some input on this?

Yeah, the 3rd Rock from the Sun is hilarious; they are showing re-runs of it here. I do not remember the other one you are referring to, the TV show (Starman) I mention earlier is from the 1980s and the memory fades through the space of time. What I remember is a fancy Italian sport car, it can be a Lambo, shared some similarities with the really bad series about a talking car and the guy from Bay Watch or Beach Watch.
During the 1980s, the time period for many bad movies; I remember one movie, and I do not remember the title of it; Earth is invaded by something from Space, not big nasty things, more of a slime coming down with the rain, this slime (no color) made the humans to robots when they were infected by this "slime".

Yeah, the 3rd Rock from the Sun is hilarious; they are showing re-runs of it here. I do not remember the other one you are referring to, the TV show (Starman) I mention earlier is from the 1980s and the memory fades through the space of time. What I remember is a fancy Italian sport car, it can be a Lambo, shared some similarities with the really bad series about a talking car and the guy from Bay Watch or Beach Watch.
During the 1980s, the time period for many bad movies; I remember one movie, and I do not remember the title of it; Earth is invaded by something from Space, not big nasty things, more of a slime coming down with the rain, this slime (no color) made the humans to robots when they were infected by this "slime".

Yup, could not agree more with you, Ghostrider.

Many movies were made in the 80s and 90s about extraterrestials. I am sure you would remember "Close Encounters of the Third Kind". That was some awsome movie.

Like I said previously, if there was ever an extraterrestial landing on earth, nobody would believe it, it would be dismissed as a hoax.

Why can't the aliens be sexy and seductive like Heidi Klum, Cindy Crawford, Claudia Schiffer and the likes? Why, Why? :roll::roll::roll:

Yup, could not agree more with you, Ghostrider.

Many movies were made in the 80s and 90s about extraterrestials. I am sure you would remember "Close Encounters of the Third Kind". That was some awsome movie.

Like I said previously, if there was ever an extraterrestial landing on earth, nobody would believe it, it would be dismissed as a hoax.

Why can't the aliens be sexy and seductive like Heidi Klum, Cindy Crawford, Claudia Schiffer and the likes? Why, Why? :roll::roll::roll:

Yes, that was an awesome movie; There is one "alien" movie with a sexy woman; The Specie(s), but she is not so nice (the actor is, Forest Whittaker (spelling), he was acting in the Platoon, and he won an Oscar for his role as Idi Amin a few years ago, I think. He was hunting this "woman" when she escaped from a research facility

If Aliens landed here and they were as the women you mentioned; our normal luck would be, they are laying eggs instead of more interesting production methods.

Last edited:
Nermous Spain-Mexicans families pay a big moneys for go to USA. A lot of Spain-Mexicans illegal immigrants die during the period they across the U.S. - Mexico border!
Viper2007 said find plentiful Chinese illegal stay American, Australian and Canada! I tell viper2007 only 100000 Chinese iellgal in USA. But up to 12 millions Spain-Mexicans illegal immigrants stay in USA. Not include the Spain-Mexicans already join citizenship of USA.

http://translate.google.es/translate?hl=es&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://o-ov.com/shaque/v/id/437.html

Rattler

Nermous Spain-Mexicans families pay a big moneys for go to USA. A lot of Spain-Mexicans illegal immigrants die during the period they across the U.S. - Mexico border!
Viper2007 said find plentiful Chinese illegal stay American, Australian and Canada! I tell viper2007 only 100000 Chinese iellgal in USA. But up to 12 millions Spain-Mexicans illegal immigrants stay in USA. Not include the Spain-Mexicans already join citizenship of USA.

Son, you have no idea what you are talking about...

Nermous? What is that?

Spain-Mexicans? That is like saying China is part of Taiwan...

See... now you've made me stray from the thread, that you've started! What are you trying to do?

You are using statistics like a drunkard uses a lampost- for support, rather than illumination- taken too much rice wine, did you?

So, micwoe, my son, if you wish to continue, we will entertain you, like a 10 year old who needs attention...

rattler; DO you want to learn more stories numerous Spain-Mexicans illgeal immigrants who die in accrosing US-Mexico border. I can offer more!

Yes, that was an awesome movie; There is one "alien" movie with a sexy woman; The Specie(s), but she is not so nice (the actor is, Forest Whittaker (spelling), he was acting in the Platoon, and he won an Oscar for his role as Idi Amin a few years ago, I think. He was hunting this "woman" when she escaped from a research facility

If Aliens landed here and they were as the women you mentioned; our normal luck would be, they are laying eggs instead of more interesting production methods.

Hmmm, you are referring to Natasha Hensdrige (I think I may have spelled her name wrongly). That is one hot Alien!

rattler; DO you want to learn more stories numerous Spain-Mexicans illgeal immigrants who die in accrosing US-Mexico border. I can offer more!

First of all, Mexico is a transit country for illegal immigrants to the U.S., if a person has Spanish as his or hers native language does not mean (s)he is Spanish or Mexican. Spanish is the official language in all Central America, and Latin America (except Brazil, there they are speaking Portuguese) Mexico is a part of North America, but their official language is Spanish.

Because viper2007 and rattler ,I derail from my orginal topic.

viper2007 and rattler: two idiots want to show off. viper2007 want show their superority than China. Don't you kown China GDP are hundren time than Singrapore. Singrapore is Booger size country, even they can't offer foods and water by themseves. China can made supersonic airplane. We can made hundred of thousands tons level
sea ships. China can made 59 millions icebox ,98 millions televisions set, 81 miilions air-conditioning , 13 miilions car s and 40 millions washing-machinges per years. What products the Singrapore can made? Maybe USA soldiers can use Singrapore women ass for free. :cheers: That is why Singrapore want offer American army a navy base for free.

But some people of American had disscuss USA abandon Taiwan openly, They think they no need use huge fanacial to support a groups of cowards of Taiwan and Singrapore. Does these cowards of Taiwan and Singrapore dare battle to China. If they dare ,they will vanish on the Earth! Very little Japanese empire troops rule and torture Taiwan and Singrapore cowards very easily in world war 2!

Even American president Obama and other west coutries leaders had talk about China GDP will overtake USA in twenty years.

Son, you have no idea what you are talking about...

Nermous? What is that?

Spain-Mexicans? That is like saying China is part of Taiwan...

See... now you've made me stray from the thread, that you've started! What are you trying to do?

You are using statistics like a drunkard uses a lampost- for support, rather than illumination- taken too much rice wine, did you?

So, micwoe, my son, if you wish to continue, we will entertain you, like a 10 year old who needs attention...

Last edited:
Back