Is only American or European can defeat the aliens who invade the Earth? - Page 24

--
Is only American or European can defeat the aliens who invade the Earth?

February 9th, 2012  
BritinBritain

I can't remember what I had for breakfast, how on earth am I supposed to remember birthdays or anniversaries???

What, who said that?
February 9th, 2012  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper2007
Most of the time, Ghostrider, it ia almost too late...
So you spend some time in your garage, what should we do without the garage, in Singapore; I should visit the hotel bar, which invented the Singapore Sling, is the bar still there?
February 9th, 2012  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
I can't remember what I had for breakfast, how on earth am I supposed to remember birthdays or anniversaries???

What, who said that?
I barely remember my own birthday and I have my birthday in.....ehhh...ummm......dang........
--
February 9th, 2012  
BritinBritain

I remember walking into Raffles in Singapore and staggering out. I hear Raffles has changed quite a bit during the last 40 years since I were there. Staggering out of Raffles and heading towards Keppel Harbour for an Egg Bango at a makan stall.

One of my favourite haunts in Singapore was the "Half Way House" at Bukit Timah, or was it Bukit Panjang? Memories fade over time.

There was a huge NAAFI club in Singapore known as the Britannia Club, or commonly referred to as the Brit Club. It was also the haunt of US and Aussie blokes on R&R. There was an upstairs balcony and bar with a swimming pool below, I've lost count of the blokes who tried to dive off the balcony into the pool, and missed!

Then there was Bugis Street. I remember having a steak in Bugis Street, it had a slight green tinge to it, but it tasted ok lol.
February 9th, 2012  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
I remember walking into Raffles in Singapore and staggering out. I hear Raffles has changed quite a bit during the last 40 years since I were there. Staggering out of Raffles and heading towards Keppel Harbour for an Egg Bango at a makan stall.

One of my favourite haunts in Singapore was the "Half Way House" at Bukit Timah, or was it Bukit Panjang? Memories fade over time.

There was a huge NAAFI club in Singapore known as the Britannia Club, or commonly referred to as the Brit Club. It was also the haunt of US and Aussie blokes on R&R. There was an upstairs balcony and bar with a swimming pool below, I've lost count of the blokes who tried to dive off the balcony into the pool, and missed!

Then there was Bugis Street. I remember having a steak in Bugis Street, it had a slight green tinge to it, but it tasted ok lol.
You see! You remembered this, because it is important, or rather it is interesting.
February 9th, 2012  
BritinBritain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider
You see! You remembered this, because it is important, or rather it is interesting.
I don't know about interesting, but it sure had an impact on a 18 year old lol
February 9th, 2012  
viper2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider
So you spend some time in your garage, what should we do without the garage, in Singapore; I should visit the hotel bar, which invented the Singapore Sling, is the bar still there?
Well, Ghostrider, if you are living in an apartment, theres no way you can have a garage, so the store room is one option- and a pretty small storeroom that we have here in Singapore.

As for the Singapore Sling-story has it that it was invented by a bartender working in the Cockpit Hotel- that hotel no longer exist, but he concoction still soldiers on...
February 9th, 2012  
viper2007

Quote:

Sad to say, Mr Brit, there is a lot of changes her in Singapore. You may not recognise some of the place anymore (sigh). The Britania Club was converted to an SAF NCO club- you know, we used to have a club called "The Boots and Saddle" in the Srmbawang area- they used to have female mud wrestling for a while till the police got wind and did a few raids (partypooper!), and it sort of died down.

As for Bugis Street- it was quite an attraction-they use to have crossdressers doing some kind of partying there, They were transvestites, actually (shemale to the confused). The Caucasians used to cheer them plenty...
February 9th, 2012  
Trooper1854

As i have already said, I always liked
Gerry Anderson's UFO

February 9th, 2012  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper2007
Well, Ghostrider, if you are living in an apartment, theres no way you can have a garage, so the store room is one option- and a pretty small storeroom that we have here in Singapore.

As for the Singapore Sling-story has it that it was invented by a bartender working in the Cockpit Hotel- that hotel no longer exist, but he concoction still soldiers on...

So we need to create escape routes for you, I suggest at least four, and perhaps four or five different locations there you can hide. It can be good to prepare these locations with the necessities of life (beer, TV, and finger food)