Only in America - Page 4

--
Boots

November 18th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulja
Its a big deal in the UK when someone defends their home and DONT get punished for it! As its more common that if you attack a burgular that the burgular will get compensation for your actions! (man I wish I was american)

Ever heard of S.S.S., soulja?

Shoot, Shovel, and Shut up. (alt. "I've got a Shotgun, a Shovel, and Six acres.")
November 18th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
Ever heard of S.S.S., soulja?

Shoot, Shovel, and Shut up. (alt. "I've got a Shotgun, a Shovel, and Six acres.")
Wat does this suppose to mean? I turned my brain a couple of times, still got no clue what this SSS means..
November 18th, 2004  
Redneck

It's just a saying we have where I come from (it's a joke, so nobody get your knickers in a knot), it's basically saying that if you catch someone burglarizing your place, you shoot them, bury them, and keep your mouth shut.
--
Boots
November 18th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

if you catch someone burglarizing your place, you shoot them, bury them, and keep your mouth shut.

HAHAHA lol, I like it

Thanks mate, SSS is great
November 19th, 2004  
Doc.S

Thank god that I can say that all this frustration hasn`t been builtd up over one day or so - it has been 7 long years (education, competence development, study courses, substitute work when needed) before I realised what has to be done, there is also alot of pride that goes down the toilet when you have to live like this, and I guess I will never learn to handle those feelings as long as I cant provide my own family with more than stuff that just satisfies human basic needs - there are alot of honey loving people over here in sweden.

When I move to the states with my family I will need a work, roof over our heads that I can pay for, food, and a TV-set where we can watch the news, learn american fotball or baseball or basketball. A car would be nice too - And maby some time outside with the outdoor grill and the dog, that would give me a clear consious if I leave my home for holidays,knowing than Im really doing something for a living and deserves some free-time and not being demanded to report in to some form of probation officer like Iam a criminal or something, just because they have choosen to hang me up like a shirt.

If I would not report in over here in Swe I would only be another homeless Sweed. There are alot of them over here that eventually gave up all hope. I have two different educations and I am pretty handy and a quick learner so I dont think I will have a to hard time to find something to do over there in America when that day comes, and it is great to have relatives when you are moving to a new country that understands all that new stuff that I will have to deal with.

SSS sounds like my dad would like that one....

Cheers:
Doc.S
November 19th, 2004  
rOk

Doc S.

What school did you finish and what (work)experiences do you have?

btw I'm sorry about Sweden, I do "know" quite a number of Swedes from some other forums but they never mentioned this, I too thought of Sweden almost as highly as I do of Switzerland.
November 19th, 2004  
Doc.S

rOk I send you a PM dude

Cheers:
Doc.S
November 19th, 2004  
soulja

Lol SSS sounds great but we cant get the guns to shoot the burgular in the first place!
So its kind of a vicous circle of good british people being stolen from because the theives win either way (either they get away with my t.v or they get thousands of pounds compensation!)
I have actually had my house broke into around four times when I lived in a rougher area, nothing was ever done about any of them...
November 19th, 2004  
Trevor

Topic: Re: Only in America

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
The Right to Bear Arms: How many nations in the world allow the common citizen to own their own weapons, especially fully automatic ones? Allowing everyone to have their own weapons has proved to be a recipe for disaster in most of the world ... but not in the USA.
It's cause a total disaster, and a huge problem in the U.S.

The gun-related deaths per 100,000 people in 1994 by country were as follows:

U.S.A. 14.24
Brazil 12.95
Mexico 12.69
Estonia 12.26
Argentina 8.93
Northern Ireland 6.63
Finland 6.46
Switzerland 5.31
France 5.15
Canada 4.31
Norway 3.82
Austria 3.70
Portugal 3.20
Israel 2.91
Belgium 2.90
Australia 2.65
Slovenia 2.60
Italy 2.44
New Zealand 2.38
Denmark 2.09
Sweden 1.92
Kuwait 1.84
Greece 1.29
Germany 1.24
Hungary 1.11
Ireland 0.97
Spain 0.78
Netherlands 0.70
Scotland 0.54
England and Wales 0.41
Taiwan 0.37
Singapore 0.21
Mauritius 0.19
Hong Kong 0.14
South Korea 0.12
Japan 0.05

The study used 1994 statistics supplied by the 36 countries. Of the 88,649 gun deaths reported by all the countries, the United States accounted for 45 percent, said Etienne Krug, a CDC researcher and co-author of the article.
November 19th, 2004  
egoz

you know, we could ban hand guns and do all of that stuff, but that doesn't prevent murders from occuring. the list provides deaths related to guns but there are other problems, why don't you look at murder rates, or domestic violence. also, it'd be interesting to see how many of those weapons used were legally registered in the US.

a friend of mine lives in japan and he was telling me how a student at a high school brutally murdered fellow students with a sword and cut their heads off. i realize it's one incident, but i'd rather be shot than cut up with a sword.